/ovg/ - No one cares about dumb penguins edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. FUCKING READ IT FOR FUCKS SAKES All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing ARCA and Sega Rally on Saturdays! Check out our Google doc for more info.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KmJlRBsaaLNmuhpNzENjmbr_ld5MNP7-Q8PgjANrT18/edit#gid=1309552465
redbull.com/gb-en/best-bodge-jobs-wrc-history
youtu.be/_mvjLRANaXU
youtube.com/watch?v=1nPdWRr-L2s
discord.gg/hXmJrJr
sys.Veeky
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=eGKXvpiehS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Name a better game

Why aren't there any 1v1 drift races in Grid where both cars are on the track at the same time? Makes me want to learn modding. I'm playing Life Career Mod now and like the handling but holy shit the grind.

ebin

i just want to wish someone ive never met a happy birthday. why do you have to shit on it?

>No one cares about dumb penguins edition
Nigger you best not be disrespecting Grape-kun.

This car is really fucking good.
I'm thinking I'm going to replace my Evo with it. The Evo just doesn't have the power I need.

Remember to sign up for the 21 laps of Road America on October 21st! Race will begin at 6:00pm cst and will take around 45 minutes.

Bring any car you want upgraded to s class car, only requirement is it must have race tires and a race cage. Time to shoot for is around a 2:10

Signups: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KmJlRBsaaLNmuhpNzENjmbr_ld5MNP7-Q8PgjANrT18/edit#gid=1309552465

>2:10
Well I'm fucked lmao.

MY BMW Z4 caps at 170 mph and spins around the corners. Best I could do was 2.17.

>/ovg/
>uploads real footage

Tokyo xtreme racer: drift 2

How do I get le bassed tofu car :D

Specifically the 3 door gt-apex (like 6 variants of the fucker in game)

I wouldn't worry about it too much. There was a 15 second range from the best lap to worst lap on the mugello race so with a 2:17 I think you'd still be competing.
Biggest tip to go faster is try to find a car that has between 6.1-6.9 handling

I'm dumb, here's the car

>2:10
Oh fuck
I'm only getting a 2:15

Just got 2.14 desu
Thats with controller and assists. Will try wheel and no assists tomorrow.

do you run maxed out downforce on your cars?

On Road America I like bringing my downforce all the way down, but on Mugello if I had aero I would have had it maxed out

the trueno unlocks late in the game for some reason
you might get lucky and it might show up in the used car dealer early or something though

Hory fuk

Any idea where I can learn more? I tried a few searches and nothing came up:

"Subaru drivers fix car"
"Subaru fix during rally"
"Subaru WRX Mexico alignment"

like, this webm source? i think it was mcrae, no promises though. there were some legends about him being mechanic and nigger rigging shit up all the time

It has been found:
McRae, 1998 Argentina: The Rock

redbull.com/gb-en/best-bodge-jobs-wrc-history

wait, it was mcrae for sure, you can see sticker on the window

interesting. im not getting what i hoped from more powerful cars and my laptimes are going down with added downforce

use the S12 instead.

Also the R32 unlocks late as fuck for whatever reason

just did some racing on it. got down to 2:11. but where the hell do i even check the lap times in a way i can sort them myself?
t. retard

You can check the leaderboards by going to the track, then track layout and hitting y I think. Only problem is it'll be comparing your time to indy cars since turn 10 is autistic and took out class based leaderboards.

Threadly reminder Gran Turismo Sport is fucking terrible and you should not buy it.

so there is no way to skip the "lol wait 5 hours for the leaderboard to load in" thing. gotcha

but by the looks of it, 2:10s really seem to be the top 5% of laptimes for S class. if i manage to nail the 2nd sector, as well as max out the allowed track extentions i should be able to manage a 2:10 in my grippy mercedes tune

>tfw keep pushing and pushing and can only match vid related.

Is the GTR everyone is using that much better to set 52.8XX's with? I'm the one Ferrari in the top 5 qualifying position every race but I seem to win more of the races and those same GTR's end up mid field by the end of the race it seems.

youtu.be/_mvjLRANaXU

I ran a 52.1xx with the Cayman, TC set to 2. TC 1 is good for race pace.

youtube.com/watch?v=1nPdWRr-L2s

This livery editor and photo mode are fun. Maybe I should try the racing part at some point.

How do we fix /ovg/?

Just set a 53.424 with Cayman first lap. Let's see how this goes.

Thready reminder GT Sport features Lewis Hamilton as The Maestro and that's the least shitty bit about it.

2 nukes werent enough

nah I'd rather just look for more SGT liveries

I've noticed a lot of Gran Turismo 4 songs in GT Sport. What's up with that? Were they in 5 and 6 too?

>What's up with that?
Nostalgia is all GT games have left and since GT4 was the last great GT game...?

How do i have fun in Gran Turismo Sport?

By buying a better game.

he died of heartbreak

nth for RR3

>join WAT1

Link to official /ovg/ discord: discord.gg/hXmJrJr

This is what your first livery editor feels like. I remember spending days in the H3 livery editor after release.

Not sure about 5, but 6 had many GT4 songs. Including the menu songs.

Link to the official /ovg/ discord: sys.Veeky Forums.org/o/imgboard.php?mode=report&no=18060697

Is there any particular reason why the Forza stuff is on a seperate doc and not on the normal one? All of the extra stuff that isn't sign-up related could be moved to the wiki

>redoing my livery for 1 hour now
>game crashes

Forza isn't shadow government approved

It's a PRC event not an /ovg/ one.

how to tell if a series is shadow government approved: crash webms
no crash webms, no approval

heres a design im working on

im so lonely in forza 7 someone please play with me

post moar pics, looks good
i can't see half of it though because fog

Guys tell me about pcars 2
I keep reading good things about it, should I buy it?
I already have pcars

first one to talk gets to stay in the thread

The wiki cant answer me this tho
Why should I read the wiki

lot of loyalty for a hired gun

R3E is an underrated game
LFS is overrated
Both offer the same thing.
Which is better?

will post a better pic later. here's a v8 vantage i did last week to practice designing. I REALLY hate how they fucked up the increments in the designer.

currently thinking about doing a bf109 themed merc. am i overdoing it with the rivets ?

Is that a shark mouth in front I see? That's cultural appropriation mein neger.

Fuck yes I want to see that

Not enough bolts. do at least x2-x3 more.

at least it doesnt look as gay as the one on the fw190

>did meet with the russian plane again user-kun?

As it stands right now, it’s pretty good but not without a few issues. The physics have inproved twofold so cars actually feel like they’re on the road now, however some are simulated better than others. All the modern GT cars seem fine, but stuff like Group C and DRM are a bit to grippy, and classic formula barely feels like a classic formula should. Wet weather and snow handling are a bit tricky, so I’d proceed with aution if you want to race burgerking in the snow. The AI still sucks fat cocks on turn one, but after a recent patch they’re considerably better everywhere else. The car lineup has everything under the sun for racing fans, and the track list is still the greatest track list in a video game ever. Online is pretty fun, and the license system works well enough even if it pales in comparison to iRacing’s license system. If will say that if you make contact, even if it’s not your fault, your rating will go down regardless of how cleanly you race overall.

I’d say give it a spin, preferably on PC so you can refund it if you don’t like it.

wiseguy, huh? at least you can talk

you want with or without sponsors?
layerlimit :^( had to tone it down a notch

Someone is trying to be funny and keeps reporting the discord link. The address is in the picture.

it's not lgbtea lol

>Link to official /ovg/ discord: discord.gg/hXmJrJr

>flopza and gt shit are agreed to be shit
>everyone is playing them
>pcars 2 is a best
>you can't say anything nice about it because it means you're james or ian

sad

Now this is a pair I could get behind.

>no one is even talking about how shit the rF2 GT3 pack is
kek
they should just give up, it's clear studio 397 is unable to deliver quality content
wasn't the new interface going to come out months ago?

SHILLS ETERNALLY BTFO

What even happened to ISI when they gave the game to Studio 420? I heard they were working on another game, probably a remake of one of their pre-rFactor games, but that's about it.

>still highest user score out of the three

kek

They are listed as the publisher of Rogue System, a space sim. Don't know what they are doing apart from that.

just wait until GT Sport announces microtransactions and watch the user score drop as people massively rate 1 out of spite

no one gives a shit about rF2 anymore
play iGP

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=24&v=eGKXvpiehS4

Continuing on from my previous post (), after the latest patch, TCS basically makes the engine sputter by automatically limiting throttle input and it along with STM and ABS can turn on and off randomly throughout a lap. This guy isn't the only one who made a video like this, there were like five other people in the recommended videos section showing off the same problems.

Framerate and resolution on XB1 is laughable, it literally looks like DiRT 4 sometimes, and even in the most undemanding of situations the FPS can drop to around the 40 frame mark.

Also, Ian is still being a cunt and banning people for offering constructive criticism, while still praising the game for its strengths.

Overall, it's a decent 7/10, but it needs a lot of work before I can start really recommending it to people.

So happy I dodged that shit

All I wanted was more comfy licenses and racing jdm shitboxes with power limits set by the game

Do I need a Race roll cage or just any? Installing a Race roll cage makes me lose my lucky 777 rating.

Gran Turismo Sport feels like a continuation of Polyphony proving themselves the absolute WORST with Tourist Trophy
>scooters in a motorcycling game

>played GT Sport with a T300
>feels super laggy, even on PC monitor
>obviously no option to turn off vsync
how can anyone play this?
it feels like wading through a swamp of shit.

also,
who holds a steering wheel like that, looks retarded.

>unoptimized, 20fps drop
>low detail cockpits
>simplified S397 physics
>AMG has broken ffb
>opponent sounds are fucked
>the new build broke replays
>1 skin per car
>no talent files
>visual bugs
>have to buy every car to race online
>$18, no refunds because it's an "in-game item" :^)
>complain and you're a pcars fan, replays are a waste of time

With all of the concept cars and fantasy racers in GT Sport, they should've just named it Ridge Racer 8 and called it a day.

>TFW Arcade racers are dead
>TFW too poor and stupid to make your own homage to them
>TFW 90's Arcade Racer is dead and will never come out because its publisher was pure trash

>Ace Combat 7 was meant to come out this year
>hoped for pottery with AC7 in 2017 and RR8 in 2018
>AC7 got delayed and Namco clearly have no intention of making RR8

Anyone play F1 2017?

Just downloaded it and the AA options are fucking garbage. You either deal with no AA and have jaggies everywhere, or put on TAA (whatever the fuck that is) and it blurs the shit out of the game.

Is there any fix? I assume just like every other game ever Nvidia control panel AA doesn't work.

That's a side project by like 1 dude.

Ridge Racer is permanently kill because they didn't sell anymore

The last one that barely had anything to do with Ridge Racer, unbounded or something (?) was a massive flop, and RR7 stopped selling the instant other titles came out for the PS3, had it not been a launch title it'd probably have flopped too

FUCK OFF BACK TO OGC
>FUCK OFF BACK TO OGC
FUCK OFF BACK TO OGC
>FUCK OFF BACK TO OGC
FUCK OFF BACK TO OGC
>FUCK OFF BACK TO OGC
FUCK OFF BACK TO OGC
>FUCK OFF BACK TO OGC
FUCK OFF BACK TO OGC
>FUCK OFF BACK TO OGC
FUCK OFF BACK TO OGC
>FUCK OFF BACK TO OGC