Luxobarge

i need Veeky Forums's recommendations. i've been trying to decide what used car to buy for about 4 months now. I scroll through car listings literally every day, it's become an obsession (much like shitposting)

ITT: wat car is gud, i work 4 miles from home so fuel economy is ridiculously unimportant, reliability is pretty important but lexus-tier not needed.

I was looking at a pooinloo '09 XF vs a '10 s60 t6. thoughts?

(pic mostly related, but that's an XE)

chevy volt.

Get the faguar. Chances of getting girls to look at you are slightly better with that one

unnecessary, i've been tied down for 5 years

also i live in nigville, wouldn't a jag attract more attention? It'll mostly be in my garage but occasionally on the street if i'm too lazy

The s60 is extremely outdated

and suffers from shitty modern car design.

facelifted xf. or xe. jags are cool

>300hp out of a ((((modern)))) v8

Jaguar for sure

pic is the one i'm looking at

vauxhall ampera

too boring?

>but lexus-tier not needed.

Sounds like you already made up your mind as to what you will not regret owning.

I approve.

the ats is pretty cool among that category too

those cars are too small to be a barge if you arent getting a barge get something fun like a 1st gen cts-v be careful the earlier one have a weak rear end.
I guess they just wanted muh v8 but personally I dont think its a valid excuse for jaguar
back then it wasn't that bad even though 3.6l v6 were getting close to 300 hp.

What is your actual budget?

Do you have any utility requirements?

There are a couple new cars coming out that I think are worth checking out

>Kia Stinger
>Buick Regal Sportback

The new Regal is a rebadged Opel manufactured in Germany. Buick has been ranking right behind Lexus and Toyota in terms of reliability. Car looks pretty good despite their cringey ads and terrible SUV design.

Stinger is Kia's cheaper Panamera.

Both of these cars have lift backs. I drive and S5 Sportback and I can't go back to a regular trunk. I don't even haul stuff too often but when I do I'm so grateful I don't have a traditional trunk.

Actual budget is pretty loose, under $30k though so it pretty much has to be used unless i buy a brand new econoshitbox

Not much utility requirements, no kids and no plywood to haul. winters are pretty brutal up here in canada though, maybe I should be looking at AWD at least. but then again I work literally 4 minutes from home so RWD with good winter tires, not a huge issue

>jags without a leaper

Sad!

Dare I say that you should consider a 2018 Accord?

Pros

>new
>4 cyl turbo with 250 horses is available in manual
>Honda reliability and warranty
>can prob get reasonably equipped for 30k

Cons

>not a luxobarge
>floaty Honda even if you get sport package/model
>no brand alure

Another con

>FWD only

That's my main con
I've had 3 fwd's in the last 7 years, i wanna move up in life

isn't the TLX basically an awd v6 accord?

you got me excited with the Buick. then I saw...9speed auto with fwd and 2.0T or...8speed auto awd with 2.0T...

the stinger has my interest tho, planned on testing one once they drop. cheap sporty cars have always piqued my interest.

>pooinloo '09 XF
???

The Regal GS will be available with 310 hp 6 cyl and a DCT.

Probably outside of budget, though

Get a Maloo mate

Get a used Lexus and move out of nigville.

>lives in nigville
>too poor to move to white man zone to virtue signal from afar
>wants to buy luxury car

jaguar is owned by indians

desu im glad they bought em, jaguar since tata took over has been pretty fantastic.

e39 m5

>4 miles
Just walk, or ride a bike, you fucking faggot. That's not even enough to get the engine warmed up. Enjoy blowing through your engine's seals and bearing.

Get the jaguar, Volvo hasn't made a decent car since the 90s, and the jaguar would be more reliable. Though really get a Lexus, my wife and I both have one and they are awesome, I grew up driving Mercedes and Jaguars and they don't hold a candle to Lexus

>'09 XF
>luxobarge

Would you like some anal lube with that, faggot?