Tfw accidentally shifted from 4th to 1st

>tfw accidentally shifted from 4th to 1st

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6N4tLAAy5Fg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How the fuck do you manage to do that

IS your engine ok?

It made a really loud noise and the whole car vibrated like crazy until I let off the gas. Now I hear this metallic banging sound when the engine accelerates. Its only a 1 year old car will it be covered under warranty?

I dont fuckin know

Manual or auto? Auto shouldn't let you but manual it should just pop out.

>manual or auto
are you that fucking retarded? how would op shift from 4th to 1st in an auto?

99.999% of cars won't let you into first unless you're barely moving.

0/10 bait, here's your (You).

They call it the money shift for a reason

Is it common for shitty cars not to have something to prevent this? If my car is rolling past 5 it makes a horrible grind and wont let me shift to first.

Not true. With enough force, you can easily downshifted into 1st.

Have you even seen shifters on low end shitty cars were the gear lever just wants to go all the way in the direction you push it in. My friend also did this to his car in highschool don't kno.w still if it was because he wanted a new car or not he was a fag btw not literally though.

I don't squat 300 with my arms.

quit being a faggot.

Try to do it intentionally next time you're in a car.(keep the clutch held it) It's not that hard.

>Try to do it intentionally

MANUALFAGS BTFO AGAIN

Explain.

My uncle did that in his corvette once during a street race. He said the shifter and basically everything else tried pushing up out of the gearbox, along with the car making a horrible noise. I think he sold it a week later.

This thread is evidence that the only people who like manuals are inexperienced retards who can't drive in the first place.

Speaking of terrible driving, I'm looking for a youtube vid.

Some guy driving a manual classic that isn't his, either a mustang or a corvette.

>Terrible clutch work
>Ugly as fuck
>Does massive pulls in 1st/2nd then slams it immediately into neutral
>Wobbles stick to check for neutral like 50000 times
>Holds the steering wheel all fucky when turning

I'd wager the same logic applies to autofags with ABS, TCS, PS, reverse sensors, transmission lockouts etc etc.

Basically, you're grasping at straws but here's a (you).

I have a miata and miata synchros are really fucking good, they can allow you to shift into first from fifth in a split second without grinding. It takes a bit of force to do so, especially on an earlier model like mine (90-93) because the 1/2 synchro takes more effort to use, but sometimes it'll slip right in

Not at anything above 30km/h though, you'll have to rev it to like 6k.

People who drive automatics aren't concerned with standing out and being a special snowflake. They simply use their cars as efficiently as they could possibly be. Anybody with a job beyond McDonalds doesn't have time to play boi racer.

>Not at anything above 30km/h though
I've managed to do it going 50 mph, I pressed the clutch back in just in time though

People who drive to McD's and work don't care about how a car works, the limits of the car nor the functionality.

Self driving cars can't come soon enough to take those braindead morons off the road that seem inexplicably blinded by a windscreen and bewildered by side mirrors.

Nigga I just clicked 12 recaptchas successfully, what the fuck.

Self-driving cars will obsolete your cars and you won't be able to drive anymore.

Your synchros must be in tip top shape to allow the entire assembly to spin up that fast to engage.

>thinking all automatics are efficient
>thinking all automatics are new automatics
>thinking that everyone can afford a new automatic car that isn't shit
At their start, autos were the special snowflake transmission. They were clunky and slow but
>only two pedals!
>it's so easy!
>just put it in drive and go!
>no effort whatsoever!

If you can afford a new auto, good for you. I'll be happy to stick with my stick because it's relatively inexpensive and reliable, and makes driving my shitbox much more interesting.

It's the lesser evil I'm willing to accept after taking a 3rd person to court who didn't know they needed to check the next lane before changing, the latest being the proud new owner of a written off GSX1400.

>automatics were bad 30+ years ago
Irrelevant. If you are driving on public roads, you don't need anything more than a 4-speed automatic. You like manual because it lets you feel superior, not because it's a better design.

My peugeot 106 wouldnt allow that.
There is somethig blocking the way. There is no grinding noise. Its like theres some wall blocking it from entering first gear, no matter how hard you push.
That applies to second gear tol if im way too fast. Impossible to hammer it into first or second while going too fast.
The wall releases at 5 km/h or so, thats where i can enter first gear again.

hello mr regular
review a twingo

>1 year old car will it be covered under warranty?
Yes if you lie. Also will take the dealer six weeks to do.

>1 year old car
>downshifting from 4th to 1st

impossible, unless you are driving some american trash can made in detroit

I've done it in a shit old Fiesta. I didn't properly money shift, I just nearly put it into first when I intended to go from second to third at about 25mph. It didn't go fully into gear, the revs shot up to about 5k before I put the clutch back in. Another milisecond and it would have gone well past the redline. The transmission wasn't actually damaged as far as I could tell, I saved it just before it shat itself I think.

>tfw accidentally shifted from 3rd to reverse

Oh yeah a brown guy right? That video is horrible to watch

>t. madboi who can't into boiracer

Who the fuck shifts with that much force? I have a 6spd that I DD and a 5spd I occasionally drive and sometimes on the 5spd I will forget and try to shift to 6th and accidentally hit reverse and it just grinds and I instantly remember I'm a dumbass.

>endangering everyone else on the road for your own autistic dagumi fantasies

>Coping this hard

Take it to the track, manchild.

>accidentally shifted from 3rd to neutral

this actually shows what kind of people use autotragics

>wah my brandnew car is wrecked because I put it the wrong gear
>stupid manual shit never again, it's not my fault it's the tranmissions fault!

The computer probably logged the massive overrev so if that's the case then no warranty for you.

>grinds when shifting at any time
You're the one with the shitty car user, sorry you had to find out this way.

>Implying I don't

You're the one who assumed driving manual means I do drifts in the streets. That, and the fact you feel the need to shame manuals just shows your bias and how much you must be coping, knowing you are not even a quarter as cool as anyone who knows how to use the car dick.

My car has auto stick. Ever hear of it bus rider?

when i was learning stick i pulled a miss 3rd and go into 1st doing 25-30ish twice.
dont think I broke anything though

>intentionally
synchromesh has achieved orbit, sir!

It's a C3 corvette

what kind of car was that? normal ones have first gear lock when moving, just like reverse lock, this thing won't allow you to get into gear if you're going fast

Try to do it intentionally next time

youtube.com/watch?v=6N4tLAAy5Fg

>learning stick
Memeface.gif
As it's already been alluded to in the thread the only people who obsess over stick are boiracers who work at McDonald's and have never had to make a critical vehicle purchasing decision in their life (and never will if they draw any kind of pride at all from the trivial task of engaging and disengaging a clutch periodically). Fucking mileagelets have probably never driven cross-country in one sitting before.

b-b-but that's not possible

They're not in line with each other, or even near each other.

And you'd be going up or down to downshift into 3rd, or over to the right to upshift to 5th. Why would you go to the left?

Also, your transmission would sound like rocks in a blender trying to force it into 1st at any decent speed. You'd really have to push it hard, going against any physical and audible feedback.

It just doesn't work like that.

How can i shift at reasonable speed from 2nd to first like in sport cars? Ive been driving with automatic in racing vidya and they freely downshift from 2nd to 1st at like 50kmh. My daily car wont let unless im really slowed down to 20kmh. Do i have to harden or somehow else tune the gearbox?

Racing gearbox =/= daily gearbox

What you're feeling are the synchro gears that sync the new ratio to the shafts on consumer boxes. Racing boxes have no synchros and the gears are cut in a different way.

just accept that you can't do that. don't drop down to 1st unless you've stopped.

i had same problem, got used to shifting to 1st in racing sims while in movement and then i needed some time to get rid of this involuntary shifting

How do I get so called racing gearbox? Is it just swappable from the same model but more powerful engine, or any gearbox can be somehow tuned? Why daily shitboxes are made to block downshifting from 2nd to 1st at higher speeds?

WTF? How can someone be this newfag? Good thing summer is almost over.

Gear ratios on racecars are closer than on daily cars, the lows are longer and the highs are shorter. 1st on a racecar is somewhere between 2nd and 3rd.

As for racing boxes, if it would even be a good idea to drive around with one : depends on the platform of your car. Investigate.

>only McDonalds workers have time for stick
>has time for a cross-country trip
Gonna have to pick one, user.

>inconveniencing yourself just to feel cool

If anything you fucked your clutch

Where I live people obsess with stick because it's cheaper and the auto gearboxes we get are export monkey models with 3 speed trannys or some other simpler, outdated crap that is paindully slow and has shit for empeegees.
U
M
A

D
E
L
Í
C
I
A.

Rev match
I can't believe no one said this yet desu

I have no torque below 1.5k revs and i have to downshift to get to my house because there's a hill and it's bumpy af so I can't go quick.

>just accept that you can't do that. don't drop down to 1st unless you've stopped.
I can no problem but the engine braking would be UNREAL.

>accidentally shifted from 4th to 1st
That's why accident-prone people should have automatics.

>Try to do it intentionally next time
Sure thing, let me borrow your car so I can take your advice properly.

Wait what? I'm new to driving manuals. Is that an issue?

kek

Not really, you'd have to be retarded to pull the lever down halfway thinking that was fourth, let alone second.

jesus

Manual heteros btfo

>summer
Fuck off retard. My knowledge on cars is as big as average moms knowledge that has 3 kids and drives SUV

The ECU would log a misshift

>everyone is American
nigga my grandma can drive a manual

this triggers me

You don't squat with your arms at all, unless you're doing some kind of Ukranian death lift.

Nigger, I like stick because its more fun. And where I live, they don't salt the roads when the ice hits, so I like not worrying about the AT suddenly shifting in the middle of an icy turn.

>tfw I managed to shift from 3rd to 6th when pulling onto the highway once
Still don't know what the fuck I was doing.

why is he doing that? for what purpose?

>vvvvvvvvveeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>shift
>r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r

Colin Kaepernicks brother can't drive.mov

How did I know that someone was going to post this?

>be auto-tragic driver
>play simulators constantly
>have my own shifter
>never money shifted
>constantly have dreams of doing it

I think God is telling me I'm going to do it when I have a real manual car and not some dweebs little sim.

Car cannot do dis thing

>go from 5th to 2nd on the highway

Fuck.

This. Otoh it's fun to see other people fall to it though.

You're supposed to only shift gears, not rip the whole gearbox out.

You're fucked OP. Hope you can afford a new engine, the valve train is probably beyond fucked

This, it log a mis shift and the exact details of an over rev

>accidentally bought an automatic car

But user, inconveniencing yourself just to feel cool is basically what life is all about. We would probably be better off living in mud huts blissfully unaware of the world around us and dying at 30 equally blissfully unaware of the void. Yet we had to go and make shit all complicated just to be cool with big boy pants and vroom vroom around like a bunch of gay homos.

>go from 2nd to 5th

>slush-o-tragic from 1979 in my 2008 car

my car will do that just fine, 5th gear at 1k rpm is just a bit lower than the city speed limits

Oh boy here we go.
Our weekly manual vs automatic thread.

Start your engines (wink)

So how do I safely shift to 1st? Occasionally I don't feel I have enough power in second, like when going up a steep hill that is windy at slow speeds. Or pulling into parking lots. Wat do?

Fuck off, says the man who then admits he doesn't belong on this board.

>manualfags praise manual transmission but don't even know how to drive it
P O T T E R Y

Wrong. OP is describing a money shift although as many others have pointed out it should be practically impossible in a 1 year old car. Maybe literally impossible.