/ARMS/ ARMS General

Previous:
>NEWS
- Version 1.1 is out.
support.nintendo.co.jp/app/answers/detail/a_id/34521
>LAN-mode added. While pressing the left stick, press L+R on the main menu to switch to LAN-mode
>Arena-mode, basically like ranked-mode, supports spectators
>Kid Cobra & Byte&Bark fixes for the sliding boards
>Fix for the ribbon-girl stage where some arms didn't properly hit the boxes
>Text-fix for the story-mode
- Max Brass will be the first DLC fighter and will be available some time in july!

Lists of /ARMS/ friend codes: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vORCZhZnw3y8KFWHBZxjc27nc9HDvQGPAtuQ0bqC4d8/edit?usp=sharing

Survey: docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLllf7MIurfVBnVEtZ0E1ZIEyRmvxXDxxzRrW12AGpT4dBHQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

>official twitter (contains tips and tricks about the game, news, and DEEPEST LORE): twitter.com/ARMS_Cobutter

Ded game

A reminder to take honest fights head-on and, no matter if you win or lose, learn from the experience to improve yourself.

I hate playing against the only three people who play ranked in my region over and over and over.

Got beat by an honest Springman earlier. Still unsure how I feel.

Oh...guess I will stop enjoying it then...only cause you said it is dead.

I'm still finding players online. I think this game will be treated similar not in popularity of course to Rocket League. Always fun to dip into for a bit but not a lot to talk about.

ALIVE!

What makes a fight honest?

I feel that ARMS have issues.

First of all, the game is way too defensive since anything you do is easily punishable:
>When someone activates a rush, the opponent has enough time to shield or side jump during the character's quote time.
>To easily land a rush, you have to wait until your opponent is about to attack, this is because the rush gives a starting deflect, meaning that even if the opponent was about to hit you fairly, their attack will get cancelled and they get harshly punished for it.
>If Twintelle catches one of your arms on the air with her ability, you can get easily punished by her, since your character lose their mobility without one of their arms.
>Players can just run away from you in the case of having a health advantage when the match is about to end. There are characters like Ribbon Girl and Min Min who can dodge your fist easily and also hit you back when your fist is away.
I would recommend making every fist faster (not all the game, just the arms), so offensive can become less punishable.

Secondly, there's the camera issues.
>When you throw a punch the camera will focus on the fist you punched with, instead of the enemy. This is an issue when an opponent side dash away from your punch, because even if you have the other arm's punch, this one will travel at the same direction of the first punch, this is because the camera won't focus on the opponent until your first punch comes back.
>On 1vs1vs1 // 1vs1vs1vs1 // 2vs2, it's hard to tell who are you targeting because sometimes the camera will switch targets automatically. Not to mention that sometimes, two opponents get too close to each other while this happens. (I recommend adding a better pointer above the target you are aiming at).

1vs1vs1 is self explanatory, and so do are many stages like Kid Cobra and Twintelle's.

>How many hours do you guys have?
>Who do you main?
>What's your favorite stage?

60 hour Ribbon main here. Springman's stage is hot American fire.

>TFW shit at the game but feel better after reading all the scrubs who can't beat GP at 4

Straightforward mid-close range gloves on a straightforward character like Spring, using minimal gimmicks and relying more on simply outplaying your opponent through reads and outright superior skill

>20 hrs
>DNA, B&B
>Spring

>75 hours
>Ribbon Girl, though I'm taking a liking to Master Mumm-Ra, and for some reason I do best with Min Min
>Buster Beach

>the camera issues.
I'll admit that the camera is shit in this game. Specifically switching between targets gives me cancer. It always seems either too sensitive or not sensitive enough.
Doesn't affect me much cause I'm a little ranked bitch, but I recognize that it is pure shit.

Why does Min Min have a wiffle ball for an ARM? Actually, that sounds like a good idea.

>Large projectile
>Moves fast and easy to control
>Counts as light weight, so it's actually countered by any other fist

Okay, maybe not such a good idea.

I just want to be able to switch targets while I'm attacking someone so I can see if I'm in danger.

How do I counter DNA as Ribbon?
It seems like I keep getting perfected by that slimy boy.

>losing as ribbon
have you tried not being bad?

I want an ARMS fan gf

>tfw no ARMS fan gf to peg you

dimmadang rainy, that ribbon girl was harder than a lvl 7 hedlok!!!!

btw the moon person is also a friend of mine thats why i punched both

fuck i suck at v-ball

>Opponent lands a rush
>400 damage every single time

>you land a rush
>do 100 at most

it's not fucking fair

dude we need to team up on this ribbon bitch

RG isn't actually as good as people seem to think. She has very few defensive options and her jumps are downright predictable.
Unless you're a slow character with slow arms, anyone can defeat her.

Jumping itself is a retardedly good defensive option, and a ribbon girl who can mix up both jumps and fast drops is a goddamn nightmare. Not to mention her starting arms are probably the best in the game.

>When an audience character is thiccer than your main characters

What the fuck is the 2-AABQA-1020 error

It's the same as KC's dashes, it's all about timing your hits where they're going. RGs especially like to move horizontally using a jump and quick drop, so if you curve a regular punch you can knock them off balance pretty easily. Then when your opponent loses their rhythm you can follow up with almost any well placed hit.

If 20% of all people have stretchy arms then, statistically, shouldn't there be a decent amount of fans who have them?

>spamming double bubbs to get rush and then going in for the kill

I feel so... dirty. But winning feels nice, too. At least I'm not playing Cobra.

If they can both dodge and spam punches then there's the framing for "timing your hits" falls flat. I've played both good and bad ribbon girls and the good ones you aren't going to hit on sheer virtue of them abusing height and mobility. Jumping in this game is fucking dumb.

Also
>giving a fuck about starting arms
you're one of those purist assmasters trying to get my boy helix unusable in tournaments aren't you

I thought it was 1 in 100,000 people.

Starting arms really doesn't matter once you're a decent ways in ranked, but that doesn't change what I said.
I'm just wishing height+mobility wasn't such a huge factor in this game, mostly in regards to dodgespam. This game might as well be called DODGE because you barely throw out punches in comparison.

the only way i could see someone fail to beat a ribbon this hard is by playing master mummy with dual megatons
honestly most ribbon girls suck just as hard as ninjara

Try playing outside of party mode sometime.

try being even moderately okay at ranked sometime
i don't know what to tell you
git gud?

Moderately okay is being over rank 1, right? I'm at ten, man, if i got retarded ribbon girl players to fight like you did I wouldn't be complaining much. It's not like I'm losing every single time to ribbon girl either, but there are players who completely abuse what she can do, and having a height advantage in this game is a huge advantage in itself.
It's the same with twintelle. Slowmo is bullshit in capable hands, but not every twintelle is capable of abusing it to the point where you only have a 1 second chance to hit her.

double megaton cobra is pure cancer...

>rank 10
Wow you sure told me.
Why are you arguing about this if you haven't even played the game enough to be rank 15 yet?

Good job countering what I'm saying and not resorting to ad hominem oh shit wait

Has anyone made any progress on deciphering the language since last thread or are we at a dead end?

I'm almost 100% certain it is just nonsense.

It would require a rosetta stone of crazy proportions to figure it out, since it clearly isn't a cypher.

Man, 1v1v1s sure have gotten weird lately.

Remember being 12 and posting embarrassing "art" online?

Still happens.

I wish I could draw that well at 12. Hell, I wish I could draw that well now.

I wish there were a way to lower the volume of certain things, such as sounds or music.

Music is pretty fuckin rad, but I just wanna listen to other tunes while punching people over the internet, you know?

Heh, very nice.

I think ya'll exaggerated how powerful Ribbon Girl is, sure she gets 4 jumps, but there's super tiny.

Gee Ribbon Girl, how come the devs let you have FOUR jumps?

anyone else getting lagged to shit?

>Four jumps
>Plus air dashes in between
>And a fast fall to instantly regain jumps
>And bonus air dashes for landing a hit while airborne

The only way I know how to beat rushes is by always holding onto at least one megaton and letting my other arm hit confirm. I am forced to be very reactive and be very grounded in-case my own rush baits don't work.

If you play anyone that has as much air or ground mobility as RG then yeah, I can see where you're coming from. But the rest of the cast that can't move as quick or have little defensive options, RG is just plain torture, even with arms designed for anti-air.

Unless you have godlike reactions or you go against not-so jump-dash happy Ribbons I'm inclined to say we aren't exaggerating.

ded

Yeah no shit, it's 3am here in best part of burgerland.

Wake up

mhm with today, they showed pretty much everything brass related on arms japanese twitter (max himself, the stage and all 3 of his arms). i think they're ready to put out a date for him today or tomorrow

I don't have good enough internet at the hotel I'm staying at to play arms online so I can't shitpost properly

>get matched up with the same guy three times
>get bullied to death by minmin with permacharged thunderbirds and megawatts
Goddamn stun and grab is so fucking dumb. I tried to continuously dodge the megawatt but he kept forcing me into a corner where I had no options. I should really stick a curving arm on my set.

Fucking Europeans, keep the thread alive!

>Ranked Mode

Vs MinMin Mode

It's Vs. Cobra mode.

>lined paper
Gross. Still saved it, but gross.

Hm. Maybe I'll feel different after a bit of Ranked.

But like, even compared to Spring Man who has no air stuff, I don't feel you can get that much more distance. And so many of the cast seem to have aerial maneuvers are their spec.

I definitely felt more mobile spamming dodges with Ninjara than RG's jumps when I finally tried them. I dunno.

Who is maining who? Why?

I'm on the fence between B&B and Springman.

Mechanica and my beach boys

Spring Man at first because he seemed like the most straightforward, stuck with him because his deflect is a useful thing to have

Mechanica because she's cute and I love robots. Feel like I'm struggling with her though.

Minmin isn't cancer, right?

Mechanica : offensive playstyle, cute, smart, robot, fast

B&B need better alt colors.

Has anyone compiled Biff's jokes for each round with each character?

My favorite so far is "the surface tension builds" for Helix.

user, I have some bad news for you

>soon

Colgate Springman, Sailor Jupiter Ribbon Girl, Militar Mechanica, Vaporware Min Min, Britbong Byte&Barq, Cream Kid Cobra, Cyan Helix.

Because I like having variety.

>She has very few defensive options and her jumps are downright predictable.
What the fuck are you talking about?

Each possible jump is a mixup that gets the enemy punished if they guess wrong, on top of guessing if she'll dash left or right (or at all) AND if she's going to quick fall

Ribbon Girl has ridiculous defensive options, you're retarded

I wonder if they'll change him up any. Weird that the first character we get is something of a smash-tier clone.

But each additional jump is barely any horizontal or vertical movement. I would think a punch that would hit her in one spot would not miss just because of her single tiny hop to the right.

I get it all adds up and the fast fall and dashes make it crazy, but just "can basically jump until they hit the ground" isn't as crazy as it sounds.

Yup, always have a loadout with good coverage. For me it will always be 1 heavy, 1 medium, and 1 light/curving arm.

Time for stupid noob questions.
1. Do all characters have the same amount of health, or is it based on weight?
2. What's the point of counting health and damage only in multiples of 5?

>I would think a punch that would hit her in one spot would not miss
You'd be wrong

Also she can dodge and continue to jump or quick-fall at any time

It's not "can jump until they hit the ground," while everyone gets one air mixup and no get out of jail free if the dash is read, Ribbon girls gets THREE plus the quick fall

You don't know what you're talking about

Only when there is lag. But otherwise her cancer is beatable on the regular basis.

Everyone has 1000hp, the multiple of 5s is just there to keep things consistent.

>the multiple of 5s is just there to keep things consistent.
If you divided every damage number by 5 and gave characters 200 health it would be just as consistent.

ded

Man I am STRUGGLING to use Mechanica in GP. Her default ARMS leave a lot to be desired

She gets one dash that can actually cover long distances and some hops for avoiding the smaller arms.

But there are many large arms that the hops won't help against.

Look, the way y'all were talking about it made it seem like she could bounce around the battlefield dodging everything. That's clearly not the case.

I'm not saying she's not powerful or doesn't need tweaks. I'm just saying the inherent concept isn't as absurd as you are making it.

I would buy every ARMS Amiibo

Oh God help me, I would buy every ARMS Amiibo

Miyamoto said in the investor call last night that he wants to make anime out of some Nintendo properties (named Star Fox, Pikmin and Yoshi)

I pray to god someone sensible pitches Splatoon or ARMS first

Minmin (charge arm is a godsend and the character is amazing), but I need better ARMS first