Convince me not to buy this car

Convince me not to buy this car.

Are you a poorfag?

Nah not really

its not a car you drive yourself
its a car someone else drives for you

But I don't make my own money either my parents would pay for it.

>convince -me- not to buy this car
>my parents are paying for it

buy the car

>wrong

Maintenance doesn't get cheaper with age. It may cost 30 grand to buy but the maintenance will still be the maintenance of a 150 grand car.

Not if you get creative and don't care about originality. Engine craps out? Stick in a 350. Still drive around in a nice looking car and have the maintainability of a 72 El Camino

why would you even want it

you sound too poor to maintain it

yeah nah

theres other parts of the car

and putting a rough running V8 kinda defeats the purporse

You can change out the entire mechanics of the car to a modern cheaper version, lets say from a cadillac with a northstar? Just take the shell from a cadillac and put the fancy car on the frame. I have done it before with a jaguar, the v12 crapped out and I put a 350 as well as an old mercedes.

Even if you do manage an engine swap (which you won't because otherwise you wouldn't be asking these dumbass questions on Veeky Forums) it won't save you from other parts breaking. You can't just stick an El Camino central locking system in there.

I know a boomer that did something similar to a Rolls Royce he got a hold of dirt cheap because he worked in the wrecking industry just to fuck with people at the track. Beater luxury cars that aren't just rotted and neglected are hilarious.

Like I said, creativity is cheap.

>my parents would pay for it
kys

Go for it. It's not like it's made out of dried palm leaves. Jake from sales who just financed a brand new Accord is just butthurt his cookie cutter life is boring and you're not making a "safe" choice.

Engines are durable, you can still drive it even if interior electrics don't work.

>Engine craps out? Stick in a 350.
This is one of those cases where a 350 would genuinely be a downgrade. Less displacement, less power, way less torque.

The point is the replacement engine would cost a lifetime supply of 350 engines, which would still get the vehicle in motion if rigged up.

Using as an example, you can put in a 6.6 Duramax if you want

The engine isn't really the problem in these though. It's like a bigger British SBC, usually it's everything else that craps out.

Except that's a pre-facelift Arnage T, which blow headgaskets left and right and wreck their camshafts.