Hot hatchback thread

In the market for a new car around 20k and I am looking for a fun card to daily drive. Naturally, I am looking at a hatchback.

Does anyone know the estimated release dates on the Elantra GT Sport and the GTI refresh? I think this is my short list at this point.

Yes, I looked at the FoST but the interior and platform as a whole is ancient. Also "le panel gaps lel" bullshit.

FiST is too small for me, and it appears to now be dead. So.

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/11/03/kia-hyundai-mpg-epa/18410431/
ebay.com.au/itm/2013-14-turbo-2-0-Ford-Focus-ST-upgraded-performance-lower-engine-mount-mazda-3-/281374750006?hash=item41833df536:g:FgkAAOxydlFS8EdO
youtube.com/watch?v=OORKDkjA_lA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why? 20k could get you a used Mustang gt or a brand new memeboost Mustang.

I would look at the Kia Forte5 SX until the Elantra can prove itself

What's the point of a Mustang if it's a V6?

>until the Elantra can prove itself
Everyone is saying it's an improvement on the Elantra Sport, which was a very good car already.

does this run the same engine as the elantra sport/gt sport?

Wtf are you talking about? No one said anything about the v6

1.6 Turbo

I'll believe it when I see profressional reviews and not hyper because they hired a BMW snob.

Same one in the Veloster and Soul Turbos too.

The difference is the chassis improvements they've made since then. The Elantra Sport and GT (and the next Veloster) were extensively tested on the Burgerking.

The Elantra Sport has one of the best rides for a car in its price range.

Seriously, rides better than cars double its price.

I know the GT is a new chasis. I wonder how it compares.

show me the memeboost for 20k

The new i30 is getting rave reviews, literally raving about the chassis. Considering it is the EGT, I'd say odds are pretty good.

Sounds like you are already aware that the Elantra Sport is also getting rave reviews for its chassis. Odds are through the roof that the EGT is gonna be a good car to drive.

Also the GTI will hit the top of your price range BTW. Volkswagen doesn't have thousands of dollars in incentives like Hyundai currently does. You should be able to get $4k off the EGT right off the bat; it's an ongoing rebate across the Hyundai line-up.

>Also the GTI will hit the top of your price range BTW
Yeah, I've been watching prices and they've actually gone up in the last couple of months. In April dealerships near me had them at 19k for the base model, now they are around 22k.

Shouldn't the price be going down on them? The refresh is imminent, and will bring the 10hp upgrade to all models.

Quick question: if I did get an Elantra Sport, is there anything I should know about beforehand?

I think it's coming this fall or next spring (not sure) I'm eyeballing that little Korean hatchback too. Also looking at the Impreza sport hatch but obviously that's a slower car.
I thought it's going to be available with a 2.0 liter turbo as well.

It's Korean, Hyundai lies about the fuel economy, and it's likely to be less reliable than competitors.

Still better than Nissan though
>inb4 low bar

Check yourself. Go to autotrader and pick new, 4 cylinders, manual , sort by price lowest.

when I bought my Hyundai this past spring (Accent, not Elantra) I was getting 3500 in rebates off a car with a MSRP of 15k.

They had some 2k rebate for buying a new car and then a 1500? rebate for being a first time hyundai buyer.

Hyundai understates fuel efficiency. I pulled just shy of 46 MPG on a 230 mile drive KY to Columbus last month, and 43.5 on the way back down in 4th of july holiday traffic. There's plenty of reasons to hate on them, but the MPGs is not the right one.

MZ3 owner here, anyone done an efocus/2014+ focus mount swap? Just bought one and was wondering how good they are.

>Hyundai understates fuel efficiency.
other way around. friend of mine bought an Elantra because they advertised 40 MPG
turned out it was virtually impossible to get that in normal driving on the highway. There was a lawsuit, and Hyundi sent checks to all owners for the money they would've save had the car gotten the advertised fuel economy.

they got sued in 2012~ for the fudged fuel efficiency, and started to understate MPGs afterwards. They list the 2017 elantra at 36 MPG highway

>usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/11/03/kia-hyundai-mpg-epa/18410431/

>Impreza sport
>CVT
Hard pass on this one, for me.

The CVT should have you running away. Even Subaru's CVTs are unreliable

Planning on doing it to my 2014 FoST soon, which didn't come with the upgraded one (early build). Probably going with the Mountune one.

Sucks you didn't get the upgrade. I bought this one.

ebay.com.au/itm/2013-14-turbo-2-0-Ford-Focus-ST-upgraded-performance-lower-engine-mount-mazda-3-/281374750006?hash=item41833df536:g:FgkAAOxydlFS8EdO

That's actually a really good price, thanks for the part number. Maybe I'll look into one of those instead.

Yea it was fucking cheap compared to the aftermarket ones and mazda and ford guys are saying its a great upgrade from the stock garbage ones.

I wonder if your side mounts are the same, your passenger mount, is it oil filled or solid rubber?

I was wondering how would a Mazda 3 GT compare to the "proper" hot hatches.

It has 185hp and about the same torque with a 6 speed. If its lighter and geared lower, I could see it being interesting.

What would be the best hatch for as good as possible 0-100 and daily driving on small budget? (~3k €)
I've been mostly thinking about civic VTi, fiesta st and 206 rc and wanted to get some opinions on them

Cibbic has the most potential for mods.

if you can, grab an EP3 Type R

I honestly have no idea, I haven't looked much into it. Got the car a few months ago (March) and it's my first "performance"/turbo car. Wasn't much into cars most of my life.

Yea me either, I only got into them when I started driving cars.

just get a civic for 3k.

>Mazda 3 GT
This could maybe give you some insight

youtube.com/watch?v=OORKDkjA_lA

This guy bitched about everything. Wouldn't clean his car or take care of it and cheaped out and got the base model with the 2L and wondered why it's shit LOL. fuck this guy is a retard. 2L is meant for max economy not performance.

If you want a performance car Either go buy a 2nd gen speed 3 or a focus st/rs

If you want an economical daily buy the 2.5L gen 3, change the tires because stock ones are garbage.

Can the gooks actually stop copying other brands?
That's fucking embarrassing.

It's way out of my budget, the best Civic that I can buy would be EK4 for me