So my brother just had his oil changed at valvoline and the mongoloids there recorded his mileage as 55...

So my brother just had his oil changed at valvoline and the mongoloids there recorded his mileage as 55,xxx miles instead of 50,5xx miles. problem is
>idiots at the insurance company may interpret this as him not being low mileage
>if he needs an inspection before or shortly after 55,000 miles, CARFAX is probably going to interpret it as an odometer rollback

Is this the type of shit you can correct or is he just fucked? Or should he document it with the DMV or something?

>not changing oil yourself
what kind of faggot is he

Seriously though, just call your insurance and tell them there was a mistake when it was recorded and send them proof of the odometer being at 50 500. Of all the phone calls to my insurance has been fantastic so far, so as long as you remain honest with them they'll fix it.

Valvoline doesn't take your VIN stupid.

you're an idiot

It's not a big deal. You see mileage discrepancies on carfaxes all the time. Usually it's just one record that stands out because the mileage is reported correctly the next time. Stop being a faggot and do it yourself.

As I said in OP, it's my brother who got the oil changed, I buy the filter on Amazon and oil from Costco when I do it.

Your both gay
Also good job covering up the mileage faggot.

I already said in the OP that they mis-recorded a 50,5XX mileage as 55,xxx, so I don't think my redaction job is really relevant.

Your lying otherwise it wouldn't matter if you left it on

Why would you even redact the mileage in the first place

Because I don't need some asshole tripfag working at valvoline to dox my brother

What did he mean by this

It means he's not a total retard and realises that there are more records of a car with 55k miles than with 55,158 miles.
But what he didn't think out was that he left in his make and date.
If someone has access to these records they could still find it relatively easily.

I mean, what kind of self-centered dingus thinks we give that much of a shit?

are you new

>buying car
>55k miles
>check out car
>55,158 miles
>Loose my shit and call the cops

how new are you, really

Been here all summer

Missing the point, frogposter.

If you were looking to buy a car and the odometer mileage on the vehicle history report was 55,000 on October 1st 2017 and 52,000 on Jan 1st 2018, that wouldn't give you cause for concern?

>let's just increase the number by a few hundred percent

buyers will pay extra for a time traveler

Not sure what your point is.

Per the OP, my brother's car actual odomometer mileage is somewhere between 50,000 and 59,999 miles.

The dipshit at Valvoline recorded it at somewhere between 55,000 and 55,999 miles, or a difference of approximately 5,000 miles.

He does not drive substantial distances regularly or occasionally, and it is very likely that the next odometer reading will fall below the mistaken mileage.

Do you get the point now?

>$112 for an oil change

Good fucking God.

meant as a reply to where does the flux capacitor go user

I cut off the part with the discount because it contained identifying info. He had a $10 off coupon. I told him he was a moron for letting them con him into changing the engine air filter.

You and your brother are of the same fucking stock, so you both are fucking idiots.

Cool story bro, enjoy the taste of your dad's dick.