/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

NTR Screenshots edition

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp
-RECENT NEWS-
Current titlekey website links:
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 25] Some 3DS users have received LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play, use of the Friend List, the YouTube, Hulu and Netflix programs, Pokémon Bank and Project Kaeru. Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works. There's no known correlation between the bans at the moment.
You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (download link and guide in the Pastebin), but be aware it's eventually going to be banned.
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
Note that 11.4 (latest) at the moment still needs either a hardmod or a specific legitimately obtained DSiWare game and an already modded 3DS.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
[May 12] NTR 3.5 has been released, adds support for streaming from 11.4. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.2

>Vita
[May 25] Adrenaline 4.1 released. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=37025734
msys2.org/
github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases/latest
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/latest
twitter.com/AnonBabble

YOSHITATSU SOLD US OUT

please, any news on henkaku for 3.65???

Looks like people are being banned again. I hope no one here went online with their 3ds today.

>tfw afraid to update to b9s because you're afraid thats whats causing the bans

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

It's not. Take your time to read previous posts.

Source? I've definitely not seen that at ALL. The public seed is still online, too.

The Katawa Shoujo theme so fucking nice. Just wish the BGM didn't make tear up.

Spotted this last thread and forgot to mention. Thanks.

Thanks user share any more you make

>friendly reminder that TTSUO

Thanks, user, I will. I'm saddened that there's no place to upload them too for easy access. Fireden is available for now, but it's not exactly the first place for people to check.

Trying to move vitashell over filezilla but I keep getting an error

Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Bryant\Downloads\VitaShell.vpk
Command: CWD /ux0:
Response: 250 Requested file action okay, completed.
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/ux0:/" is the current directory.
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Okay
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,152,217,174)
Command: STOR VitaShell.vpk
Response: 550 File not found.
Error: Critical file transfer error

What about a mediafire folder?

Aurora's boyfriend here.

I noticed you people being a L I T T L E too mean to my princess and I would kindly ask you to switch to some different and more respectable stance when mentioning her.

She has worked REALLY HARD for everyone's sake and brought you great joys - all for WHAT : meanness. Yes, you people, or should I say R A T S from Veeky Forums have nothing but meanness in your hearts. You cannot love, you cannot respect, you cannot feel grateful. No no no, only HATE.

Do you realize she's told all the insanities you R A T S are constantly spouting? Do you think I shall stand here and shut my mouth? Go ON and continue your little CIRCLE and I will shut you DOWN.

Source?

artist of your theme?

>boyfriend
>lesbian

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=37025734

It's in the download, user thought of everything

Perhaps, but if I get taken down, with lolis it's possible, then every things' gone.

It's in the Readme inside the actual theme .ZIP.

>user thought of everything
As an autistic lolicon myself I can relate. I love keeping everything organized myself.

tranny totally sold us out? pic related was captcha

You can have a mediafire folder/zip you share for here and have a backup somewhere else/on your comp/usb

thanks

Make a mega account.

By the way, is anybody verifying the files with gpg and hashing? I'm just curious if any of you actually care. (I do which is why I put it in there.)

Right. How does a pastebin and gist with a bunch of mirrors per theme sound?

source? i was about to hack my o3ds with b9s and then the banwave happened.
should i do it anyway and stay offline or is still dangerous right now?

Sounds good. A preview image would be good, too.

going online with a cfw installed will always be dangerous, thats the part most people wont aknowledge

Well I'm banned. Now what?

b9s + luma is a honeypot

Insert public seed into your anus

now you unban yourself using a public seed

? Were you banned yesterday as well or did it happen today?

see
and ignore
at this point: consider it a risk. do you care about online little enough to risk losing it for the entire library of 3ds games?

>Invite Mii characters you meet in other games to your plaza?

Do they mean online? Or just random Mii characters you meet offline?
Should I enable or not?

Yeah, I'll add those in too. I wonder if it's a possibility we can get a theme pastebin in the OP that links to other anons' pastebins full of themes. Mainly for stuff that can't be hosted on 3dsthem.es

>install latest hourly luma update
>3ds no longer boots

pls help

Went online three times today and haven't been banned yet.

THE TRANNY SOLD YOU OUT

What do you guys think of this?

Hourly doesn't work on this build. Check the FAQ.

It's bullshit. That's not how the seed works.

Not sure, I checked once or twice a few days ago and wasn't banned, but when I checked today I was.
If the only detriment is not being able to play games online then I guess it's not a big deal. I assume unbanning yourself with this seed thing is pretty easy too?

Daily reminder that you can get rid of your ban by changing your serial number with a hex editor

You don't seem to understand. You could be banned even if you NEVER played pirated games online and only played legit games online, if you believe what people have posted. Simply having cfw seems to be enough to get flagged at this point in time.

Unbanning yourself is trivial as long as there is a public seed currently available, though.

If someone here tries it and catalogues it, I'll believe it.

where the hell do I get undub cia files, besides 3dsiso?

>verifying the files with gpg and hashing
It's a fucking theme

0121 is a different error code, the cfw bans nets you a 0102.
So maybe it works, but it's not relevant.

Good reading on the thread.

i dont even know you

>3 minutes apart

oh wow im so sorry i dont read the thread ;_; pls forgive me DD:::

Themes can execute arbitrary code.

i have 2 3ds switched to b9s and another 2 still on a9lh, the 2 that switched to b9s were banned immediately after the banwave while the 2 on a9lh still havent been banned yet

>Check the FAQ
What FAQ are you talking about?

Also I forgot to mention that I just installed b9s if that makes any difference.

That's a different error code, I thought they didn't use it anymore.

I know how to check hashes, if you're afraid people end up doing nasty stuff feel free to add them in your pastebin. Add a tutorial for this too for those interested.

You're still writing it to system files. This is to ensure nothing's corrupted, and that no third party can exploit any issues that themes might pose to the homebrew that applies to the theme and the system itself.

Not him but I am also considering hacking my o3ds too. I don't care if I get banned because I'm already burnt out with MH but my concern is if it is safe to do. I won't fuck up the process as long as I follow the guide right?

dumbass

Oops,meant for

What do you think about the guide I made in the Readme for the outer .ZIP file? It tells you what commands you need to run to verify the files with gpg and hashing.

I keep telling you, activity log is NOT sending the info you think, nor is spotpass or friends list
Someone told nintendo what boot9 hacks yes, even a9lh do; they implemented it roughly a month ago
If you went online since then, you're probably flagged for ban or banned already

N3DS here (the process is a bit longer for O3DS I think) but I was also very anxious about it and everything went smoothly. The last b9s update to the guide really dumb downed the whole process. With that said you should always expect the possibility, even extremely little, that something can go wrong.

Yeah looks good, something like that.

So I guess today is the day to see if more bans happen, god speed anons ):

TRANNY LIED, 3DS DIED

Prove it. Even emuNAND users were banned.

doesnt matter i still love you user-kum

Speaking of pastebins that'd be great to have a list of the games with how many blocks they take on a flashcard. Personally I have a 64GB so I'm not too concerned but for those with less space this could be useful. I'm ready to contribute.

Perhaps it already exists somewhere though.

Remember anons: you can never be too careful with your data. Always verify any files you download.

>Yeah looks good, something like that.
Alright, cool. I'll flesh it out some more for the next theme.

>inb4 you hacked us all with your loli theme.

how would I got about verifying files?

Ah,I guess I'll still go and hack it. Hopefully,nothing will go wrong.

Just make sure to not miss any step or consign in there. If you're confused about anything ask here.

/gbh/-chan, daisuki~

Thanks,will do!

Please respond.

I've been googling this problem nonstop for over an hour.

>Someone told nintendo what boot9 hacks yes, even a9lh do
yeah its called 3dbrew and github which are publicly accessible

Install the stable release you retard
It's called "stable" for a reason

Generally if the person or website providing the files is somewhat competent, they'll give you a file hash. If they're actually competent they'll also sign the hash. (It's a way to guarantee that the has his legitimate; of course this is only valid if you trust them. Security is all about trust.) Anyway, first you verify the hash via a program like gpg. Then you hash the copy of the file you downloaded and compare your hash with the one you just verified. If they're equivalent, then the file is not corrupted and hasn't been tampered with by another party. Luckily for hashing files, there are quite a few programs that automate like sha256sum and its variants. On Windows, you don't have gpg or the hashing programs natively. But you can grab them easily by going to msys2.org/ and downloading MSYS2. This will give you a non-shit (but not great) terminal emulator with access to a bunch of unix and linux programs including, but not limited to, gpg and and the hashing programs.

what is b9s and why should i care to switch?

dunno what FAQ but the release page github.com/KunoichiZ/lumaupdate/releases/latest has a hugeass note at the top

manually install this instead github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/latest

I'd also like to note this is not the only way to verify files, but it's one of the best and most common ways to do it.

>this meme again

its an entrypoint that finishes executing before the module that a9lh exploits is even invoked during 3DS boot sequence

switching takes like 5 minutes and if you didn't install a9lh within the last ~2 months you gain the benefit of being able to boot CFW with or without SD. older a9lh installations required a certain file to be on the SD to boot at all

A git repository might be better. This way you can have people easily make requests to add stuff to the list, and you can easily add them.

Here's the biggest chunk of info I can share from the dev who's been talking with me
We all know who reported the info and _he documents stuff at 3dbrew so you're not incorrect ;^)

So when did the bans start? Yesterday?

Command Prompt is actually pretty good on Windows 10

It can even retroactively resize lines when changing window size, which is something I've never seen in a Linux terminal emulator.

Hey guys, has anyone considered if injecting FBI into the Health and Safety app might've been what has caused the bans?

That worked. I'm paranoid I'm going to fuck something up permanently if no one's holding my hand thorough this shit. Thanks.

True. And they have bash now too. Do you know if it natively comes with gpg and sha1/256/512sum? I want to make my guide as easy as possible.

>date is literally in the OP
>"So when did the bans start?"

Trying to move vitashell over filezilla but I keep getting an error

Status: Starting upload of C:\Users\Bryant\Downloads\VitaShell.vpk
Command: CWD /ux0:
Response: 250 Requested file action okay, completed.
Command: PWD
Response: 257 "/ux0:/" is the current directory.
Command: TYPE I
Response: 200 Okay
Command: PASV
Response: 227 Entering Passive Mode (192,168,1,152,217,174)
Command: STOR VitaShell.vpk
Response: 550 File not found.
Error: Critical file transfer error

When did the band start user ?

So how do I safely get off this a9lh/boot9 timebomb?

This is SEVERE autism. 99% of people aren't ever going to have to bother with anything like this because 99% of the time it's not necessary.

What band? Fallout Boy? Green Day? Look it up on wikipedia silly!