Been lovin' on this new qt3.14 and last weekend backed into driveway 2fast2furious and did this to her bumper...

Been lovin' on this new qt3.14 and last weekend backed into driveway 2fast2furious and did this to her bumper. Can I fix myself?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J79uO_H0kzo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, look on yelp for dent repair, most of that ain't damage will come out with rubbing compound

Might take a hell of a lot to actually push that dent out. You could clear up some of the minor scratches, but theres extensive deep paint removal there. That'll end up rusting if its not reshot.
Ya goofed, pal.

I work in auto i have a lot of mechanic friends i sell them the parts but i might still be lookin at $200+ and was just wondering with a puller and some bondo and the correct paint if i could make shit happen myself

I hope you can fuck better than you can drive. Otherwise you ain't keepin' her

No, get someone that knows what they're doing, let them remove dent. Then you can buff away most damage then hit it with touch up pen

thats plastic you idiot

Op that loos like a plastic bumper, please confirm. If it is you can probably just heat it up and pop it out from the backside, then try to address the paint.

buy a new paint matched bumper and re install it yourself
literaly everything affected is plastic.

buff scratches on chrome tail light piece and try to wipe scratch from tail laight

youtube.com/watch?v=J79uO_H0kzo

>buy new bumper
this is like a 2012 Legacy or some shit i feel like a bumper would be more $ than repair

That video was dope, I think I might try to fix it myself now just for fun. Doesn't it hurt touching hot metal with your bare hand though? Like, when I'm trying to push the dent outward from the inside, I'm not going to burn my hand...?

its a 2009.
a paint matched bumper might run about 500$
or go on ebay and get a paint matched bumper for 350$ i just think this guy will do more harm then good trying to fix himself

You can see the rebar being pushed into the bumper. Take off the bumper, look at the absorber. Absorber probably cracked. Rebar probably bent. If so you got a bigger problem on your hand. Do a shady bumper repair and ignore the rest, then your lady gets in a car accident and she gets hurt because her car has structural failure form previous accident caused by you that you said you fixed? You're fucked. Insurance companies send appraisers and people who know the car and they see it failed in spots where it wasn't meant to. Your ass is on the line.

You fucked up, show the effort to fix it. Make sure there's no sensors behind there, can't remember on Subs, but I know some eruo cars have back up and lane departure sensors in that area.

Bumper likely won't pop out like other people are suggesting by using hot water. If it does you'll have a lot of spider cracks and probably a tear. Hope you have a plastic welder.

Just bring it to a shop and pay for it. Show you will own up to your mistakes and you're able accept responsibility. I know its tempting to be super man but let someone elses ass be on the line.

>Doesn't it hurt touching hot metal with your bare hand though
ITS PLASTIC
and yes it can sometimes get hot

>hot metal
not a problem when your bumper is plastic bro

also, just put some gloves on if you're worried

>shitty basic picture
>"its a 2009"
Damn you guys are good

bumper is plastic not metal.

So pretty much from all the feedback so far it seems like the /boilingwatertrick/ and a paint pen MIGHT work out, or I'm fucked and will have to drop about treefiddy

im a subaru mechanic i have to be good.

Whats your opinion on the EJ208 TT?

>EJ208 TT
sleeper as fuck.
if you have the money put it in a forester
im american i dont deal with european/japanes motors like that since we never got it.

Looking at importing a 4d legacy sedan that comes with it. Pretty mint. One guy told me they will randomly just throw a rod once they're above 150k kms. But everyone else seems to say nothing but good things. Not too sure what to think, I'm undecided. Thanks for the review

>One guy told me they will randomly just throw a rod once they're above 150k kms.
probably bad oiling issues since they all have that problem plus the fact is high compression as fuck.
i have seen many Ej25s throw rods and spin rod bearing at work all under 40k miles. not sure what that is in kms but im talking about the 2014 sti/wrx and below.
i would get it and baby it you dont know what the previous owner did to it

Thanks. Any advice on what to ask the guys to test for? Going to ask for a compression test, but as far as that I'm not too sure what to look for.

>crashing
kys

he was trying to, he just went the wrong way.

Bruh I been driving for eight years and this is my first incident go easy. I'm a slowfreak I dont even go over the speed limit, cars kill a lot of people. I just had too much xan and booze the night before so I was probably still twisty that morning and qt3.14 and her hot friends were smoking outside and I was distracted and... shit happens man

Unusual sounds, head gasket leaks, can lobe leakes when was the timing belt changed, shit like that.