Ford Shills will defend the new Bronco looking just like a fucking explorer

>Ford Shills will defend the new Bronco looking just like a fucking explorer.

Explain yourselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

chevrolet.co.za/cars/trailblazer/model-overview.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FORD SHILLS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Disappointing. I thought they were bringing over the Trolllpllloll from South America.

if its body on frame then its an improvement over the exploder

I'd honestly imagine they'd rebody the Everest, not just rebadge it. Wonder if it's just testing the platform or if it really is a pre-production prototype.
It is, and a decent chassis at that. It's basically what the old Explorer was, and SUV body based on a Ranger platform.

Rebadged Ford Everest?

good maybe gm will make a midsize bof suv and nissan then mitsubishi will get their heads out of their asses and bring us the pajero

Its actually just another car with the name "bronco"? meh. what was wrong with producing pic related?

itd cannabilize expedition

looks like it got the rear end of a Traverse

Didn't it come out a while back that they were just rebadging the Everest and Ford vehemently denied it?

I really hope so. i'm tired of looking forward to something Good and Cool from Ford and it turns out to just be faggotry.
>*cough*fo*r***d****G*T****cough****
Raptor is pretty fucking cool though.

This guy knows what's up. OP you are a fucking idiot, even in the article it says this is a test mule with an Everest body because they don't even want a Bronco with camouflage driving around. This is the best camo you can get, a whole different car body on top of the frame you're testing. Not to mention it's fucking right hand drive.

thats an early prototype though

They did. This is just a mule. And the fact that they didn't bother hiding the rest of the body, means this isn't the actual final design of the thing.

That said, I recall reading somewhere that there is (or was) a serious internal disagreement within Ford as to what the new Bronco should look like. Some just wanted it to look like the troller, (if not outright rebadge it) while others wanted other things, and they apparently couldn't agree on the design.

But, the same guy who denied the everest rebadge, did make clear that Ford understands that people have certain expectations of a Bronco.

Not to mention, it's supposed to compete with the Wrangler specifically. Rebadging an everest or one of their other small SUV's isn't going to successfully be within that market.

The only disappointing thing about GT is that baby's first super car six cylinder.

But you like raptor? With baby's first truck six cylinder?

itll be a everest with durango front end and bronco in the grille

The V6 is pretty good in the Raptor.

The V6 in the GT gets trash fuel economy in comparison to larger engines in its class whilst making slightly less HP.

>V6 in other cars
BASHING
>V6 in Ford
IT IS OK! LEAVE FORD ALONE!

What a hypocrite.

>Aluminum bronco

Even worse

The car is 2-3 years out. It is most likely that they are testing the suspension, frame, etc. under the guise of an Everest body.

id rather have a pajero spert

The thing is, for the last 5 years GM has had their hands on, and sold an equivalent SUV in other markets based on the Isuzu based Colorado platform in the form of the Holden Trailblazer (Isuzu also selling their own MU-X version).
Pic related was never on the table. Just a fan/magazine conceptual drawing.
There was a post on Reddit a while back late last year that went viral, posted by a "senior Ford design official" claiming just that. It was three days later Ford made a press release debunking that post and claiming the "senior Ford design official" was an unfounded phony.
I'm still presuming this is the case.

That's not a bronco. It's probably a face-lifted everest that has nothing to do with the bronco

Quite the opposite. i usually hate Ford's V6s but in this truck that's not trying to be a exotic super car flagship its fine.

In an actual super car flagship its just disappointing especially when they have better engines for that.
Worse than that crossover looking thing with worse ground clearance? isn't the Bronco supposed to compete with the Wrangler?

also
>solve captcha
>get green check
>error you have mistyped captch x4
>TIMES FUCKING FOUR
CHRIST!

>The thing is, for the last 5 years GM has had their hands on, and sold an equivalent SUV in other markets based on the Isuzu based Colorado platform in the form of the Holden Trailblazer (Isuzu also selling their own MU-X version).
Fuck, that gave me a headache rereading that.
tl,dr; GM do build a competitor, they just don't think North America wants it.
Also, GM has recently severed ties with Isuzu and seems intent on developing their own in-house midsize pickup. Isuzu has since done a deal to provide Mazda with a rebadge of their pickup (instead of the current Ford Ranger rebadge BT-50)

>crossover looking thing
You should stick to handbag shopping if your idea of form is skin deep.

>isn't the Bronco supposed to compete with the Wrangler?
The Bronco never has before... But it'll end up as a Ford equivalent of the FJ Cruiser. Retro inspired body on a global midsize 4x4 platform. My guess as to why they've just used the Everest body is that there's too many give-aways even camouflaging the intended Bronco body... Like a removable hardtop everyone's hoping for.

So you're suggesting that thing has better offroad capabilities than a Raptor? because i can see a pretty obvious ground clearance discrepancy between the two but maybe its just a really flattering photo angle for the Raptor and not the everest and that goes quite a deal deeper than skin.

I'm suggesting that visual heights aren't really worth considering without putting other factors like wheelbase and angles into the equation, of which the Everest's biggest advantage is short overhangs and a neatly tucked undercarriage.
Yes, I'd say from my guess the Raptor would be a more capable offroader than the Everest, but that'd be more from power output than clearance, although the clearance would be an advantage.
I'm more picking you opinion of a "crossover looking thing" based on something you're not used to.

But then again, I will presume they won't simply rebadge the Everest as a Bronco for the biggest reason that marketing it to a market that's as fickle as you are will be a sales flop. Ford know this and have watched the success with Toyota's FJ Cruiser (you think the Prado would've been as warmly welcomed even if it's the same thing with more practicality?).
Sage for samefagging

I will fucking kill you op

>I'm more picking you opinion of a "crossover looking thing"
It wasn't an opinion, it was just a name for some pudgy looking shitbox which there exist loads of already in the same class who's name isn't important. its like when James on Top Gear called the Nissan cube and other cars like it "those japanese Van things". my point was that Ford already went above and beyond with the Raptor so why bring over another car and just call it "bronco" as a half-assed placeholder.
>based on something you're not used to.
What the fuck are you even talking about? cars like those are all over the fucking country. are you talking about what Bronco buyers might not be used to? because yea, that'd be the point of a car called "bronco" they'd want a Bronco not another car simply called "bronco".
>But then again, I will presume they won't simply rebadge the Everest as a Bronco for the biggest reason that marketing it to a market that's as fickle as you are will be a sales flop.
No, if they aren't it would be because they could just give it the same name it already has instead of naming it after another car people are expecting something different from leading to the people who want cars like that potentially buying something else and Bronco buyers who may want a Bronco just not caring not some autist getting triggered over someone insulting some shitbox.
>Sage for samefagging
???

For the love of all that is holy, PLEASE tell me this is not the new Bronco.

>overly triggered ford fangirl

if it was just a test mule they wouldn't camo the front. That's pre-production for sure.

dis

Literally all I want is a LWB slabsided Troller. I don't even care about a V8 as long as it makes decent power.

>new ford bronco is a 2000's dodge durango

Get a Rubicon Unlimited. Bam. Exactly what you want.

>Four doors
>Massive fender flares

>ford fans thinking it'll be anything but a face-lifted everest

loving.every.laugh.

if you care about this piece of shit boring ass normie suv you don't give two shits about cars and don't belong here.

>growing up the ford bronco is my absolute dream car
>still dream of owning one to this day
>find out it's coming back
>it looks like absolute dogshit

>bronco
>4 doors

God dammit Ford if you fuck this up I'm gonna send OJ Simpson to kick your CEO in the nuts like he was going for a field goal from the 60 yard line. You already have 3 mommy-mobiles and they are all 4-door

just buy a old one for 1.5k and stop being a faggel

Looks are meaningless, ramp agles are what matter, and by the looks of it, its not completely horrible.

THIS

>b-but why don't you want another dildo on wheels with a Bronco badge? You're just being crass!

Sometimes I wish this board had flags, but the shitposting would ruin it.

>Bronco
>4 doors
No fucknuts, that's called an "Expedition".

I won't defend that shit, I want my 2 door body on frame suv back that shares the f-150 or ranger's chassis faggot.

Then buy an old Bronco faggot.

What happens when they inevitably fade into obscurity and the price starts to rise? Then we cant just buy an old bronco

Looks like a Land Cruiser. Is it at least truck based?

was going to say this

it's not the new Bronco.

Otherwise the whole body would be covered. It's literally just a mule.

Ford is Stupid but They are not THAT stupid. while all other information is dubious, we know for a fact that the new Bronco is set to compete with the Wrangler, which it can't do if it's just a rebadged mid size SUV from europe. It hasto not only match the Wrangler's capabilities, but visually has to match the "rugged" look of the Wrangler, one way or another. Which is why many thought they were gonna rebadge the Troller

if it was pre production they wouldve covered the whole thing. it would also not be right hand drive.

all this means is that they might be testing something on the front end that changes the immediate obvious front end of the car

I think you missed the memo that the new Bronco is going to be 4 door. We'll be lucky if Ford offers a 2 door version. They want to compete with the Wrangler Unlimited, not the normal Wrangler.

It will be 4 door, 2 door SUV's don't sell. Even 2 door jeeps hardly sell any more.

I'm gonna be buying the shit out of a 2 door JP a couple years after they finally drop. I'm desperately trying to make my MJ last that long.

This is the Branco? Now way.

its called (((coherent corportate design language)))

New cars are so fucking ugly.

It's already been stated that it's just an Everest shell bolted to the frame.

I don't want an old Bronco faggot!

>What happens when they inevitably fade into obscurity and the price starts to rise?
If you just buy an old one like I suggested, then your concerns wouldn't be a problem. Although your concerns lead me to believe you're too inept at operating and maintaining an older car anyway, and yours would end up being one that fades away.
>I want an old Bronco but I don't want an old Bronco
Makes sense...
Yep, based on the Ranger. One of the few modern midsize trucks that don't switch off traction control over the front axle when you switch on the rear difflock. I'm pretty excited about the North American development of the platform as it's all but confirmed the 2.7L ecoboost will be making its way into it.
There's really a lot of posters ITT that fail to listen to reason.

>your concerns lead me to believe you're too inept at operating and maintaining an older car anyway, and yours would end up being one that fades away.

My old K1500 would disagree with you.

Then why would you want a new Bronco as opposed to an old one?
Are you one of those irrelevant faggots that critisize something when you'd have no intention of buying it anyway?
>hurr dey shud make it for me and not suited to the mass market
Good business strategy you have there.

Ford had inline 6s in their trucks ages ago and they were fine

You can blame BMW for this. Everybody wanted to have that level of brand recognition over people liking your cars first.

What mass market? When people hear Bronco they think compact, rugged and very square-shaped 4x4 from Ford- not ugly and bland mom-crossover that doesn't look unique and would be competing in an already saturated market segment.

>the mass market is my opinion
Telling the masses they WILL consume your product because it's want YOU want isn't the recipe for successful business.
>what mass market?
You really are a few donuts short of a dozen.

>saturated market segment
Dunno man, there's not much in terms of BOF midsize 4x4 SUVs.

they were more than fine, they were the best engine Ford ever made

leave it to Veeky Forums posters to know nothing about cars that are older than them though*

*every car made before 2002

It's not "my opinion." Go ask someone you know that isn't into cars what a Bronco looks like. (Also knowingly taking your bait)

I'm not baiting anyone. Just pointing out you've offered nothing but unsubstantiated hearsay and passing anecdotes off as generalisations.
Just because you're not being agreed with or being told what you want to hear, doesn't mean you're being "trolled".

This... Oh how I would kill for a new Ford truck with their based inline 6 equipped.

I don't care if it's decades old or not as fuel efficient as today's engines, Toyota get's away with keeping their 20+ year old engines in their vehicles.

I would engine swap, but I may fuck something up.

Why would they bother when their current V8 and V6 is better in every single objective? I honestly can't wait until the new 3.0L V6 diesel in the F150 makes it to the Ranger and Everest.

Well, this is the vehicle being referred to in the post you cited.
chevrolet.co.za/cars/trailblazer/model-overview.html
I don't know if that helps or hurts your headache.

oh yeah, their equipping a diesel in the F-150... then later a hybrid..

But I await the diesel... i'd be surprised if Ford managed to make it an engine choice for the Raptor LOL.

Sorry, that headache was self induced after re-reading the barely legible paragraph I posted... Hence the double post samefag sage.
Also worth noting, the Aus delivered Holden gets a 2.8L version of the same engine that makes 147kW and 500nm (about 200hp and 370lb/ft), same engine as the American Colorado pickup. Also worth noting, the 2.5 and 2.8 is the same basic engine that was available in Jeep XJs and still sold in a lot of markets with the current KJ.
Already all but confirmed the new 3.0 V6 diesel will be replacing the PSA developed 3.2 five cylinder diesel currently powering the Ranger. The theory is to place the Everest more as a global premium 4x4 in line with Landrover Discoverys and Toyota Prados.
The current 3.2 is a solid performing truck motor, but not as refined as some other competitors.

>KJ
JK*
Although the KJ Liberty did have the 2.8 option too.

Body on frame doesn't mean anything at all to normies. To them it'll just be an overpriced Explorer with shitty gas mileage.

A test mule is just a stock frame with the internal components of a new car underneath. The finished product is probably going to look like a shrunken F150 / Expedition.

Might not mean anything to soccer mom's, but it means a fair bit to the normie dads who want a family friendly capable offroader and us "enthusiasts" who can see past the form for the function and simply want a good serviceable truck based wagon. I for one think it's a crime the "crossover looking" Everest wasn't sold as the Explorer replacement instead of a glorified Taurus wagon.
It's market the 4Runner has had to itself for a while now...

>2020
Isn't slated for 2019?
doubt.jpg

If it is true.
>tfw no two door SUV.