/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>one piece edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:
>Thread Music
youtube.com/watch?v=4PdDI2swEaw&t=2567s&list=PLfnwgEwZIOv4Qik5Q585dFOsAj7-5NHIP&index=21
youtube.com/watch?v=O_YEpuyyhPc

>Camera Setup
youtube.com/watch?v=_VdpBKH_5lw
youtube.com/watch?v=hvxzUKi2C9E

>It's to die for
youtu.be/8NiJoZadQI4

>Kill-switch
youtube.com/watch?v=CUX0m6LoZcA

>RCR Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=kFZfqgHBwo4

>user's problem
youtube.com/watch?v=6phqpactxUc

>Shingu's Civic
youtu.be/oWtBdAy0PPU

>Veeky Forums vid
youtu.be/cgH2FTFM2iM

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MH32Cseo928
youtube.com/watch?v=mpMg1upld0w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>How does the collage work?
See pic related.

got the head swapped today

That's lookin pretty.

Got started on the Si seat mods today. They use some weird rounded triangle shaped nuts on the rear brackets but we got them off. Buddy had a pair of spare EG seats so we cut the brackets off that and will bolt them to the Si seats. Door side of the passenger seat is done and it's already a bit lower than the stock height. Gonna need some flat stock steel to mount the other side but it should be all good after that. Might use some more flat stock to move the seat further toward the center. The lever to adjust the back of the seat is still very close to the door.

Also took a ride in the red coupe he's most likely selling to my co-worker. For a car with almost 200k miles, it pulls hard as fuck with the D16Z6. Only things wrong with it is the broken speedo and power steering. Hope he gets the money to buy it. Could also use a lift. That eBay suspension is rough as hell compared to my Koni/GCs.

Since the prelude is fixed I was working on the KA24E from a 1990 Nissan 240sx

got the pistons back in the block, and some of the timing chain equip. I'm missing a small part somewhere and can't find it so I ordered a new one as well as an oil pump because the one on it is from 1990.

The prelude is running quite well, and it's only a matter of time before I turn the key on the 700 dollar 240sx and hope to hear the ecstasy of it first turning on

Lots of work being done, and my main job is nothing related to cars.

cont.

and yes it's a living room engine rebuild ^^

I don't own a house either, p young at 21. I'm gonna swap a 2JZ-GTE into the S13 I bought after ensuring the stock engine runs fine.

why bother ensuring stock runs fine then.

Saw this Prelude Si at the store, thing's probably worth big money.

youtube.com/watch?v=MH32Cseo928

Android, stahp.

RIIIIIIIIIICE.

How hard would it be to return a car like this to near-stock state?

These people only do superficial shit, r-right?

It's kind of a total loss if you wanted to get a paint color that isn't flamboyant and done right along with sourcing wheels and paneling.

well you could just keep some shit and try to make everything stick out less. spoiler, light and front bumper must go.

I guess that's doable, but you better have gotten the riced lude for cheap, it's not even a super rare car.

true. really if it was bought cheap you could try to sell off that shit and maybe the stock stuff would counteract in what you spent vs what you gained in somewhat when restoring it.

10 bucks says he's a Mexican.

Auto repair shops still cannot find the issue with the Kia's starter because it only happens when I'm starting the car for the first time.

Regardless, I had them change my oil and the oil light no longer comes on.

hat does Veeky Forums think about euro Accord CC7 (Ascot Innova)?

No opinion, since they're not found in America.

Oil light is from low oil level

It's caused by low oil pressure, which can be from low oil, a failing oil pump, or a bad/old oil filter.

A faulty oil pressure sensor can also trigger an oil light.

It's actually from low pressure, I once almost shat myself in the NF when the level was low and It flashed while I was driving down a ramp.

>i'm 12 and this is my k24/k20

kek, I accidentally put a big scratch in the valve cover. I said fuck it and went with it, tried to get creative and ended up with this weathered looking cover. Used some of my brothers air tools to get a shiny finish on the manifold and a few other parts. Can't make up my mind about whether this looks cool or if that's just my 12 year old self talking. Probably just end up going with a new k20 valve cover and going for an oem style look.

forgot pic

I kinda like the beat up engine look, but that's nothing a little black rustoleum can't fix, we spray our meat racks at work with it and it's somewhat smooth when it dries.

Nice turbo

If you really want to fix it, take the cover off and have it sand-blasted.
If you want to keep it that way I'd probably clear coat it to make it look shiny, although I'm not sure if clearcoat is supposed to be used on high temp metals.

I forgot to mention I ended up stuck in traffic for three hours, yesterday, because a semi flipped over and spilled a shitload of corn on the interstate.

As I was driving back home, that night, I discovered how enjoyable the Kia was at slaloming around traffic at 95 mph.

Broke my shifter off at the threads taking off from a stoplight yesterday lol

Hory shet

Is that the OEM shifter?

I'm gonna be a race car for a bit. Dropped off my Si seats so my buddy can mod em to fit better in the car. I forgot how low the Sols are.

Give this nihga a raise for making space for thicc warmer bags.

Hell yeah nihga.

Nah it was a cheap 2 bend from eBay only about 30 bucks shipped. I've got a blox on the way though.

Noice. Mine already had a B&M so I don't really know what the stock feels like.

I'll be sure to avoid eBay shifters. Kek

it's a t66 with nitrous injection

Post mileages

It was made by Spectre and the only place I've ever seen Spectre sold at is Advance lol

The old shifter was definitely stick at least I think? It was missing the bushings that go on either side of the ball at the end so it was like shifting a flaccid penis through town. The new shifter felt nice but I guess you definitely get what you pay for.
I posted on an EF group on FB and half the people told me it's because I was banging through gears (which I do love doing lol) or otherwise beating on it or forcing it into gears (etc).

Fresh at the stop light. Not engine mileage though.

Still amazing that it would break like that. Didn't know it could happen.

>get home
>turn car off
>get out
>smell burnt oil and gasoline
yeah

My H22a says hello in regards to the burnt oil.
Gasoline not so much thankfully.

Ya'll niggas rich. I can't remember the last time my tank was above half.

I empty mine just about every three to four work shifts. Can't get an accurate MPG reading without filling it up and it's only $20 usually.

>and it's only $20 usually
To fill it up from empty? That's insane if yes. That only gets me to halfway lol.

Hate being broke, sipping my savings since I haven't worked in 5 months.

Yep 10 gallon tank so it's pretty small.

Look up the Gasbuddy card. I got one recently and it saves me 5¢ a gallon at any gas station I go to. Just need to attach a bank account to it and you'll pay with that instead of your normal debit card.

This is my savings after 10 fill ups. Will definitely add up after a while.

Oh cool, will check it out thanks.

its bad for your fuel pump to run it that low.

get a good job and be smart and youll be good

You just need to make minimum wage.

I have to spend $40 every three days to fill up my Accord/Kia for my pizza deliveries.

>Tfw pizza hut pays for pretty much all my gas

24¢ a mile and my car only sips 6¢ per mile.

Luckily for us, Honda fuel pumps seem to be pretty tough.

what a long ass day. made a couple mistakes that cost me a lot of time to correct. The heads good though and just finished the PRB oil pump install. Basically all that's left is to pick up the timing cover from Honda tomorrow, slap it on with the timing chain, hook the transmission up and it'll be ready to back in the car. If everything goes right, I'm planning to bust ass all day tomorrow and have it running before dinner time

how much is minimum wage where you live?
wisconsin is 7.25

Same in Georgia.

Jokes on you, my fuel gauge doesn't work and is stuck on full

idk how someone making minimum wage can afford being alive

They can't honestly. I'm doing over twice that wage delivering.

I don't own/rent a house.

I just found this head unit I pulled out of my Astro, back in 2013.

I wonder if I can find the wire harness for it online so I can put it in my Kia.

Can usually find all you need to hook it up in the car audio section of Best Buy. Price match it through Amazon at checkout.

I just bought one for $2 on eBay.

>Map of san andreas on the fucking wall
You're my nigga.

Noice. I hate waiting on stuff like that so if I can get it for a decent price locally I will. Kek

>Tfw Liberty City and Los Santos maps on my wall too

I love GTA maps.

Man, this brings back memories of how I decided to get a new radio.

>family owned 90 Astro van since 1997
>always reliable thanks to my dad keeping it running
>years past as dad kept the van while we always rode in my mom's 94 Astro and 01 Sportage
>younger sister ended up getting the van in 2006 after dad got his mother's 03 Dodge Caravan
>still reliable while I helped my sister's boyfriend with preventive maintenance
>radio started to act up
>banging on the dashboard would make it work again
>flash forward to 2009
>I own the van now while sister drives a Santa Fe
>doing my first newspaper delivery job, delivering to gas stations and grocery stores
>have to bang on the radio every hour
>finally stopped working after a shortage that killed the cabin light
>shopped for a new radio later that day

You had the van life too? I had a 2000 Chebby Venture that I hated when I first moved into Louisiana in 2013. Blew the engine, then blew the head gasket on the replacement engine. Even the Jetta was better than that thing.

¡Si, Señor! vs Type Rice

Is it worth it? The Type R is literally $40,000 canuck bucks.

Yeah, I had the Astro from 2008-2013, when the transmission bit the dust, and my dad's custom-built 1977 Dodge B100 from 2009-2010 until the carburetor died and I was too inept, at the time, to fix cars, my dad took it back and junked it.

Then I got the Corolla, CB7, CM5, and Optima.

The carburetor died because the van hadn't been driven in years and I decided, one day, to take the 400hp van, open throttle, down the interstate.

A cop had to push the van from the exit ramp to a gas station.

Such an odd history.

>Lexus SC400
>Chebby Venture
>Jetta
>Civic 1
>Civic 2 (hatch)
>Corolla

Dunno if I should count the ES330 yet. Kek

Anyone know a good place to do a auto swap near SF?

all I want is something with more torque than a B18 since whenever my teg is full, it struggles to get on the freeway.

Looking at B20, H, and J.
Just a DD, no need to muh HP

>its bad for your fuel pump to run it that low.
oh shit i let it hover above the line from time to time

guys ive noticed that when depressing the brake pedal, only one of the rear brake shoes moves, this isnt normal, right?

No the Type R is not worth it because you will probably never use any of the performance aspects of it. SI is still livable with months later.

>No the Type R is not worth it because you will probably never use any of the performance aspects of it
This isn't mutually exclusive to the R though, you could say the same thing about any car.

Honda should have made a 2-door type R as well.

I wish I was as confident doing stuff like this on my own. I know I'd fuck something up somewhere along the line.
I'm pretty good at maintaining cars but the big stuff I leave to my dad/cousin to help me out.

>tfw you notice clear coat starting to peel

Will it look bad if I dip the roof?

>there is literally not a single clean fifth or sixth gen civic hatch within a 250 mile radius of me

Stancefag bought it.

This is not what I expected a crate carrying a transmission would look like.

youtube.com/watch?v=mpMg1upld0w

Post pic of the whole car so we can better judge how it'll look.

I've only seen 1 car with a dark color roof that I actually liked and it's because the windshield sloped perfectly into the roof so it looked like one large glass panel. Looks tacky otherwise imo.

It's just an EJ6 hatch

Yeah my bad was looking at the wrong list.

Ask your local fb car group

Yes that's not normal

Yes. It'll look better if it's clear coated paint

Is that particular TL special to him? that's a shitload of money.

>tfw would've paid the $5000+ to fix this if I had it

bought pic related about two and a half months ago. engine is probably fucking dying, and i think the alternator's not much better off either. love it all the same though, will post proof for collage in a sec

that sucks. keep looking though, believe it or not you'll eventually find one in okay shape. could take a while since you're looking for a hatch, but don't give up if you really want it.

proof

Sucks about the engine, but that is a nice fucking EJ8 body.

The gauges in my Prelude have stopped lighting up when I switch on my headlights. What do?

>engine is probably fucking dying
Tell me more. What issues are you having and how many miles are on it?

Check fuses

thanks senpai.
low compression in cylinder 3 (about 120 compared to 160-165 on the other three), also found oil swirls in my coolant. right now it's only got 284k kilometers on it, or about 175k miles i think. test results are dry, haven't done a wet test yet.

What year is your civic nihga?

2000, my dude.

Ah. Well if the compression and the oil swirls are caused by the head gasket then it shouldn't be too expensive to repair. I hope for your sake it's that simple, because this could get expensive.