>Upcoming Invitationals:
N/A

>Upcoming VGL
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Veeky Forums_League_8#Important_Dates

>PES 17 Info:
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2017

Previously:
Gay stuff
Small market teams get killed, people laugh and moan in equal degree.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13063584
strawpoll.me/13063589
implyingrigged.info/wiki/Event_Calendar
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15pecbmAYNC3J-oclgl19qlEVq_doI2L59w_cekwtHEs/edit?usp=sharing
strawpoll.me/13063510
pastebin.com/ggQ390i5
youtube.com/watch?v=wy45wMOQARI
archive.nyafuu.org/w/thread/2000673/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PLEASE COMPLETE BOTH POLLS:

strawpoll.me/13063584

strawpoll.me/13063589

I am going to begin an unbiased graph over time of cup approval ratings.

BEPSI :DDDDD

offseason is koala season

>you don't want to see the spreadsheet it's boring

BIG MARKET POLL RESULTS WHEN

Can whoever does the OPs please start putting the event calendar in?

implyingrigged.info/wiki/Event_Calendar

death to /merit/
the throne belongs to /aesco/

THEY SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE A FUN ANNOUNCEMENT
THIS WAS NOT A FUN ANNOUNCEMENT

Thanks /merit/

t. /mlp/

You think you want it but you don't.

VGL8 this weekend woo hoo

Then why bring the culling now?
This is a gigantic clusterfuck, it could have been better to bring it BEFORE the fetus, hell we could have had a smaller fetus and avoid that 12/9 drama.

No, those were babby teams

Dunno why you're thanking us, we're creating /trash/ to keep you in the fetus

You are not out the fire yet.
T.planning to revive teams.

Survey results
N E V E R
E
V
E
R

Just fucking cull them then. What's the fucking point if they only start acting when you threaten them.
Also the size of the /w/ threads that you deem acceptable make it pretty clear that all you need to show interest is 5-6 bored friends who'd post a line or two, that you can literally write for them. There's no way any manager would be too dumb not to do this now that they know they're in danger of getting fucking axed.

DON'T
TOUCH
MY
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOARD

>we're creating /mlpproxy/
Based /merit/

As promised, I'll post the survey results. Some in form of screencaps, some in form of text because good luck with reading a pie chart that has 50+ options or answers that were squeezed by google form to fit on screen.
1/4

>in equal degree

btfo

Its fun unless you're a whiny small market babby.

>we're creating /trash/
THE FIRE RISES

objective superior cup schedule:

>Winter Cup - January
FREE SPACE - first two weeks of January
Tag Team Cup - last two weeks of February/first two weeks of March
>Spring Fetus - last two weeks of March (two weeks in case we get lots of teams)
>Spring Babby - April
Summer Veeky Forums League - last two weeks of May, first two weeks of June
FREE SPACE - last two weeks of June
>Summer Cup - July
FREE SPACE - first two weeks of August
Multinational Bowl - last two weeks of August/first two weeks of September
>Autumn Fetus - last two weeks of September
>Autumn Cup - October
Winter Veeky Forums League - last two weeks of November/ first two weeks of December
FREE SPACE - Last two weeks of December
repeat each year

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15pecbmAYNC3J-oclgl19qlEVq_doI2L59w_cekwtHEs/edit?usp=sharing

8 threads in 2 years, but /w/ is an ACTIVE board guys.

Can you fucking do it yourself? The last thread was past bump limit for like an hour before it was remade. Don't be a lazy bitch.

lemme guess, when you say summer teams you mean /h/?

Because we wanted to give every team a chance
If we'd done it pre-fetus, /trv/ would be dead (not a bad thing in the eyes of some people)
But Mauled got a good wakeup call and /trv/ actually got a good response this cup, enough to warrant being a liv team, something I'm more than glad with

Same goes with here, want to give them a chance.
The /w/ case is a weird one because they weren't on the watchlist but performed bad so could be caught in collateral or just monitored in Summer

No a much better schedule would be Elite Summer Cup, babby Winter Cup, no need for four fucking cups every year

strawpoll.me/13063510
BRING /w/ DOWN AS WELL

>We're creating /trash/
HOLD THE PHONE.
WILL /trash/ STILL BE THE PRISON FOR SHIT PLAYERS

Time to guess the Summer teams on the chopping block. I'll say /gd/, /h/ and /toy/ as the shock pick.

That devotion from the viewers.

Yeah, we need eight.

also, important reminder: This survey was run NOT to cull the teams, but to learn which teams are worth being kept on an autopilot life support in case of their last manager vanishing. Culling the teams is separate matter.

Agree with all those
Has /v/ had proof of interest recently?

This is what I don't understand. The decision to tie it so closely to threads posted sets a precedent of people spamming cup shit in boards it really doesn't belong.

Doesn't anyone consider there are people who rightfully don't want these thread on the boards?

This

But hey, if we're letting /p/ play, I'm not surprised that /merit/ let /w/ live

Not every team deserves a chance.

We knew this since the Boris days, but people were too busy shitposting.

And while I am glad that some teams are finally being cleared out, be really careful about conflicts of interest. You do understand why people are thinking Lear wanted to keep /w/ alive, right?

If there was even a whisper of /toy/ being on the chopping block, /m/ would bail them out.

This

/v/ has been making weekly threads with tons of posts, they're completely fine.

The current situation:
- /merit/ contacts 8 or 9 managers offline and tells them to shape up their board's support, or ship out.
- Some managers either really push for support like /trv/, or surprise /merit/ a la /soc/'s existing support
- Most managers don't. These teams are made "ded". Teams live or die based on whether managers go out of their way to get that support, or in some cases if they even bother to respond

The better path forward:
- /merit/ makes a clear post after the export deadline, but before the cup, making it clear that certain teams are "on notice' for the current cup.
- /merit/ watches those teams for active cup threads, and puts a higher standard of interest than they would for the average board thread to counter the LIFELONG crowd that would flock to keep those teams alive.
- Board fans (whether or not you want to meme about these boards having fans) have an opportunity to state their case for staying alive, and their board's life or death isn't determined by a manager that's only because of inertia.

I really REALLY don't mind the idea of /merit/ killing off truly dead boards. But could there have been a worse way to do it than "We're going to hope these managers, some of whom openly flaunt the "I'm just still managing because nobody's told me not to" attitude, suddenly step up and become real caretakers for their boards"?

Can you expand some of these options? It's hard to remember exactly what was in the survey

>highest "very important" percentages are for technical ability of streamer, aesthetics, and quality hype videos
Top lads on fucking suicide watch. Laughing for real. #WeNeedTony #WeNeedVed

The problem with that is that none of the elite teams would have a thread in the babbies. Need to wait till the build up to summer

And 4/4, along with what everyone was most curious about: team support:
pastebin.com/ggQ390i5
"Primary" support means that the board is the absolute favourite of the voter, "secondary" support are just all other teams that he/she supports.

Can we get a list of what those questions actually were? I don't remember which "I think that th..." response was which.

As long as an attempt is made, that's considered. The teams that were culled either shat the bed in even trying to get a response from their board or just went radio silent (/adv/)

>Not every team deserves a chance.
Kinda true, but some teams do, which is where the problem lies
/trv/ deserved a chance, because it wasn't a case of them being nofans, it was a case of them being unexposed to the cup due to Mauled being lazy until now

If I was in charge, the Summer reds would be already dead, but who knows if they get their chance to survive when it comes

If you don't want to release which summer teams are being watched for board interest so as to avoid influencing the result, why do you keep leaking that /w/ will be watched?

>The /w/ case is a weird one because they weren't on the watchlist
>based on the archived threads you linked in last thread
Those were fucking pathetic. Ignore the wallpaper dump and you'll have less than 10 posts per thread. Closer to like literally 5. And this is '''interest'''.

let's not forget that SDA actually raised interest from what it looks but lear said "WELL THAT DOESN'T COUNT"
this is 100% nitpicking no matter how you look at it.

Yes there's a worse way: No notice and going only by looking for threads.

>/toy/
Dude what

>Veeky Forums - 106
WOOOOOOO

I mean there's always a worse way.

Just pick team names out of a hat and ban them, why not?

Just because there's a worse way doesn't make this way good.

The reason /p/ was created, and stayed as a team was because /4ccg/ decided they had a new bandwagon
Posting the plan in /4ccg/ would have resulted in lifelong /t/ fans, don't be stupid user

Didn't even think of that, fuck
But yeah, because everyone is hounding us about /w/, needs some explanation I guess

>Because we wanted to give every team a chance
But before the fetus every team still had the same chance, remember that both babbies and fetus teams had to upload an export in the first deadline, that means they had to contact their respective board and get a roster update if necessary.
I mean you just said it otherwise /trv/ would be dead, and let's be honest, the only reason Mauled gave a fuck was because you guys gave him a final warning, otherwise it would have been the same old story.

>5 Primary Veeky Forums fans
>106 secondary

>the only reason Mauled gave a fuck was because you guys gave him a final warning
Correct, but the board /trv/ shouldn't be punished for Mauled's laziness
I'm just glad they're finally getting the attention they should have had years ago

>Mauled cares about /trv/ and finally makes threads despite being lazy so they stay
>Gerb doesn't care anymore and didn't bother with the cup so /c/ dies
I doubt /trv/ would have had threads if Mauled didn't make them himself. Why should /c/ die just because one guy didn't care and don't bother to tell anyone that he didn't care until the cup ended?

WHERE'S THE POST CUP ACCOLADES SURVEY

Sounds good at first, but if we publicly call some teams that they are "on watch", it can ignite nothing but two-sided falseflag war, with one side trying to flood the board with "fuck off" posts to kill it and another with "LIFELONG" posts to keep it alive out of spite. Not to mention that we don't want to lynch the managers in public if there is an area they can easily improve in after a little nudge. In this particular case, all warned managers knew the stakes very well and had almost two weeks to prepare, so it's not a backstab or anything.

They're a bit of a bandwagon team, I felt like putting a bit of a surprise in that post like /y/ were now.
Also if you're worried about Summer teams black them out and post the rest of them.

The cup may not be ded.

But it's ded to me now.

youtube.com/watch?v=wy45wMOQARI

;_;7

>I like the broad spectrum of boards represented. - 226
>still removing boards

good job assholes

>Didn't even think of that
/merit/ in a nutshell.

But seriously, first /w/ gets a pass despite their threads being barren wastelands, and now it's leaked multiple times that they're being watched so that an army of LIFELONG /w/ fans can save them? This couldn't have been handled more incompetently. Of course people will suspect corruption.

I don't care about the teams being culled. I'm talking about the people who use these boards but don't give two shits about the cup, but have to deal with some fucks posting off topic threads about some videogame tournament so a team can exist.

I realize these threads are a tiny drop in the ocean for most boards, but it doesn't sit right with me that the leaders of this event are saying fuck the site rules, you have to do this.

>Correct, but the board /trv/ shouldn't be punished for Mauled's laziness
We already had this discussion before with some of the pre-cull dead teams, lack of interest is lack of interest, whether a manager cares or not.

Are you going to post the freeform suggestions?

wording this please don't have VGL and 4CC so close thanks

the poll better be a perfect 50%

>why do you keep leaking that /w/ will be watched?
Lear did it constantly in First Bait.

PLEASE COMPLETE BOTH POLLS:

strawpoll.me/13063584
strawpoll.me/13063589

Poll closes in 30 minutes. Another will be done in about a week.

Full answers are in that pastebin I've posted in 4/4. Sorry, Google forms just do that and you have to highlight them one by one to read them otherwise.

/trash/ team when lads?

I made it clear that as soon as you bring up that the team would be "on notice', you'd watch for more interest coming from those "Lifelong" types. Literally in my second point. I suppose that would require you to change what I assume is a hard /merit/ "Four posts is enough!" rule, though, so I can't blame you.

>all warned managers knew the stakes very well
Who knew from the boards? If these guys are accused of not posting threads on their boards at all (even ones that are getting deleted), what say did the fans of those teams have, if any?

Basically, you're dooming people to never getting to see their board participate because the guy on top was lazy. I like the 'autopilot' idea, but who's reaching out to these boards? You guys?

Right but they had a small but active thread every matchday after he was given a warning and some posters have made suggestions for the future.
I think that proves they have enough of a fanbase

I think we can all agree that those culls are being handled in a stupid manner and should be put on hold for now.

>reddit spacing

There is absolutely no reasonable reason not to show it.

Really makes you think.
>can't show you the spreadsheet, guys, we don't want the watchlist teams to generate fake support to save their asses
>except /w/, you can know about them, sure hope nobody distorts the results for them

Agreed. But maybe it's what Lear wanted all along? To light a fire under the asses of a few people?

Just kidding, Lear wanted to DELET just enough teams to get /w/ in. I'm not naive.

What? Veeky Forums, /u/, and Veeky Forums are great compromise choices. Who wouldn't like them? Pretty much just mean old Johnny.

this, I want to read through all 300 shitposts, and see if anyone had any particularly spicy cup opinions

Actuall fuck, let me help you out. Goat's own posts don't count for obvious reasons:

March 16 thread: 6 replies
May 16 thread: 0 replies (zero). This was a Spring 16 matchday thread. Nobody responded.
August 16 thread: 2 replies. This was a Summer 16 matchday thread.
September 16 thread: 6 replies
Oct 16 thread: 6 replies. There's also at least one person from /4ccg/ making fun of /w/ for not having fans. No wonder.
Feb 17 thread: 0 replies. The only response is from some /4ccg/ person making fun of /w/ again. This is a Winter 17 matchday thread.
March 17 thread: 3 replies

8 threads. 23 posts. Less than 4 per thread. Hard to say how many of these were from different people, if any.
This is your '''interest'''.

Should have been done pre or post summer.
Doing it post-spring was just asking for accusations of rigging
Example: /w/

Then that counts as the board users rejecting the team, and the team dying.

/trv/ showed interest, /c/ didn't
/c/ can return in Autumn as an Autopilot if they truly have interest and can prove it, it's not the end of the world for them

I completely understand, I was hoping /w/ wouldn't end up where they did, but they did so of course everyone raised their pitchforks

Yeah but they don't have a lack of interest, they were just unexposed to the cup so obviously couldn't have interest until now
/out/ and /p/ were put to the same test but failed, but /trv/ didn't so they survived

archive.nyafuu.org/w/thread/2000673/

So all you need to do is post a thread and bump it yourself for 15 days, and you have enough interest to stay in the cup. Simple.

Please add /vip/

my problem with this is if the cup should is about the fans and not the managers then a board shouldnt be punished for a retarded manager, which seems to be the case with /c/

suspend the manager, make the team autopilot, but dont fucking kill it because the didnt make an effort

nice, will save everyone after Summer

Hmm, that is pretty bad. I wasn't in charge of dealing with /w/'s part so I didn't realize it was that bad
I just remember a thread back when Lear managed that had a bigger response than all those combined

I'll bring it up in /merit/ to discuss

Boosting this. Explain yourself, Lear.

It's probably 100% going to Autopilot in Autumn. The survey results reflect that.

Gather up a few people, have them strategically space out their replies so they don't look like they're brigading the thread, and there's your 'board interest'.