Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SRRw1ERj2Gc
rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/24/walkerman-released/
sauerbraten.org/iqm/)
youtube.com/watch?v=WYXVtQYzOxg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for ORA

Who else /devving while hurricane outside/

Godot noob problem: the hud is a child of the camera node, but even with smoothing and drag margin disabled the minimap does not remain aligned with the view.

I even tried manually setting the hud's position to the camera's but the problem persists.

What's the correct way to make a hud?

So this..is the power..of Godot

Looks like you might be rendering before updating positions.

To the developer of World of Horror: I noticed quite a few grammatical errors in your screenshots.

Your game looks great but some of the grammar is bad, if you'd like someone to proof-read your text then let me know.

we'll work around the issue through making strongly controversial games that will get articles on the mainstream general topic media

If I know nothing about coding at all but want to make a top-down 2d game, am I better off going with game maker/&c. or spending a bunch of time learning to code?

Basically, is game maker/&c. really good enough for an inept monkey to make a good game with, or do its limitations make it not worthwhile?

I'm sure this has been asked countless times but I don't see any pastebin.

It's a better idea to make the HUD a child of a CanvasLayer node.
But you can try force_update_scroll() after moving the camera and it might fix it.

Is he doing the Harlem Shake?

Ok, I will take opportunity and post in new thread.

GrandFaker here, some of you might remember me from 23/Prometheus game, but probably most of you won't know me. Anyway, I had to take a break from deving for some time (uni and shit like that). After thinking for some time, I have decided to take a really long break from 23/Prometheus, because I feel like I'm too shitty dev to make it as big, as I plan to. Instead I took up new, smaller project that is called EggEgo. I have already posted some sprites asking for opinions, so some of you might already know it.

tl;dr
Another shitty dev is coming back with new project.

Sorry for blog.
I missed you guys

Added the stacey action select screen

!!!QUALITY VARIES!!!

What's a good primer for C#? Something that goes over the gotchas and the unique features of the language more than "So we'll start off with what an array is: " sort of basic tutorials.
I know Java and a few other beginner languages, so I imagine the transition will be pretty simple. I just need someplace to start.

I'm in this weird middling phase of programming where beginner tutorials are too simple and crash courses through the documentation aren't enough. I guess it's a sign that I'm getting better, but fuck if it isn't frustrating.
/blog

shut up gojew.

money seems dumb, meme wrong, either avoid

MSDN. Whatever it is related to C# MSDN is the answer.

How does it look so far?

>no pastebin
We love arguing.

It's not really a simple question anyway.

>game engine or code
If you want to do anything unique or interesting you'll have to code in a game engine anyway, so you're just postponing learning to code AND you'll have to deal with interfacing with the game engine which is much more difficult than doing your own stuff from scratch. You will see results quicker though.

Is this a hobby for fun or do you want to release a game for profit?

If it's a hobby learning to code is more worthwhile. If you want to make money pick something else. Somewhere in the middle? Make up your own damn mind.

progress will need successful PNG pipeline

TheOnian's Necrobot model is looking pretty good in game. Just need to figure out why the gun isn't showing.

Duh just shit game

can get going

make something, gameplay, anything

You piqued my interest.

Well you've got the PS1 look down thats for sure.

Just needs some low-poly, low res-non anti-alias'd monsters to pop out and you're set.

Are you targeting i80386 processors? You do know that there are already plenty of i80486 processors on the market?

Framerate is way too high for the PS2 render aesthetic.

Probs add some fog too. And make the blacks a bit blue or grey or whatever.

Glad to see you aren't dead! I was getting worried.

I honestly think the art looks really nice. Is this going to be a RPG where you can capture/use enemies as party members?

Why does Chad look like Fight Knight

G A [literal fun] M E

This looks great. Like King's Field.

more info?

>PS2 aesthetic
What the fuck PS2 games have you been playing that looks like that?

You could try reading herbert schildt's books on C#, just skip the stuff you already know.

>mixels

Amazing.

get going work make something anything

just remember that Unity still uses .Net 3.5 if that's your goal

fucking become perfect

>he thinking what old games looked like has anything to do with the neoretro aesthetic
lmaoing at your life

How's this:

A world where nothing bad ever happens and no one ever dies or gets injured.
But an horrific accident happens and you almost die, you can see the mangled bodies of several other people. How can this be?
A black van shows up and starts cleaning the bodies, you pass out.

You wake up in what looks like a huge landfill, with bodies everywhere in different stages of composition.
You can't move, you look down and only see bloody stumps in place of your legs, you pass out again.

You wake up in a run-down lab of sorts, your former legs have been replaced by robot stuff, a weird scientist guy tells you what happened.

Yadda yadda exposition bla bla bla, you find out that the world isn't actually perfect and the government has been brainwashing and killing people who see bad things happen, you try to go back to the city and tell your family that you're still alive but naturally the government is after you since you're a crazy cyborg mutant.
Later on you reach your house, but all pictures of you are gone, you try talking to your family members but they don't recognize you and are afraid of you, they call the cops and more chasing ensues.

Your next goal is to find out where the government stores all erased data and memories, typical existential crisis stuff happens to you and you slowly learn more about yourself and your memories that have been erased etc etc.

You guys really like ps1 grafix, huh.

I love your game famalam, just played the DD14 version now.
Nodev question: how do you get animations to work in your C++/SDL2 engine?

>shit-ass texture filtering
>low poly
>low res
how is it not ps2?

what about the gameplay

I'd heard that MSDN was solid, but holy fuck, I found exactly the sort of thing I was looking for almost immediately. Thanks for the nudge, user.

I'll check this out too.

Nah, going for Monogame. The whole point of this is that I'm tired of all the individual quirks and stupid shit in all the game engines, so I'm just going to do it myself. I know enginedev is a meme around here, but I'd rather go this route.
But if it turns out to be horribly painful, Unity is a decent fallback. At least the documentation is good.

>looking pretty good in game
really?

it's a passing out simulator.

Cyberpunk Thief

I do. There's a real lack of PS1-tier 3D games though.

voxels

>animations
Make a sprite class. Juggle textures, render pixels

I get excited just thinking about working on my game!

Glad to know somebody remembers me and cares. I didn't meant to worry anyone! Sorry for that!

When it comes to game - I'm going more to approach, where you start always with the same creature (that dies after some time, depending how well you treated it and how high is your tamer lvl), but it can evolve in mamy ways depending on how you raise it (what attacks you use, how much you feed it, what it eats etc.).
When it comes to enemies, defeating them will allow to better know them - learning their weights, fighting styles etc., so it will be easier to evolve your creature into specific monsters.
Generally it's going to be kinda like mix of Digimon World 1, Digimon World 2 (both are my childhood games) with a lot of my own ideas and other inspirations.

someone made over 8k$ for godot tutorials while people meme about it with no actual game

So you basically took that old arnie movie and added a little bit of portal 2 into it?

Certainly for hobby it's difficult to think of a worse way to make money. Interesting that learning to code is your suggestion for hobbyists.

Do you have any tutorials recommendations? The, uh, AGDG website's still under construction.

It's at 13k euros now.

>the documentation is good
Hell yeah it's good.

>a world where nothing bad happens
>yet something bad happens

It's like, the one thing we didn't want to happen.
youtube.com/watch?v=SRRw1ERj2Gc

see?

rockpapershotgun.com/2017/05/24/walkerman-released/

just be patient and email the journos every once in a while. they'll bite eventually if you believe in yourself 100%

PLEASE I WANT MORE INFO ON THIS! LINK?

Sounds reddit-tier af. It's the kind of shit that'd be on /r/writingprompts.

I convert from Blender to IQM (sauerbraten.org/iqm/) and follow traditional skeletal animation, which is getting a blend transformation matrix for a frame and multiplying it to all of a model's bones by following a joint hierarchy.

Good enough for me.

i don't recognize this video game

>it's your exact idea for a game
well thank goodness i was too lazy to do anything

You must be 18 or older to post on this site.

They do though, at least to a certain extent. Trying to do "oldschool" aesthetic thinking otherwise is how eyesores like Strafe are created.

I am 18

I have never played on a PS2 in my life

Not that user, but if you want to learn to code, I'd suggest starting with Codecademy's Python tutorial.

It's a good overview of basic concepts, and Python is a good place to start because it demands good formatting, which is something I see a lot of beginners fucking up on.

Complete that, and then either pick up GameMaker for 2D or Unity for 3D.

If the transition is rough, you can try learning JavaScript for GameMaker (the syntax and style is very very similar to GML), or C# for Unity. Codecademy has a decenr JavaScript course, but you'll probably want to get a decent book for C#. Google it and use your beat judgement.

Also, don't use UnityScript, it's shit.

But good luck, user. Remember to practice every single day, even if it's only a little. Doing it every day is the only way to get better.

>implying you're not 16 or 17

i never thought tutorials on kickstarter are actually a thing, i was amazed that it succeeded in record time

emulators don't count

No I'm actually explicitly saying I'm 18.

I only played on my gamecube so much because it was way cheaper to get one -- what with the Wii out, and everything.

It's the "I'll surely use this eventually!" effect.

strafe looks nice

the problem is the gameplay

>There are people under 21 who post on agdg
Explains a lot.

I need a place where only devs my age hang out at.

>my gf's little brother is 17
>has been able to drive for a year
>he was born after the PS2 came out
Makes me feel like an old man, god damn.

Any idea how long of a game you are aiming for?

I disagree. I feel like the artstyle really falls short as well. It's like it can't decide if it wants to be flat-coloured memepoly or proper, gritty oldschool.

How old are you m8?

Total noob question here, how do I make my enemies move in these patterns? Right now I'm just using sin and cos to move them in an ellipse.

youtube.com/watch?v=WYXVtQYzOxg

i was going for a psx-look. i was thinking of limiting the fps to 25 or under, i just don't want people to be to put off by the low framerate

Horror game set in an abandoned gold mine, probably gonna release for free

Wtf is up with the fps? It's painful to watch

>duh just use people
>shit fucking become perfect
>like make something probably

Do you need music ?

Hey guys, programmer looking for an artist here.

Hey guys, writer looking for programmer and also artist and musician probably here.

It's hard to tell at the moment. It all depends on how much fun doing it I will have, how much people will be interested in this and how time consuming this game will be to make it. I don't mind making it longer game, but I would rather do something shorter and more fun, than make it only boring grind.

you feel wrong, there's no memepoly, the textures have a fairly consistent style

Hey guys, hobo looking for spare change here.

Hey guys, cute girl(male) looking for a dev team.

"Writer" is only half a step up from "idea guy." Story is redundant in a game.

Hey guys, amnesiac looking for my lost memories here.

Hold up I thought the reason was saying I should learn2program was so I didn't need to use game maker.

how often do you wear panties?

This is what makes agdg really not worthwhile. Just saying. This is exhausting to read everyday and buries progress and it's not like there is great feedback or exposure here to begin with.

Toby Fox' massive cock sold a gabillion more games than whatever DEEP GAMEPLAY autism simulator with literally no story becuz it's bloat thing you made.

menu is almost ready and I've found a highlight pattern that works fine with text

Join the Discord if you want a shitpost free environment.