/acg/ - Armored Core General

Nonstop dying edition.

Last thread. For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm and Music collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#
dropbox.com/s/e43xmgrl76l9bpo/AC Music.rar?dl=0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/sparkingmeteor1337/videos
youtube.com/user/Necroscope86
youtube.com/user/BusterTBMPlays
amazon.de/ARMORED-CORE-DESIGNS-4-Answer/dp/4862461662
archive-scans.blogspot.de/2013/01/armored-core-book-pack.html
youtube.com/watch?v=CnwrAcRCHZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>monoleg

This year guys, have faith

Been a while since I posted, any new AC6 news or rumors?

Is.... that pilot Hiro from Shin Chan? What is he saying?

I've been stuck on the final boss of Frame Gride all day. Considering that's another From Soft mecha game, i figure some of you would know it/could help.

Other than just that melee attacks clearly won't work, do you have any suggestions on how to beat the dragon? Any part combination or weapons that work well?

yes he is, I think is because Chief has the same VA on japanese; about what is he saying, no idea there.

wanst the game a total chaos to play with?

bump

I'm not sure I understand the question. A chaos?

It's confirmed in "early production", a lot of us are hoping for a reveal at E3, which is when they've been revealing new games for a few years now (off and on since Nexus). No other rumors yet, but it is coming eventually.

Man, I wish I could help but I know nothing about Frame Gride. Best I could suggest is looking up FAQs since I doubt that there's even a youtube video guide out there.

you can see the other leg behind the left one, they're pointed in different directions. Still bad perspective (especially how the gun is actually kinda curved toward the viewer since it's drawn straight on a fisheye perspective).

I admire the attempt but this image is all sorts of fucked

I havent play the game, but I understand that the game have some problems with the camera, the way the mecha moves sometimes, and some of mechanic are badly implemented.

Chaos wanst the right word.

bumo

I will always be bothered by the dual grenade cannons.

Why?

Is 15 shots not enough for you? They make the AC massively overweight and do nothing to benefit combat. If it was a dual back weapon it would make sense but two individual grenades? WHY? It bothered me on genobee too but at least he was a midweight and could possibly fit them without being overweight.

It's like they decided to just take all the meme weapons (sawa, moonlight, dual grenades) and throw them on a single AC without consideration for design.

I only had a couple times where the camera was really an issue.

Eh, my main frustration is the RNG involved for getting the right crystals for crafting parts and how to get the most crystals you had to kill squires before killing your opponent.

Otherwise, I like the increased emphasis on melee combat, the Squire mechanic, and some of the cannons would do interesting things like lay down traps. It's obviously not the same as Armored Core, but I've been enjoying myself with it right until I hit a wall on this boss.

Just making the most OP AC senpai

>Eh, my main frustration is the RNG involved for getting the right crystals for crafting parts and how to get the most crystals you had to kill squires before killing your opponent.

oh god that sounds awful

I hate RNG and I'm glad they never used it in AC.

Bump.

>Armored Core with only one weapon type
>Armored Core with no story missions
>Armored Core with no non-player ACs

rank these

1. no non-player ACs
2. no story missions
3. only one weapon type

customization is more important to AC than story or arena.

Last one, live.

Armored Core General: Last Thread

Cut my thread into pieces.

This is my final bump.

we seriously need to recruit some EU posters who can keep this going overnight while the US posters are asleep. Thread doesn't die as long as there's people awake at 4AM.

Bump

It's coming soon(tm).

Someone should update the list of recommended games. There's a lot of other mech games that have come out since.

Anyone have suggestions for what to add?

Make sure to get 90% of Astro Port titles, Dual Gear which is coming along nicely, and i think an user has a new mech game in the works.

>Recruit
How would this even work

How exactly would you pilot this?

Well if you're thermidor mostly by getting caught in the rafters of Arteria Cranium...

Really though Thermidor's build is pretty good on early regulations before Alicia were heavily nerfed. Marve and the EN bazooka do serious damage together and the PM missiles chase down people out of your range. If you want to do a cosplay, you basically have to use the RJ's jumping ability to stay on top of them.

Ideally I would swap the PM missiles for WG's spread missiles, and the plasma cannon for a grenade or slug gun. Use OB to get in close, and then jump on top of the other player while whittling down their PA with marve and the bazooka, grenades every time you're above them.

I also have no idea how practical that would be in reality

Bump.

How many Let's Plays have you seen for any of the games?

I watch speedruns but I've never watched a let's play.

People speedup AC? I should see thise, are there any ones that are particularly good?

youtube.com/user/sparkingmeteor1337/videos

This guy does good speedruns and he also streams on twitch.

BusterTBM makes a lot of AC content, he's pretty helpful if you want to get into Nexus and Last Raven.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll be watching.

If only they kept the Omer super trike.

>motorcyle legs
>gigant motorcycle legs
>gigant motrocycle legs on a Aaliyah

My God.

>Lahire will never stand upright like in this concept art
>Lahire will always be doing that ugly squatting pose
JUST

> Omer super trike.

Next game will have one "super" part of each company, it could be a core, arm, or leg or whatever that compose the AC, extra points if you can mix with OWs

>ironically Aaliyah never squats like in the AC4 Intro
FromSoft works in mysterious ways

HEADS

There's a few let's plays out there.

youtube.com/user/Necroscope86

This guy has a few let's plays of the classic games.

youtube.com/user/BusterTBMPlays

And buster TBM (who is pretty active on reddit, maybe here too) is a regular video maker.

what is this from? Is there a full book PDF?

Yeah it's from the Armored Core Designs - 4&For Answer
amazon.de/ARMORED-CORE-DESIGNS-4-Answer/dp/4862461662

You can get the cheap scans I am posting from:
archive-scans.blogspot.de/2013/01/armored-core-book-pack.html

>$70 book

oh god that's tempting

If I was less strapped for cash I'd buy that for a coffee table book. I'll settle for the scans for now.

>this will never happen

stop motion recreation of AC missions using model kits

needs to happen

Bump.

>WG with a blade

I never understood this

Bump.

you will require a whole crew for it, even if you just buy the kits, you will need to do the sceneries and then the whole thing with cameras and special effects.

It's a retarded 5 sided blade, no less.

bump.

This bump brought to you by our sponsor Bernand and Felix foundation.

rate my emblem /acg/

5/10

Add some shading around the edges.

Last one.

I'd change the size of the stars so that they don't all look the same distance away.

wait whaaa

I forgot there were mobile games. Has anyone tried to play them?

I watched a little bit of gameplay on youtube once. They looked pretty awful and I don't imagine the controls are very fun being phone games.

It's too bad. With android gaming phones now you could feasibly play AC on your phone, a mobile game wouldn't be so bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=CnwrAcRCHZQ

Bump.

So, I randomly ran into some ACVD players a few days ago, they invited me to a lobby and I got fucking wrecked. I guess S ranks on campaign don't prepare you for real players.

What are the easier weapons to use while I get used to netplay? I usually favor HWBs and LWBs with ARs, BRs, shotguns and missiles because I can't into energy weapons.
Also, should I learn to use Balanced/High Cap generators or can I keep using Suzumushi?

Bump.

I would personally recommend a machine gun and a CE heat rifle. Easy to get into, easy to aim, does good damage to a majority of online players. Last time I played, the meta was to get alot of energy def, so it catches some guys off guard.