/mg/ Miata General

>can't find a boyfriend edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jyaGImJx3ns
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fucking caps.

Putting on some new rotors and carbotech XP10's tomorrow, rebuilding front calipers, replacing timing belt tensioners (noisy) and putting in the shifter rebuild kit if I can be fucked.

New weatherstrips are so expensive.
But new ones look so good.

I've noticed that my Miata's front bumper is kinda weird. There's a gap between the bumper and the hood, about 1/4 inch, but it's only in the center of the hood/bumper, like where the urinal logo is. Plus there's two outward ding-looking things by the turn signals. It's almost like it's been adjusted wrong or something. Anything I can do about this?

>ROMAnian
into le trash

Lol at the gypsy plate

Sup dudes

Just collected some grids in 16x8 et10 for my nb, how hard will I have to fuck my arches to fit them?

I'm running the same width and diameter wheels on my 99 NB with 215/40/16 tires, and they fit just fine at stock ride height.

youtube.com/watch?v=jyaGImJx3ns

My stock wheels on 195/50/15s are level with the arch lip up front, and about 2cm tucked on the rears. Grids are on 195/45/16s and I can't raise my coilovers any more (eBay shit). Assuming I'll need my heatgun and a pole to get it driveable

>seriously considering buying an ND RF

Convince me to buy anything else for a similar price

If I bought an Abarth 124 would I be allowed here

no, the fiata is an abomination

your shit looks crusty af

Huh, so that miata belongs to a girl who's passionated about cars and racing. You rarely see that in gypsyland.

Miatas are shit, faggots

what v6 is that?

Jaguar AJ30.

>almost done with timing belt job
>sstart engine
>coolant starts dripping
oh god damnit
>it's the water outlet pipe, the pipe coming out the bottom right of the water pump
>gotta pop off the power steering pump, drain most of the coolant back out, take out air intake
only just now got the new gasket back in (and it put a thin layer of RTV silicone on it too for good measure) but it looks like the bolts going into the water pump are trying to crossthread a little and aren't going in flush, FUCK

I forget what year you got, but does yours have any lifter tick?

wow, i want some lanky noonas to bully me now

Fuck you buddy

It's bizarre how the body kit and couple extra inches of length make the 124 look a full size bigger than the Miata

Nice turbo. How much did it cost? How many HP are you pulling?

no lifter tick

Nice. It was such a tedious process to rebuild the lifters when I did the timing belt on my NA

How important is an LSD for winter and track driving? The base Miata GX is so much cheaper than the GS or GT and doesn't have that awful fucking infotainment tablet, but it's lacking a limited slip diff (and also the color red)

>'90 started leaking oil all of sudden
>can't lift the car to see what's going on

LSD helps you get power down and makes you not look like a retard if you do burnouts. You can do fine without it.

What is the patrician colour for an ND lads?

Mariner Blue

Smart roadster with a twin turbo goldwing engine

The infotainment system is great m8

This is kinda heartbreaking to me, but the more I like around my NA the angrier I get about pic related. I like the MerlotMica-ish color just fine but the previous owner who painted it thought it was better than Montego Blue... meh

Hey LPG, you're handy and know NAs... I intend to take the engine out of my 96 and spend the winter rebuilding it on a rotisserie. Ripping down to essentially block and adding upgraded parts on the way back up, then putting it back into the car come springtime.

I have tools and can acquire others I need, but the most wrenching I've done is brake jobs, exhaust, basic shit. I will be armed with a Haynes manual and internet videos.

Does this sound like a bad idea?

Can I have a non-meme explanation of which is better? I've heard different people say each one was wildly better than the other.

How much would /mg/ pay for a clean, stock 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata with 50k miles on it?

shocks and springs good first mod for ~1000 usd?
car already has decent tires

Do it, that was my first real mod to the Miata and it has been so nice. I did the Tein coilovers and for $500/ish they are not bad at all.

Similar vein, for anyone else, I'm curious what you guys would recommend for first engine mods? I've got the suspension where I'd like it, so now should I do a few basics first or go straight for turbo?

I wouldn't buy one. I'd get a low miles NB without the turbo and DIY

>mfw they returned to the visible metal valve cover in the ND after having the plastic goblins all over the NC

Feels good there's an ordinary manufacturer out there who still actually listen to what real drivers want

hello hungary

What are those spongey things on the top

Man the fiata's face is ugly

what's more amazing is that the engine bay is so clean, for a modern car that's a miracle

too bad the battery isn't in the back and radiator is not visible

>too bad the battery isn't in the back
Why would you want it to stay like that though

Post the lost chapters you faggot.

Huh I hadn't noticed how far forward that battery is. Centralized mass is important, I wonder why they put it there

>tfw no qt trap gf

Miata engine with Fiata suspension is best

Let me guess, she backed into it and decided to take a pic with her handiwork?

Filters for the ITBs. I think.

Das alot of throttle bodies
I thought cars just had one

The I in ITB stands for independent

Meaning one per cylinder

There's not really any worthwhile simple engine mods for the miata. Even exhaust and intake wont get you much in terms of power. The best simple mod is actually free. Bump up your timing and you'll get some more power, might have to use higher octane fuel though. I run 14 degrees base and use 89 octane with no pinging.

Also I wouldnt waste money on exhaust and intake if you want to go turbo later.

*individual

How is mazda still so based in this day and age?

do it nerd. no ragrats. only good feels.

most recent pic of mine

Is nice
so bored of white everything clusters on modern cars tho
Bring back orange

I gotta say, I like the fuel and temperature gauge layout on the Miata better

If you were gonna pick a car to learn on, the NA Miata is a fantastic choice. You have a shit load of resources, parts are cheap, and at least from my point of view, they are very straightforward to work on

This is the best non-meme explanation I can give

If you took a NA Miata to a group of modern automotive engineers, and told them to build a modern version of that car, the 124 is what I believe they would have given you when they got done. It's what a modern Miata outta be.

It captures the exact same sense of fun and that same driving dynamic. But it is more grown up. It's more comfortable drive, it's not as noisy, it's got modern options. It's not as "raw" or "unfiltered" as an original Miata, and that seems to be the sticking point for a lot of people who cling to what I would call the 'purist' mentality. They expect the 124 and ND both to be exact copies of an NA, just built in 2017, and that's just hilariously unrealistic.

Both cars are extremely fun, but for me, personally, the 124 is far and away more fun. The turbo 1.4 is exactly the sort of power plant the Miata should have, with boundless opportunity to tune and upgrade it. The exhaust note is fantastic (wayyy better than a NA or ND). And it's more planted and more fun in the corners off the factory floor than a NA and ND. The chassis is more grown up than an NA (in a good way) and it shows when you really get on it on twisty roads.

thats fucking annoying user. any blue colour that's not navy is just the perfect colour for an NA

wagwan lads

go away evil Miat!

>wagwan
>lads
where in london are you, m80?

Im not. But my dad was born in England (Croydon) and moved to the US when he was 15.

That being said I just enjoy using british/jamaican yute slang from time to time.

So yeah I live in America, Connecticut to be specific aka New England aka Best England.

go away evil miat!

best england is royal england, nothin personnel kid

did your dad get all the girls with his scouse accent though? asking for a friend :^)

Just ordered some Hankook Ventus R-S4 225/45ZR15's for my miata's 15x9 rims. did I do good Veeky Forums? im hoping these are good for autocross

hey I have that shirt

he purposely got rid of his accent because he was made fun of it when he moved here.

do you guys leave your top down when you park? has anything bad happened to you from leaving your top down when you parked it?

Fuck

Nothing bad has happened but ive only ever left it when parked in more affluent, white areas
Wouldn't dare in a poor neighbourhood, its like an invitation

One time at autozone in rural Idaho someone left a note on my seat that said something about being a faggot

Shoulda hunted them down and raped them

>not rubbing your miats nose in it

I did and when I came back it was replaced with a 1:1 scale model

>ThotsDancingInMiataWithTopDownWhileWearingHeels.jpg

quick question from a recent new owner.

how do you guys put up with the "LOL SO GAY CAR" meme? I feel like on some bad days I'm on the verge of stabbing some dumb fuck over it

Depending on who it is saying such nonsense, I usually reply with, "Do you hate fun? Because it sounds like you hate fun/are jelly."

I used to always leave it down when parked. Now I don't because shit gets in there, leaves, dirt, bird crap, etc

So I'm thinking about getting new shocks for my NC2. I actually am fine with the stock spring rate, but I get the feeling my stock shocks are starting to wear out (just shy of 90k miles). Anyone here have any recommendations? I want a shock that is good for DD use and can deal with frost heaves, potholes, and other such Midwestern bullshit. I don't need/want track stuff; that's what my NB is for.

Guys, I was looking at NAs/NBs near me with a budget of like $3500 and found this hilarious absolute basket case of a Miata near me. It's $500, but the front driver-side fender, a pop-up motor, the driver side window, the passenger side window motor, and the soft top all have to be replaced. Supposedly it drives OK despite all this.

Worth?

>Carlet

To be honest.. it doesn't affect me at all. Literally every time I go to my car I smile at what it is. You just have to ask yourself if it's really your car. It ultimately might not be for you. Not that it's super special or anything but I love knowing my car is super light, manual, rear driven, convertible, handles like crazy.

what phone holder is that?

iOttie
I forget the exact name of the model but I have the same exact one and it's pretty good

reply with "i am" even though i'm not lol no homo

go away evil miat

>no tablet
so wot controls the stereo and stuff? Anyway, LSD can be added later if you feel you need it.
It only comes in two colors and blue mica a shit.

I've never heard it irl but I don't live in a hick town.
It would be fun if the colors changed from white to yellow to red depending on how you're pushing it. Would also be cool if you could customize the left display with alternate layouts and animated waifus and navigator directions and stuff.

>display with alternate layouts and animated waifus and navigator directions and stuff.

You could probably do that to the infotainment system

Yeah, I've been dinking around with MZD-AIO. You can do some basic theming with it, but from what I've seen it causes performance issues, like if I'm playing audio and am in nav mode, the audio stutters. The tablet is absurdly underpowered.

Supposedly v60 of the Mazda Connect firmware will bring Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, but Mazda has been promising that for two years now.

mfw going through her facebook pics
there's TONS of them, like 50+ per event and then reposted at least 3 times
ffffffffuuuuuuuuuu