/egg/ - Engineering Games General - Formerly /svgg/

Blockbuster Edition
Previous jej: The thread is dedicated to all games about building machines and systems out of blocks, in space or otherwise. Also, all these games are ded. Only ded games may join, otherwise they must have their own thread.
Whether or not a game belongs in /egg/ is a case by case matter, however games that would belong in /svgg/, space voxel games general, are automatically considered /egg/

WebM for physicians:
>gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter.git

List of currently known and vaguely not dead /egg/ games (this list is not fully inclusive and if you think a game might belong here, feel free to ask):
>Algodoo
>Avorion
>Besiege
>Chode - Children of a Dead Earth
>Crossout
>Empyrion - Galactic Survival
>Factorio
>From the Depths
>GearBlocks
>Garry's mod
>Homebrew - Vehicle Sandbox
>Infinifactory
>Intersteller Rift
>KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People
>Machinecraft
>REM
>Robocraft
>Robot Arena
>Scrap Mechanic
>SHENZEN I/O
>Space Engineers
>SpaceChem
>StarMaden b
>Skywanderers

Games that are definitely not /egg/:
>Minecraft
>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one. With the shitposters. Fuck off.
>Hearthstone, found in the hearthstone general, /hsg/, not in this general
>Shadowverse, found in the shadowverse general, /svg/, not in this general

Information about these games, such as where to get them if they're not on steam, trailers, /egg/ conquered/hosted servers, and other shit can be found in this pad:
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggames

OP pad for future /ded/s
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/eggop

Warbros Serb is back online, open to pubbies
>space-engineers.com/server/73821/stats/

What is Engineering?

first for no food engineering game

>food engineering game
>edible CLANG
Could be interesting

>What is Engineering?
Engineer don't hurt me,

I think that the best way to define /egg/ kosher games would be to go through various "descriptors" and see if they apply or not. More of a Game Design Class stuff tho.

I'll try:
Depth or Breadth or are they irrelevant?
Depth: make stuff with simple systems, chaining them you make more complex systems (like how every single hardware logic component is just millions of cleverly placed NAND gates), few new things are introduced but they can be combined in many ways
Breadth: many different mechanics, each fairly simple, each does a different thing that is done by no other (see for example Final Fantasy Tactics mage classes, lots and lots of spells, each with their use and niche)

Nth for /egg/ is /seg/

"no"
t. diehard s**rm**e and f**m the d***hs enthusiast who recognizes that any one /egg/-approved game holding inherent superiority over any other (flavor of the month hype-driven increases in post volume notwithstanding) is antithetical to /egg/'s existence as a general

But spengies is objectively the best /egg/

>Lost: 1
lol step up and then kys faggot

Your machine looks cool, but it needs heavier dakka on it. Swap a couple of shotguns for a cannon or something

>What is CLANG
>Engie don't hurt me
Fixt

your view is subjective, user, not objective. while spengies probably features the most actual engineering out of any of the currently semi-living /egg/ frontrunners, it is not without faults, not unlike us
/egg/ is /egg/, beholden to no particular game, only to the spirit of engineering
to claim that any one game objectively trumps all others in this regard is a disservice to that ideal. the games themselves may vary in quality, but their /egg/ness does not

There are most certainly games that objectively trump no others in /egg/ness, though, and are only begrudgingly permitted out of dedness and grandfather paradigms.

Oh baby it's got more flaws than your mum had gentleman callers while you were growing up, still the best /egg/

REALLY big fuel tanks when?

Just bought Factorio. This shit better be fun or I'll kill myself out of bordedom because of my vacation.

You don't like vacation?

only boring people get bored, user

Only brainlets dont get bored

t. not him

>THE EARTH ISN'T FLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does 2 crickets have higher dps then 3 wasps when fighting leviathans? Does the module reload speed also affect unguided rockets or would I need to buy a powerful engine mk2?

Better space game than empyrion

VALHALLA!!!

particle guns and free electron lasers in chode when

>people are still complaining about drones in chat

They deffo got nerfed.
t. habitual sealclubber

>tfw got to complete the season missions with 13min left

>tfw, just ~50

What game is this? Is it any good?

>The general that quite literally cannot be named. The Mexican scam artist one.
no

It's good if you're starved for something you can actually play as a game with building elements in it. It's Robocraft but a lot less shit.

Crossout.
You can't exactly ride that thing into battle.

so what purple weapon should I get?

>It's Robocraft but a lot less shit.
less polish, more russian

TOW missiles if you hate your common man. 88mm if you love having fun.

kuwva

R E M O V E

I like cannons but anything other than long range I have piss accuracy. What about the homing missiles? Not better than tow?

You can wreck people very easy if you have a good bunch of them

i'm seeing someone run around with legendary missile launchers, seems pretty gud

>Burning your spaghet
A W A Y!
A W A Y!

>open blue crate
>white cosmetic

>opening crates

>>>>>>>>>>>>opening crates

>opening crates

Oh boy it's one of these reply things
>opening crates

>anything other than long range I have piss accuracy.
Ram them into the face of some dumb motherfucker and then remove it.

>all of /mcg/s servers are either dead or empty
>crossout is >crossout
>space engineers is just space legos
>nobody wants to play garry's mod
the autism is gone, I'm going to die

>>nobody wants to play garry's mod
Nobody ever wanted to play that fucking game user. Darkrp killed it a long time ago.

>Finish racin'
>Spectate the guy in last
>Six blue boosters all bound to the same key
>He can barely finish the first lap because he keeps exploding

yeees

>copper going down
STOP

>air strike builds are possible

tempted because it looks cool as fuck

>scrap is still up

Use boosters to lift yourself into the air.

Ohh that looks like an interesting game, which one is it user?

>a resource relatively easy to acquire en masse is cheaper than a resource requiring extended success

Holy good god my fuck lemme stop the presses real quick

Stop repeating this just to hear yourself type.

Who else /boostless/?

that's a new IP to the thread
for some reason crossout is a newfag magnet

Whirly Twirly Helicopter birdy 5: Awakening

NUFAGS MUST LEAVE!

Bunch of meanies

aww yeah

>/boostless/
why

>copper is easier to acquire than scrap

>The autism is gone.
>He doesn't play ChoDE
You were never a true autist.

>pitting the guy thats trying to pass you, sending him off the track

Literally retarded frog poster.

i do it for that smug feeling i get when overtaking people with autismo and super eurobeat

are all cuckout players meming idiots or just you?

Noice

>he's bad at videogames

nice gokart

Gotta gokart fast

Is the super bandit engine worth the investment? Maximum speed sounds pretty rad

You can't go faster than your cuckpit speed /boosteless/

Behold, an abomination.

>IMPLYING

Finally have all matching wheels for the THICCmobile

>Lose only weapon in Go full WITNESS ME mode and ram into a big fat enemy
>Small plow in front catches him and I slip beneath him
>mfw there's a big juicy silver fuel tank on his belly

Asking again, is two crickets stronger then 3 wasps/1 cricket + wasps?

Test it yourself

>you need the orange mine layer to finish this seasons hard missions
seriously fuck this

>All you have to do is use a weapon that is literally impossible to get

GOOD
GOY

why can't we have more games like chode

lances are proximinity mines, nevermind this season is easy

MAKE THEM YOURSELF

Someday, I need to finish up learning Python and get some serious work done in that language to gain programming skill and then learn C++ so I can lay /egg/s

>learning Python and get some serious work done
okay

three wasps might have better deeps but crickets are probably better support

Alright, I'm currently running 2 wasps, one cricket on my leviathan farmer. With two crickets I can swap out my humpback for a carapace(lower center of gravity) and my improved engine for a powerful engine mk2. Playing on console so hard raids are still impossible even with a 10k ps build.

My entire team has been effectively one shot by a squad of three motherfuckers with three wasps, so there's that.

What in your experience is the best way to learn coding?
I took a course on it at ITT tech before I figured out what a shithole that place was and stopped going but ended up being the teacher's assistant because I was the only one besides him that understood the basic ass shit we were doing in C
don't think my current community college offers a coding class so that seems to not be an option

>I took a course
Best way to not learn to code.

Here's how:

Make something. Doesn't fucking matter what it is, just do it. Then make it work well. Repeat until you get to where you need to be with your chosen codebase. C++ for unreal, C# for unity.

Unity for cleaner implementation of features, unreal for pretty graphics out of the box and a coding-for-retards plugin built in.

Depends, how well do you want to code?
Do you want to slap together a game that sorta works, or do you want 1000% gold performance?