2017 Civic Base model

Hey guys, I'm completely new to cars and only know a little when it comes to engine basics. What can I do to increase performance on a base model '17 civic (automatic transmission)?

Is it even worth it?

2jz swap it

I don't think i have enough knowledge or money to engine swap it

Likely not a whole lot.
I know some vehicles can get a SLIGHT increase with an engine air filter (or a cold air intake kit).
I don't know a whole lot about it either. I'd recommend finding a Civic forum and checking there.

You want performance out of the civic get the SI

Thank you. I'll look into intake kits. Is that it? I'm willing to put and extra 2k into it.

>3k civic
>$600 for flashpro
>faster then the si

There I just save you $10k

3k civic is a meme for poorfags

I already own pic related, I just want to know what to do with it.

don't waste any money, it is useless
the things you can do are more expensive than getting a proper car
so stick with it or go for another car

ok, thanks

>buying a new civic
>cvt automatic
just kys.

Buy the cheapest manual you can and learn as much technique in going fast without power will help you control the powerful car you eventually get

Little performance gains? Suspension upgrades like wheels/coilovers/bars.
Guaranteed noticeable gains? A tune with a KTuner/Hondata.
>Is it worth it?
No. Especially since you got the cucked engine platform.

If you actually wanted more performance you should have gotten the Coupe/Hatch or better yet the Si.

>putting mods on a brand new car
>he isn't rich

no.

you are 100x better off buying a 20+ yo shitbox and throwing cheap ass ebay parts at it till it dies and/or you learn something about cars.

not much you can do with a base civic.
honda really restricts models like the LX so you're forced to buy and SI or type R if you want performance.
if its really your first car then just enjoy it as it is once you've paid it odd or owned it for a few plus years then trade it in for a faster car of that's what you want

when i say base civic i also mean base modern civics.
i understand older 90s models can but not newer ones these days

Intakes by themselves typically improve throttle response but have a very small effect on actual power output. Better throttle response is more noticeable on a manual transmission, but it depends.

You get more out of a cat-back exhaust and ECU tune, especially if you've also done the intake.

But we're talking about a lot of money for a lot of noise and an incremental improvement in performance. For real progress you'd want to install a super- or turbocharger ($5k if you're not doing the work) but for that much you might as well save up for a faster next car. I'd do the intake and exhaust for the noise and then get better springs and dampers, plus a set of ultra high performance tires (official designation, stupid as it sounds). Since you'll never make it truly fast in a straight line, make it a good handler and sign up for some autocrossing.

Don't waste your time or money trying to make this car better. Just keep it as a reliable commuter and buy a really cheap car with a manual transmission and large aftermarket and use that as your fun car.

Nope, you'll fuck the warranty, which is a significant amount of the value in new/cpo cars, especially ones like the civic.

Enjoy it as a daily driver, you won't win races but you still have a great starter car, which is brand new, and which is going to be enjoyable as a daily driver until you sell it for something else.

A tune and maybe an intake or some other goodies.

Spend the money on some good sticky tires. That way you don't lose value by modifying the car while still getting performance gains.

Intake isn't going to do shit on a modern Civic.

Get a base mazda3 instead because it's engine is better than the NA 2.0L the base Civic has. Otherwise get the 1.5L T Civic.

>Is it even worth it?

"I'm 4ft11, how can I be better at basketball?"

>base Civic
Nope. Any attempt will end poorly and just make you look like a faggot. Instead, save the money you were going to put into mods and put it into maintenance. Use your commuter econobox to save money and use your savings to buy an actual moddable car.

This will also have the benefit of not modding your DD, so you can track it without worrying about fucking up your primary method of transportation.

>implying
>Isaiah Thomas
>ur dumb

Modern cars are very well engineered. Not much good you can do to it that isnt in the several thousand dollar range

t. manlet

>5'11
>manlet
I know that you ass