Is designing everything to be pigfat and bloated the new normal...

Is designing everything to be pigfat and bloated the new normal? Compare the design of the 2019 Ranger to the 2011 Ranger, and the difference is night and day. It's not just Ford, but also GM, Chrysler, Nissan, and even fucking Toyota share the blame. Who is responsible for this?

The government and a car's design being very low on most buyers' shopping list.

The jews

>car's design being very low on most buyers' shopping list
This only applies to Americans.

>pigfat and bloated
nobody cares what you think about cars you stupid worthless millennial

Yeah like why would anyone want comfort, features, and safety in their cars?

Pedestrian impact standards.

millennials are the ones designing these cars. this is what i think why cars are so fuckhuge now. aging boomers have become senile and want bigger cars to feel safer while driving, and millennials really don't have anything else to aspire to own besides cars these days since the majority of them can't buy houses or even electronics that aren't engineered to fall apart within a year or 2 want big cars too, otherwise their lifetime use of anti-depressants isn't sufficient enough to block out the insecurities they have from life

>muhlennial meme
Go suck that boomer dick you gen x fag.

The Accord also got a lot better in that time. It went from econobox tier to pseudoluxobarge that you can drive across the country in relative comfort

Yet the fuel economy went up and it's still just as reliable and cheap to run while being safer

The difference is that the old Ranger was an American compact truck and the new Ranger is a global full size truck and therefore an American mid size truck.

Globally compact trucks are car based which would be far too small for the American market, and engineering a new American compact truck just for Americans isn't worth it.

>Is designing everything to be pigfat and bloated the new normal?
Form follows form

chicken tax is to blame for that

And it'll still sell like ass because trucks in America are about dick waving rather than actual utility

>the guy who needs an $80k F350 to carry his portable compressor and framing nailer on a construction site

>implying the Colorado and Tacoma aren't selling quite well to folks who don't actually require the capabilities of a full size truck and whom full size trucks have become too expensive for

>NC Miata
1110kg+
>ND Miata
1058kg

But that is pretty much the only car that actualy lost weight...

the tacoma is a stupid truck unless you plan to drive it for a couple years and get as much money back as possible. v6 performance with v8 gas mileage

The Ranger is the one truck that needs bloat. Is has some of the worst safety ratings and it kept that title for a long time.

>utility
It's not about the need, it's about the want ya damn commie.

if i'm getting v8 gas mileage i better have the fucking performance of one too

Replace "pigfat" with safe and "bloated" with aerodynamic.

Progression is designing cars that car fit more stuff more comfortably, and achieve far great MPG while being able to have its occupants survive wrecks at 85 mph.

The 2011 Ranger weighs about the same as a 2017 Focus.

I-I didn't know about this

>tfw my two cars are an 04 Ranger and a 66 Mustang
and my gfs car is an 03 Neon
maybe I should just kill myself now and spare my cars the trouble

This. Plebs will say resale value but who buys a truck to sell?

Commercial fleets

>its not about utility
>it's about utility, it needed to be safer

american intellectuals

>by 2020 we'll have proper two-ton, 20-foot land barges again
I'M READY

There is always one exception to every rule. The Ranger is that exception.

Commercial fleets don't buy overpriced Tacomas. They usually have base model GM vehicles.

You're probably partly to blame... Let me guess.

You NEED bluetooth
You NEED satnav
You NEED a banging stereo with 90 speakers
You NEED heated and cooled seats

Now you go buy the fancy truck with this shit and the less equipped truck is forced to add all this shit now.

>the guy who needs an $80k F350 to carry his portable compressor and framing nailer on a construction site

That's literally the same as the guy who needs a $80k Porsche to drive to work.

A Colorado costs $1k less than a Silverado though, Which is why they don't sell as well. Why get a single burger when a double is 25 cents more.

Commercial fleet trucks get auctioned off for bottom dollar. Once they've paid for themselves and made a profit they're garbage.

t. Truck cuck

A Porsche is a status symbol for white collar workers, an $80k truck for a blue collar construction worker is just a terrible financial decision

Bullshit. No way

Ehhh most of the people that drive those Porsche's are laid off right now. So technically a construction worker makes more money. Most trade guys are making more money than the average desk jockey. You're thinking of rig pigs.

More to the point, who gives a fuck and why? If you don't own it and you aren't paying for it then fuck off and buy or build (if you aren't a mechanic you have no business calling yourself an auto enthusiast) what you want.

Street isn't race, lots of unsprung weight is comfy, driving is drudgery in most of the world, so taking your living room with you is popular.

If you want lightness, power and agility buy a motorcycle.

Nope. They auction their old shit off directly or via outfits like Copart. When a fleet gets the axe you can find deals because they don't all get beaten to death, but if you aren't a mechanic you don't know what you are looking at.

>let me talk about things I have no idea about

>t. spent $60k on a "arts degree" or some bullshit to make $15 an hour

>Porsche is a status symbol
Am I in 2003 again? Porsche is upper-middle class at best, cubicle cuck.

>liking land barges
You're the exact reason why Jeremy Clarkson makes fun of us.

I don't see upper middle class cucks buying Carrera 4Ss

This thread reeks of poverty

>caring about safety
My passenger doesnt even have an airbag. If Im gonna crash im gonna fucking CRASH

edgy

No, but I see a lot buying Boxsters and used 911's.

Goddamn that thing is so fucking terrible.

Does that upset you?

Leave the thread so we don't have to smell it.

No, why would it? It makes me laugh when they think they're high class for buying a Boxster.

Wait until you see the new Dodge Dakota.

Poorfag thinks he's rich because he finally got rid of his bus pass

What do you drive?
>inb4 rustbox truck

Higher class than you

>high class for $8000 market value shitbox
>not even S trim
I love cubicle cuck delusion. The fact that pavement queens from coastal cities even think they're on the same level as me is hilarious.

t. fedora tipping poorfag from a fly over state
Enjoy accomplishing nothing with your miserable life

I guess the reasoning today is, if you want a compact truck, well, here's a compact CUV for you. Enjoy your FWD and your girly proportions.

Don't get ragey with me, cubicle cuck. Might be moody from all that estrogen in your vegan meals.

>cubicle cuck cubicle cuck
Try to come up with a better insult

I don't have to because it clearly bothers you. Keep replying, cubicle cuck.

Isn't Porsche just another CUV maker nowadays? That's all I see on the road that has a Porsche badge on it.

No they just slap their badge on Audis and use that money to make more sports cars

>The difference is that the old Ranger was an American compact truck and the new Ranger is a global full size truck and therefore an American mid size truck.
Kind of, but not really. The global PX Ranger is still a global midsize truck, but is also much larger than the global PK Ranger it replaced in 2011 much like all the latest generation of compact, midsize, fullsize and HD pickups from the last decade, global or domestic. Compare the latest F150 to an F250 from the ninties.

They fixed that post 2008 bruh. Literally just made the crumble zone better and based off the smart car which made pickup trucks finally "safe".

That reminds me of a Ridgeline or an Avalanche. Ugly as shit

Luckily no one cares about your shallow opinion

t. Ridgeline or Avalanche owner

t. unsubstantiated ad hominems

t. Numale who uses big words the poster he's responding to doesn't understand in an attempt to draw attention away from his ugly truck

>be ford
>make a trim level of the F100 geared towards ranchers and arizonians
>actually make a smaller F150 with the name instead
>get fed up with it as everyone complains it isnt the F150
>overhaul it with NewSmoothAluminum Design(TM) because of government meme regulations
>now it sells like hot cakes because the F150 didnt get a revamp until like eight years later
>dont change the design for close to twenty years
>nobody cares though because we are forcing this as a Jeep competitor meme with constantly changing offroad trim levels and options
>get fed up with it and stop making it just as the truck enters the culture as an American staple and the economy starts recovering
>wonder why sales of BIG ASS COMFORT LUXURY F150s arent going up in its absence
>five years later run out of ideas on how to make money
>just start reselling the global Ranger with slight trim changes marketed as a smaller F150

it takes serious dedication to be this retarded, let me tell you

holy shit dude you're so smart...fuck...i give up

They not fat and bloated, they stylishly round.

I feel like I'm repeating myself, but here it goes;
t. unsubstantiated ad hominems

>and yet people still die in both of them

golly gee frankie, aught we make everyone have giant land yachts made out of bubble wrap so that way no one ever gets hurt, ever?

lol those are like my exact words when i talk about car safety (and my lack thereof)

>heavy sigh

>Who is responsible for this?

Fat Americans with tiny dicks

>Australian designed
>Thailand manufactured
>marketed everywhere but North America
U R Smert

This is fucking hilariously true.

My mom is obese. She just went car shopping and proclaimed everything smaller than a full size truck or 3 row SUV to be uncomfortable.

>make every family-oriented car extremely large and uncompact for an entire three generations in a country with more than enough space on the road for land yachts and the like
>get surprised when said generations grow up with an avoidance to smaller vehicles

>we can never go back

Feels sad man

Those are not the same weight.

The giant SUV on the left is actually the same size as a VW Golf.

The new Civic and camaro lost weight too

>Compare the latest F150 to an F250 from the ninties.
Haven't American trucks been the same size since the '60s though? 80 inches wide, so and so long. Only the height and ratings have increased.

Not at all. Trucks used to be much slimmer. In reality, the bloating can be seen in all cars and trucks.

t. brainlet

I'll take it over skinnyfat euros with no balls in hatchbacks.

Have you never been to a city in your life?

they are it's all about signaling how manly and country you are with your lifted truck that will never see dirt

no because if you die she'll just send "that beat up old junker" to the scrap yard and buy a fucking altima

>giving a fuck about what some bong has to say about what i want to spend my money on ever
yeah no

Understandable given how castrated and sterile sedans/hatchbacks are these days. For the price and the lifespan of your average truck, it also makes more sense.

that's why I will never buy a new car or anything after around 2005 when the a pillars started getting thicker. older is better to work on, smaller almost always looks better, easier to see out of, and more fun

Not to mention trucks seem to be the last of the RWD species. Everything is a FWD CVT suburban shitbox that can't into road trips. They only appeal to 30something metrosexuals with all the tech and safety features. I want trucks god damn it. Whatever happened to fun?

the boomers went senile and managed to get us in a position where they have bought up all the fun cars or have them ridiculously priced and all the new cars are ridiculously pigfat

Why would I buy a motor cycle if I want a car?

>giving a fuck about what a no-driving, old prune of a man with a 12 year old's taste in cars thinks

>buying GM as fleet vehicles

L

O

FUCKING

L

The Silverado/Sierra, Tahoe/Yukon, and 9th gen Impala are some of the best selling fleet vehicles ever. Not to mention the Caprice PPV which is noice.

>ever

iow, not now, and not an argument

f150s have been selling more than GM's entire lineup combined for forever

you think niggers in Australia were listening to rap before 1985?

follow the leader bitches

Vehicles growing with each generation is not a North American phenomenon.