/hbg/ homebrew general

Poll results: strawpoll.me/13002880/r
Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
The titlekey website has temporarily moved to the following links
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
Note that 11.4 (latest) at the moment still needs either a hardmod or a specific legitimately obtained DSiWare game and an already modded 3DS.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
[May 12] NTR 3.5 has been released, adds support for streaming from 11.4. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.2

>Vita
[Apr 18] 3.65 was released. Don't update. Spoofing still works for now. wololo.net/2017/04/18/ps-vita-firmware-3-65-released/
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php,
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where the FUCK is my PS4 piracy?

Pretty terrible OP. Nice.

there's literally nothing wrong with it. it gave you the poll results you should be grateful for it.

5 hours

It's better than the one that started with the "right choice" pic at least

Hey guys I bricced my computer, what should I do?

browserhack your laptop to get arm9 and then do a wireless system transfer

Is Fire Emblem Echoes still not on the Freeshop?

How do I download and play ds games on my 3ds? Do I need to look for a .cia of the game or its a different thing? I want to play front mission.

flashcart

I finally got a flashcart for my old DS
What's some gud homebrew

I got it from the titlekeys site so it should be in freeshop if you update the cache

Read the OP. Or ctrl+f "ds games" in the last thread, we get this question multiple times a day.

5 years

quake

check yourself

If I've already installed Luma and Freeshop and everything then is it safe to update my system?

what's better to get wiiU games, utikdownloader or wii u usb helper?

I got the undub CIA file from 3dsiso and I've already updated my cache a few times today, still nothing. I just want to see if I can grab the DLC.

I blinked what the fuck is b9s

Has the dlc manage to be on free shop yet?

(lol

the ultimate meme more powerful than a9lh and emunand
dlc for both eur and the usa has been dumped its on the titlekey site might not be on freeshop yet

bait9shit

>New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this
what the fuck man so thats why i cant use the lumaupdater anymore

for fucks sake i just hacked my 3ds for the first time some weeks ago and now they come here with this shit

>give me ONE (1) reason to give a fuck and actually switch to b9s

1. it takes like 5 mins

pros of b9 over a9. I assume it's just earlier in the boot sequence allowing for shenanigans earlier... but what does this mean and why should I use it over arm9lh? plz i am n00b

releases of luma now don't support a9lh or older methods so you're forced to switch if you want the latest stuff which most of the time is needed when new firmware updates break stuff

maybe

what the fuck is "3DSafe" that they are mentioning in the guide tho?

wont i lose all my games and saves?

yes

Would it not just be a case of getting the updated firm each time and sticking that on my sd?

3dssafe is just something you can add so your 3ds requires a pin on startup to get into the home menu, like a lock screen pretty much i guess and no you don't lose anything you're just switching one thing for another thats it

so why the fuck

see

sure or just using the new lumaupdater

You're correct, this is basically the first bit in the boot sequence. That being said, outside of being able to dump stuff we didn't have access to before, and that new versions of Luma won't support a9lh from now on, due to being in a different format now, there's not a huge reason to. But switching to it is pretty easy, just moving some files and running a program on the 3ds on boot and then a bit more file moving. Takes only a couple of minutes.

Thanks, dude

>"If, before updating to boot9strap, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND before doing this section. "

what does this mean
Should i do this

sorry for being a complete retard

if you followed the guide from start to finish to get a9lh before all of this then no just ignore that

Yeah i fully followed and completed the entire (a9lh) guide about 4 weeks ago

So i can skip moving my EmuNAND and still keep my saves and games?

if you had an emunand before you did a9lh then you already moved your emunand because the move emunand part was also part of the a9lh near the end what you have now is cfw sysnand and not an emunand anymore

Shiit, all these abbreviations are fucking with me, being a non-native speaker.

Thank you so much for your answers.

I'll probably actually update to b9s anyway now

I'm on a o3ds 11.2 w/ b9s, I heard about some shit called ctr httpwn which would let me update games and go online etc,how do i do that?

or alternatively since i'm on o3ds xl and i can't use NTR anyway (NTR is for n3ds only right?) should i just update to 11.4? i read something about o3ds users needing to use the 11.2 payload for HBL or some shit if i do update, what the fuck does that mean?

thanks famalam

EmuNAND is a copy of the system's firmware stored and ran from a hidden partition of the SD card. Before AL9H this was the easiest way of running CFW and pirating games, but if you went from stock to AL9H you wouldn't have one. Those instructions wouldn't apply.

Just means you go to Smea's website and get the otherapp download for O3DS 11.2.0-35(Region Letter here) and rename it .

Once you do that, just throw it in the hblauncher folder and boot up the homebrew channel. It'll automate from there.

ntr works on both ntr video streaming is n3ds only and latest luma should allow you to go online without anything else but you can also just update theres no reason not to and the payload thing is just getting the 11.2 payload you have and just renaming it to 11.4

try to download the dlc and and it told me to fail to install CDN title

ctrhttpwn is run just like any other kickass, run it from HBL. it lets you use online services without updating and was patched in 11.4. thought it was baked into luma by this point but haven't checked myself.

friend list/online works with just luma
ctrhttpwn is for eshop/NNID

What are the ones I'm supposed to tick on the Luma configs again? The show nand string, GBA boot screen and game patching?

anyone?

>it worked flawlessly
thanks /hbg/

>Fx vs Chrome vs IE vs Opera
You clearly have no idea how the shit works.

Is it worth it to hack the wii us wii mode?

I wanna play some JP only wii games

yes hacked wii is one of the best things

So freeshop has sleepmode downloading now?

yea

and its not working

Sweet is it just an automatic feature one the newest version?
Really?

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer

It's only works on 11.4 firmware.

Has anybody here been able to get no$gba to boot in DSi mode? I'm looking for the DSi ARM9 and ARM7 BIOS files.

Been gone for a while, just switched over to the b9 whatever shit and am on up to date luma now. Do I just go into system setting and update to 11.4 like it used to be done?

If you want.

Want that freeshop sleep mode downloading which apparently only works on 11.4, thanks.

Is there an updated url for freeshop? I googled a lot, but only get links which freeshop doesn't recognize (invalid URL)

i'm retarded, didn't see it in the op

>tfw you have a prime number of games and can't arrange them neatly no matter what

Guess you just haven't downloaded enough games yet then.

>Got BotW
>Every time I try to start it, it insists it needs an update.
>Cant update it because WiiU cant connect to the servers

Did I miss a step that stops this shit from happening.

>Cant update it because WiiU cant connect to the servers
turn off dns blocker

>spamming this shitty poll for three threads and only got 109 votes

lmao

Kill yourself. I really mean it.

>Just brick your Wii U
Yeah okay pal

>tfw I'm actually autistic enough to relate to this

are you just pretending to be retarded?

what does that have to do with anything

I'd be retarded to listen to you.
You god damn tricksters, I've seen you pull this shit before.

okay so you are retarded

In his defense, /hbg/ does regularly meme morons.

>Me
>Retarded
>For not going with your "le ebin brick his WiiU prank"

>tfw he memes the memer

Doubt is healthy but you can stop now. Here: yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php, then check the OP for what the safe firmware is.

Guys I turned off the Wii U DNS and now Zelda works. How do I brick instead?

That's pretty much the number of people who come here regularly.

>he fell for it

I love Twilight Sparkle!

>Latest firmware is 5.2.0
Nice prank user, you all are really dedicated

I was actually just bored waiting for this shit to finish updating

Fuck this thread. You guys told me to use b9s instead of Sighax too and now I have a fully functional 3DS too.
Cunts.

>Being so tech literate that you can't even brick a 3DS.

So the new set of dlc of echos in Japan is out but when i redownload the dlc that is on CIAngel, nothing new gets added aside from the grinding maps.

Arent we suppose to get the new ones too if we just redownload?

Anyone dump the latest update for Digimon Monster World Next Order Asia (PCSH00261)?

don't forgot to download the undub from Nintendo

So im on 5.5.1 and just hacked my wiiu and I want to play breath of the wild but it says I need to update first. Is there any way to bypass that check?

you should update BOTW

You tricksters are really at it today.

boot1hax when?

>letting nintendo touch my illegal console
Oh yeah why dont I just go to the police department to get a silencer for my stolen gun