/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Back to irrelevancy edition.

Network difficulties due to "DDoS":
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/dd506077db314182ddc2dc15b1d033d72da5630c

An update regarding the status of congested Worlds: sqex.to/Zns

An update regarding resolutions for the instance roadblock and 90k errors on the NA data center: sqex.to/9J2

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>4.0 Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/296b070f41c0e0dedae24de50ae7c51abfa95055

>Callback Campaign for Returning Players
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/callback/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/XrCg42ub

Last time on /xivg/:

xth for weebcities

>Back to irrelevancy edition.
I fucking wish
Fucking Omega, a brand new server on EU has a 1500 queue

>1200 people in queue for omega

Will Omega be the ultimate EU server?

the mask clashes with the armor hardcore but at least you're wearing clothes so its a step in the right direction.

Any tank or healer on Aether wants to farm Sirensong Sea?

>left Odin because of the queue
>greeted with an even bigger queue
>stuck in this hell for 3 months

I left Shiva because of that, now it's the same shit all over again. I mean it would be fine if I didn't get disconnected after 10 minutes of logging in.

BRD, MCH, SMN or BLM?

I thought EU was dead with almost no players

It already is.

>Odin full of old, jaded players with nothing but hatred
>Omega full of vibrant innocence, love for the game and joy

Veeky Forums Omega LS when?

>WoW is so boring to play that people would rather just watch others play it for them

SMN
its really hard to not fuck up with it

Why would you think that
True
There is a reason they call it alpha and the omega
Omega has all the alpha males and cool players

That's because we all play on the NA servers for more convenience.

There's the FC Kupo but they're all shit players who have a hard time pressing buttons in a 1-2-3 order.

But hey, if that's what you're looking for go ahead.

So i am a Europoor but i play on the NA datacenter because of """"friends""""

how bad is the high ping going to fuck me in raids?

Anyone here doing savage raids from EU and playing on NA?s

>tfw

Kinda was. Shiva had a slight queue always, but when early access hit it became fucking unbearable.

The first time I got kicked was on omega and I was a fucking tank. We wiped 2 times in gubal because idiots let adds to spawn so I had to run to get hate and would get hit by aoes and get vuln stacks. I've had my share of fuckups but that never happened on Shiva.

fucking omega queue. Fug.

So SCH Players

How are you enjoying your
>Broil+
>Fire and Forget 'press on CD' buff
>Overheal tether beam
>'Why would i ever use aetherflow on this and not just save for lustrate' button

Remember the cost was

>No Aero, No blizzard 2, No Virus, No Bio, No Miasma 2
>Shit Shadowflare, Shit Bane, Shit Aetherflow, Shit Cleric Stance
>Absolutely nothing to make Selene ever a viable or wanted pick in any relevant content whatsoever, Eos all day - basically no changes at all to fairies apart from tether which is shit

Personally i'm just loving it! The class was just soooooooooooooooooooooo hard to play after all, so i'm super glad Yoshi told me that i was having too much fun and made it nice and easy and simple for me!

>>Odin full of old, jaded players with nothing but hatred
Where?

Thanks for pointing it out my glam mask was undyed and I forgot to dye it post-glam since I've been afk a while

I'm also not wearing pants

WAKE ME UP

SILK
WE HAVE THE BOYS™

It never was, that was just a Veeky Forums meme.

/Omega Gods/ report in

The one server to rule them all

I want to die.

I thought the queue times were mostly clearing up. Gilgamesh hasn't had a queue over 300 in awhile. Every morning has been 20 in queue and at peak hours it was around 300.

Gilgamesh has had very little issue.

As someone that is most likely never going to be in a raid environment, how is playing SCH? I like the aesthetic a lot but I'm never going to do any raiding any more than casually

>sch buttblasted he got brought in line

SCH and WAR tears are absolutely delicious. Both classes are still perfectly fine and perfectly viable, you're just too used to being ludicrously broken that the mere idea of being average is overwhelming suffering.

How, how am I supposed to play this game? Do I need some super ultra google fiber connection?

I will main tank for SB until they fix SCH

SCH is fucking dead, kid
Not even just for raid environment, but there's no reason to bring a SCH in dungeons either when WHM is a thing
>We at SE enjoy some fine tweaking to balance the classes
>that is why we'll reduce SCH AOE damage by 80 fucking percents lmao

>sch
>viable

lol

>Have not been able to enter FC house since Friday.

They need to just do a quick restart every day around the morning/late afternoon hours to clear out some of the people that are idle.

>war
>not a clunky mess

just ask Video Games lmao

>I don't know the difference between viable and optimal

>tfw without PC for 3 days once I RMA my PSU

how will I cope

I haven't had any housing since it's inception. I've always just napped under aetherytes and at inns. When Kugane's district opens, is an apartment a good option if I don't have enough for a plot?

Should I get an personal room at my FC's home? I don't really like them.

I don't really care about AoE damage though, I just like the aesthetic the most out of all the healers

when are you ever wearing pants you slut

SCH is neither though
I'd legit feel safer with a clemency-spamming PLD than a fucking SCH no matter the content

Nothing to do with balance

I would take being firmly in the cuck shed and an absolute joke class that is still actually fun to play and requires base level of thought than this.

Look at AST. Absurdly fucking broken in its current state and its gameplay boils down to
>Chase balance cards
>Chase a RR effect for balance card
>Use small single target heal, big single target heal or emergency heal. Use small AOE or big AOE

I feel you. Seriously considering just riding the story out as SAM and quitting

Terrible. In small content your fairy is just going to be able to heal absolutely everything by itself. That used to be fine because you had an actual fun dps kit - now you will be pushing Bio - Miasma - Bane and pressing 1 until your finger falls off. Seriously dont fucking do it

well, omega was fine til now, but suddenly it has a 1400 queue

I havent played the game its entire lifespan. But i have never heard a point that SCH was not a top tier healer till SB launched. Stop bitching and deal with your time on the floor like everybody else has from time to time.

>and then he said "Can I come heal? I'm SCH"

SCH was top tier all the way from 2.0, they've only just now being put in their place and the SCH faggots can't deal with being only average instead of top tier.

What the fuck happened? Yesterday was Saturday and it was completely fine, as it was on Friday to and the last weekend too...

But suddenly it all went to shit.

How can people play this godawful race? look how fucking ugly every single one of them is
I have not seen a single au'ra that even looks DECENT

I'd assume they reduced max player numbers because MUH SERVER LOAD

>implying it's anything to do with balance
>implying its not having half your buttons taken away from you and the fun taken out of the class

HAHA LE EPIC

X IN LE KEKSHED

X PLAYERS BEETEEEFFOH LOL

LE SALTY SALT TEARS

>can't deal with being only average instead of top tier
Dude do you even read what you're writing?
What world are you living in where SCH are "average"?
WHM were always relevant, even when SCH was good enough to soloheal, WHM was still part of the roster for 90+% of the raid groups and was a total dungeon stomper
AST was buffed patch after patch until they burned as bright as the fucking sun
SCH nerfs were due, not their fucking murder
They used to be that heavy mana-regen hybrid DPS-spam healer, now they have the worst mana regen, the worst damage and the weakest heals of the entire fucking healer roster
They're fucking worthless

Hm, it's possible, because yesterday evening the DF didn't work so something shat itself for sure. Maybe they're addressing it this way, who knows.

Au'ra are cute! CUTE!

welp, 30 minutes to get in isn't TOO bad

It doesn't help that SCH players I've seen have been really shitty. Getting hit and dying to everything Shinryu does I've seen other healers just as bad but SCH players are usually the ones i see eating stupid shit and dying. I've only seen a few decent SCH players in my leveling dungeons. My Doma Castle's had a few really good SCH.

>>'Why would i ever use aetherflow on this and not just save for lustrate' button

650 potency ogcd which trigger automatically at 50% or whenever you slap it at someone below 50%
It also doesn't have the lustrate recast timer :^)

mad

aura are shit only because you cant pick a face without being stuck with one type of horn
and they look like robots when they run
but other than that they are kinda cute

Yeah, but I got disconnected after a few mintues, then got disconnected in the middle of the queue and now I'm queued again. It's retarded.

Thanks for the info gamemaster.

a tiny bit more healing to lose the flexibility of holding onto the stack for an emergency Lustrate/Adloqium

uhm, no sweetie...

At best it's going to be used for 'Oh Aetherflow is coming off CD and i still have a stack, stick it on the tank...i guess'

It's literally just replacing Energy Flow in that regard

4 years have passed since the mortal races banded together and stood united against them might of the Garlean empire.
Though Eorzea was saved, the tenious pact between the Eorzea Alliance and the Garleans has all but evaporated.
The drums of war, thunder, once again...

>asking for /v/ options on anything
/v/ gets trigger when ever someone posts their character

Whats the best way to level around 30-50 or 60 now? Trying to level AST since i'm sick of the SCH changes but doing random leveling queue is getting annoying.

POTD locks out skills now so you can't do it that well early on, and PVP xp seems soso.

I just killed Nidhogg/Estinein. How far am I from SB's content? Should I buy the Jump Potion or just play it through?

Read my post again
You can use it instead of lustrate because it triggers AUTOMATICALLY when someone is below 50% hp

If you have a af stack and af is coming off cd you will almost surely spend it on ed unless the tank needs healing

About two patches worth

I need some Lalas to orbit semi-platonically.
Right NOW.

Reminder to come to Mateus for friends and video games!

pretty far

I thought you guys would shitpost more about this

You have basically nothing left to do; two short, easy dungeons if I remember right. 90% of what you have left to do is watching conversations happen.

Does /xivg/ have an FC on Primal?

About half way, the rest of the HW content from then on is setting up for SB.

Transfer to Mateus and you can be my big brother.

I don't know. I play on Mateus which is on Aether.

>tripfag has retarded, wrong opinions

shocking.

>If you have a af stack and af is coming off cd you will almost surely spend it on ed unless the tank needs healing

Quite literally what i said, there's no reason to use the ability at all unless Aetherflow is coming off CD and you have spare. If Aetherflow isn't close to CD, why would you ever waste a stack on potential healing, when some retard might eat an AOE and you have to spot heal them. You would never, ever give up your flexibility for potential healing - at some point, maybe.

So it's designed around being a use for spare stacks, which is shit

Estinien is real fucking thirsty for that Alphi boipucci.

What are you grabbing under that robe?

As tempting as it is, no amount of Lalas could ever make me leave my Balmung friends behind.
I don't say this lightly.

Can I transfer to there from Primal then?

What a fucking cop out!

do like guffy and blame it on other players

Can you blame him?

>not rolling an alt in some low pop deserted server
>step into tavern, see three people in the whole city sitting there
>"hello?"
>"GAIJIN! GAIJIN!"
>"Game is laggeru, blame Gaijin"

On second hand, I'll just wait for the queue

>tfw no viera

Does Mateus have a degenerate Veeky Forums FC or LS?

ded gaem

Hmmm I think so?

If you buy a job pot to get to level 60, what gear does it give you? Is it shire?

I'm thinking of popping up PLD from 0 to 60. I have a 60 DRK that I used to tank stuff in HW (everything but alex savage), but PLD looks like it might be more fun this time around.

Curious if I need to go ahead and buy a shire set or if it'll give me stuff

>tfw no option to bro out with zenos leaving the wol shit behind and dedicating your life to finding worthwhile opponents to fight

Sadu is cute in his own way, but Au Ra should have honestly been left to be a beast tribe and nothing else.

Yes, I'm pretty sure you get shire.

will i be able to crack open a cold one with the boys™?

No, but we do have a LS with tons of people that are friendly and want to play video games!

Ps4 and PC is cross-platform right? I want to start playing again but my comps busted for a while until I can get round to fixing it.

Do I level AST or DRK next?

or even BRD, though IDK if I should try and gear 2 dps