Cold Air Intake vs Short Ram

What if I ram the cold air into my intake that is directly connected the maf? Wouldnt that be the best of both worlds?

The reason for this is to lower the risk of hydrolock/fucking up the filter and more HP gains since cold air + short ram air setup is better for airflow according to some dynos

you need an inline filter. look at this pic and add one to your drawing.

the canister has the round cone filter in it.

Thats pretty much what I was drawing!

But some say you dont need CAI since the air will be cold when you're driving unless you have unlucky design where the radiator blows on the short ram.

Also smooth pipes are better apparently since air flows faster

God damn pointless solving things like this since it will only be a difference of 2-5 percent Ram vs CAI

if you dont use a smooth tube you can make the difference up in using a larger diameter than otherwise needed.

its not a big deal, there are reducers easily available.

Smooth pipes are better, make your car a bit louder too. Most cars these days already have a factory cold air intake

On my Boxster all I did was replace the factory baffled pipe with a pair of 90 degree elbows and some PVC pipe cut to length and wrapped with AC insulation
The MAF sensor was left alone with the factory air box which draws in air from the side of the car

Yes they take in cold air but 90% time theyre restrictive. At least cai/ram improves hp on dynos by quite a bit (some see over 20hp gains)

>"Time to look at all of my plastic covers"

You know you can take the plastic covers off right. They're there for a reason.

what
stock air boxes just like intercoolers are more than plenty
they're way better than a fucking cone filter.
what?
So you replaced an precision engineered stock system for a sportscar built by company that only makes its money making sportscars with some 90 degree PVC tubes and tape?
I'd like to see some fucking dyno gains

Both of you underestimate the fuck out of air

Youtube is full of dyno proof, check mcm NA cai vid. Honestly you sound retarded, you should realise carcompanies dont design air on regular cars for performance but economy

>way better than a cone filter
>this has been proven wrong hundreds of times
The stock box isn't there to keep performance or compete with a CAI/RAM. It's only purpose is to fucking lower engine noise.

stop being a faggot. the stock air intake is good enough.

Found the salty bus rider

What you need is a Direct Exhaust Injection intake system

I don't ride a bus faggot and I have a v8 too. And I spent almost 200 bucks replacing my broken oem air intake for another oem one.

>not just going to a junk yard
Literal cuck

>ram air
doesn't that only work at REALLY high speeds, like 100mph+?

Heat soak?

>implying there are any of my car in the junkyard that don't have the same stripped plastic

Usually shortram is for torque and safety like CAI is for high rpm gains.

But most newer cars they cause more problems then gains. On Honda forums for my Accord most people put the stock airbox back in.

Dunno about this, most tests show ram air being good at top speeds yes but dont really know when the effect is noticeable. Theres been like 5-10mph difference in top speed with ram air

Honda is one of the godlike companies designing airboxes they build NA engines, but even there cais have been dynonproven to be better

My stock airbox is literally mounted on the valvecover so it gets very warm during driving. Is it worth replacing it with a cai?

Its always worth replacing na cars filters, just for the nice induction sound. Filters are under 15$ for a regular sri

I didn't think ram-air intakes worked unless you could remove the turbulence from the air that is getting rammed in. Also I thought that the engine vacuum was stronger than any rammed air could be