twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The car that killed Can-Am

>No 787B yet
You all should be ashamed of yourselves

The car that killed amerishit cars

yeah because it sucked dick

Too good not too bad and lucky

Read the OP faggot

Did the 787B cause a massive change in regulations, or even kill the division it was in? Legitimately asking here.

it got rotaries banned from le mans
it doesnt really matter though because theyre unbanned now and mazda just thinks its a dumb idea to even bother again

Reminder the R32 GTR's massively cheated during homolgation since Australia had no R32's to begin with to even check if they were cheating niggers.

WRONG, rotard

New engine regs were coming in anyway. Jag lost their V12, Sauber lost their TTV8, Mazda just happened to lose their triangles.

delusional fanboys think it did when it reality
>21 races, 1 win

and mazda had been using rotary powered prototype cars for almost 10 years up to that point

They didn't ban rotaries, they banned non-OEM production engines, as in homologation rules. Mazda didn't sell 3 or 4-rotor engines so they were not allowed. Mazda had previously raced with the 2-rotor 13b but it didn't go very well so there was no point in going back to sticking that into a prototype again.

I mean Rolls Royce could have stuck a turbine engine in a Le Mans prototype car if they wanted to at the time.

Some of you guys are posting cars that were just really successful but didn't inspire rule changes so i'm guessing either is allowed?

caused so much butthurt Ferrari cried to FIA every time they won to get engine rules changed

>I mean Rolls Royce could have stuck a turbine engine in a Le Mans prototype car if they wanted to at the time

Holy fuck I wish I saw this

*Insert every Alfa Romeo race car*

mfw one went off on japanese auctions a few weeks ago
typically the type of shitboxes I'd buy if I was a billionaire

The GT-R didn't inspire rule changes..
That is just what dumb ignorant import fan boys say and repeat.

It's a shame that so many import magazines spread this as a false truth.

I am an import person btw.

lotus 56

Didn't it get banned after it beat the shit out of all the other cars ?

Porsche was that one fucker in school who always did the best without even trying.

E30 BMW M3

Too lazy to get a picture

also
>lotus 78

That was a Porsche I think.

and then ended up becoming a sex slave to volkswagen

Untill porsche bitched and cried about it and got it removed

>AMG
>Mitsubishi

Wait a minute, what the fuck? Am I missing something here?

that's what rotards would like you to believe
here's what happened
>be 1990
>FIA changes engines rules to match F1
>le mans 1991 comes around
>because of the new engines rules the grid is half empty due to companies not being able to or even trying to meet the new rules
>FIA decides fuck it, we'll give a bunch of cars a free pass, 787b was one of them
>787b shows up and qualifies lpoorly (the best 787b qualified12th) even though it had a few hundred pounds weight advantage
>manages to win because all the legitimately fast cars either crash or break
>1992 le mans FIA gave no free passes and enforce their engine rules
>rotards scream omg they banned the 787b cuz it too good!

No. Shit like this happened all the time.
Cosworth tuned a Mercedes and Impreza, Shelby made Dodges as well.

*blocks your path*

ITT: weaboos

>car that won lm after years of trying, four car versions and only because ferrari italians were too busy dealing with spaghetti spillage in team
it was a cool car, but it's "legend" is mostly marketing success. nothing game-breaking.

>>car that won lm after years of trying
Could've been sooner. brits were fucking it up. shelby came just in time to even allow it to go on a winning streak in the first place.

AMG was pretty much an independent tuning house until the late-90s user.

>1912
>making DOHC 4valve per cylinder engine
"racing" against it was everyone else hoping it would break.

FW14b, would have been nice to see what modern F1 cars could do with active suspension.

sure it would
>2017
>f1 is now just a bunch of street life niggas jumping in their f1 lowriders like in san andreas

Stopped from rallying solely to promote the family sedan.

I'm not annoyed by the lack of active suspension, but imagine seeing a car like the RB8 corner flat out for half a lap before a Pirelli shits the bed.

Didn't the 787b set a distance record though?

The only things truly good about it were the godly sound it made, and that the engine was apparently in good enough condition to make another 24 hour race.

Basically every FIA Group B car. It's rare that an entire group gets itself banned for being too fast.

It was more because it was overshadowing F1, the same reason why group C was killed off.

I thought Group B was just a barbaric meme that resulted in the needless deaths of drivers thanks to shoddy and desperate construction of some of the cars that led to people burning to a crisp inside them or dying upon impact because the metals they used were incredibly light and/or flammable in an extreme attempt to save weight.

also modern WRC being faster whilst being a lot safer on the drivers thanks to what i assume is build guidelines that all manufacturers must fallow to ensure that cars like that flaming lunchbox lancia that burnt to a crisp don't happen again.

What is the official name of this car

Dual engine seems like the best way to do it

Suzuki Escudo Trial Car

Group A cars were just a "shoddily" built as group B cars, even F1 cars weren't that safe. Safety measures only aproached modern standards in the mid 90's, and that has not to do with materials or construction (that was already pretty good, nothing like the insanity that was going on in late sixties/ 70's F1) but in rigourous design requirement for crash protection, fire supression, road condition, safety harnesses, etc.

Modern WRC's can still burn to a crisp though:

youtube.com/watch?v=J9fvTH_uWig

And the reason they are faster (besides better tires and suspensions) is mainly because Rallies are MUCH shorter, both in stage lenght as well as inbetween stages, so they can push the cars much harder.

It's actually such bs that they'd change the rules just because the R32 was so good compared to every other car on the track so they had to find a way to get the R32 out of the race.

pretty sure the m1 procar fits

thats because there was no 911 in that race
gtr is and was inferior to an 911

Nah, it was just bad luck since the class it was supposed to race in was closed down before it could enter, and it wasn't competitive in the existing classes (too heavy).

>just guessing because you think it looks cool
kek. it was shit in its class

>destroyed everything so badly it was banned from future events

youtube.com/watch?v=e6hi6orsiBU

Yeah

"""""MERCEDES"""
fuckin memelords

>no nissan nismo
>no lancia stratos
pagans

…and didn't it stand for quite a while?

>banned for being too fast
it was banned because too many spectators and drivers were killed/injured

Australians wanted to change the rules to allow Holden and Ford to be classified as Group A without having to meet the required production numbers. That's all they had to do, but for some reason they added extra rules that made most non-Ford or Holdens unable to compete.

Explain to me why they decided to exclude most other manufacturers?

>Bonus points, do it without referring to them as a nation of sore-losing, racist, ex-convict pissheads.

2 fast 2 flammable

this Group B was getting btfo by the 90s

it could be fixed simply by re-thinking security. no wonder people got hurt when they literally jumped on the road for fun. Now WRC cars are running even faster (yes, better suspensions and shit, but it's still riding on the edge), if i remember correctly right after season started someone got either injured or killed in monte carlo. No one makes fuss about it, people who sit in the right places finish the day uninjured and that's what matters.

People often say that group b was banned because everything else was losing popularity when compared to gr.b. It sounds like yellow subtitled conspiracy theory but i really think it could be one of reasons to ban it.

So fast it still holds the record nearly 30 years later.

I'm guessing the record is fastest six cylinder?

Top speed on salt flats nigguh.

It's amazing how many people don't realise that more power =/= faster stage times

Buttmad greeks and boomers wanted it gone because it destroyed their pos burnout mobiles. Most aussies love the GT-R

> The JUN-BLITZ Bonneville Z32 holds the E/BGMS class land speed record of 419.84 km/h (260.87 mph) set at the 1991 Bonneville Speed Trial. The vehicle was built as a partnership between JUN Auto and BLITZ. This record remains unbroken.

BGMS class rules in picture.

go back to /b/

ford/holden cuck detected, do you really think that in two whole years of racing not once would they be able to check over the car?

Basement of the Chrysler museum. Kek

holy shit those cars from gran turismo... I remember spending hours racing my cousins on 100laps mode

except mazda had the 3 rotor in the eunos cosmo

...you do know who owns majority stake in Volkswagen, correct?

thi was settled a few years ago. They've been going back and forth on that for years. A few years ago, VW got fed up and just bought Porsche

Seems Porsche still owns over half. Then comes the Saxons and Qatar, strangely enough

Most greeks and wogs love GT-Rs...

Most of the other cars crashed when GT-R won bathurst.

Kind of a shame they changed the rules because most of the dumb import fan boys say it was because of the GT-R. I used to be one of those dumb fan boys myself.

The GT-R doesn't even have one of the fastest lap records for that track.

Mount Panorama Records

Print
Email
Outright Lap Record
2:01.5670
Set by Shane Van Gisbergen in a McLaren 650S GT3 - 7 February 2016 (Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour)

Lap Record (Touring Cars)
2:06:2769
Set by David Reynolds in a Holden VF Commodore Supercar - 9 October 2016 (Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000)

Lap Record (Racing Cars)
2:02.6701
Set by Simon Hodge in a Mygale M11 Mercedes-Benz Formula 3 - 20 April 2014 (Bathurst Motor Festival)

Lap Record (Sports Cars)
2:01.5670
Set by Shane Van Gisbergen in a McLaren 650S GT3 - 7 February 2016 (Liqui-Moly Bathurst 12 Hour)

Lap Record (Production Cars - Group 3E)
2:28.5330
Set by Garth Walden in a Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG - 27 March 2016 (Hi-Tec Oils Bathurst 6 Hour)

Many people say the ford Sierra should have won bathurst 1992 as the GT-R crashed and didn't even finish all the laps but was declared victory anyway.

15 out of 16 races.
Enough said.

I would love to drive that thing, it was one of my favorites in GT5

>Mazda didn't sell 3 or 4-rotor engines so they were not allowed.
>Mazda didn't sell 3 rotor engines
You just ruined what little credibility you had

I saw this car in the middle of a courtyard on my university campus once, and mistook it for an S13 at first.

What country do you live in? Those are rare as fuck outside of Japan.

Australia.