First bike suggestions

>>be me, 16
>>like leather jackets and denim
>>gf thinks bikers are attractive
>>have an interest in motorcycles since 12 but discouraged by EMS mom

So, Veeky Forums what's a good first bike, preferably cruiser or something good for a cafe racer project. Hopefully under $5000

Yamaha v star 650

Something under 300cc so you live to see your 18th birthday.

Cafe racers are something you build to look at, not ride.
Also you are stupid if you think they are built from cruisers.

Honda Rebel 250

suggest you ride one of these friendo

OP don't fall for the leather and denim biker meme please. You're going to look like a dweeb.
Cafe's aren't made from cruisers.
If you get a cruiser you go bobber or chopper.

That's straight up fucking stupid.
Cafe racers are not built to look at it.
You build them because you want that cafe look and then to ride them like any other bike.

indian scout

Cruiser:
Vstar 650
Shadow 750
Rebel 500
Or similar

Cafe:
Basically any UJM 500cc and under will be a suitable base

Not being a massive faggot that sucks cock options:
SV650
CB500f
CBR500r
R3
NC700 or 750
Versus 300x
Ninja 500r
CRF250L
Anything else you can think of with less than 60hp that isn't a cafe racer or won't be turned into one.

Also cafe racers are made from almost exclusively with UJMs, not cruisers, although exceptions do exist.

Though the best option above all else is a turbobusa.

>like leather jackets and denim
You might be gay.

Yamaha SR500
Yamaha XS400
Yamaha TW225

Hey man. Allow me to give u a word if advice. I grew up without my dad cos ge got killed in a bike accident. Suffice to say that fucked up our entire family real good.
At 19 i still went ahead and did my bike license. I spent my time in the military driving big bikes and did proffessional riding couraes from the beat in the country and still managed to almost get myself killed a few times. I had people i know mortally wounded from just riding a street bike in a straight line (talking about ppl wgo rode superbikes before that) just cps they hit a small puddle.

Listen to your mom, even though its not scary riding one its quite dangerous. Almoat every biker has friends he can tell you about that godlt killed.
Dont do that shit just to make your gf wetter, she doesnt know shit about this topic.
Every small fall or accident reaaults in much greater injuries.
Anyone telling otherwise has either never rode a bike or he's lying his ass off. Ive been where u are and i got lucky, others i knew didnt.

Also, not saying you should give a fuck about how your mom feels, i didnt and it caused her hell. Expect the same thing from your mom.

You're a massive pussy.
I started riding young, haven't crashed.
If you didnt suck so bad you wouldn't be scared to ride.

But you should get into riding because you want to, not because some girl that you aren't going to be with in the next 3months.

This. Crashes are almost never the fault of the rider but rather other drivers or road hazards.

Everyone who has ever been on a bike can tell you how stupid it is. At least wait until you have accomplished something in life before you buy a bike

1: Figure out exactly what type of bike you want
2: Look for used bikes that need some of that sweet sweet lovin (elbowgrease)
3: Do a complete disassembly, engine and everything.
4: Get/repair parts and put it back together

>tfw no Indian Scout 101

Honda rebel. First bike and great to learn and get to work/school. Invest in some saddle bags

Most crashes are fault of the driver of the motorcycle. I love the guys that are like that car pulled out in front of me in a 20mph city speed limit while I was doing 65, totally their fault. Most bikers don't take responsibility for their contribution in an accident.

wr125

>have an interest in motorcycles since 12 but discouraged by EMS mom
With good reason
>denim
Fuck off
>Gf
Fuck off

i'm trying to find a cheap HD sportster for my first bike, but there's a nice Goldwing for cheap too that I might get instead.

I'm 6'4 and 200 lbs, though. So, I don't hink some sissy nighthawk is going to cut it.

What a nice anecdote fag

just do it like the other user from /dbt/ and buy a vmax without knowing what it is
Worked for him, might work for you

Notice I said "cruisers or something good for a cafe racer project." Not "a good cruiser for a cafe project"

>06 honda rebel
>1900 miles
>$1800

should I buy or am I faggot?

>So, Veeky Forums what's a good first bike
Pic related

>I spent my time in the military driving big bikes

automatic diesel dirt bikes are "Big Bikes"?

I don't think riding is that dangerous if you are careful and defensive but then I don't live in america where no one can drive properly.

GS500

drz 400 is good
wr250x
probably a lot of others like a ninja 250

>16
>a cafe racer project.

Go fuck your self, enjoy your ban

fuck off cafe cuck

i dont get it...

so this nigga was born in 2001?

Cafe racers are cancer, get an SV650.