/mcg/ - Minecraft General - Better Grass Edition

Previous thread: We discuss Minecraft, Minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d2Y22egkzJA
minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/advanced-hook-launchers
gist.githubusercontent.com/MaddoScientisto/91dde5d97d157bc47acc9bb498b7b076/raw/dc3cde871ff828e290f529609095ae0a04007933/crash.log
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for better grass

MEGA

BUILDS

1st for building offline pack for 1.7.10 and suffering through sifting through thousands of mods to decide what I want and what I don't want.

4th for noserb

What are some good mods to add to my comfy pack? My main mod is Witchery.

Took me a while to figure out how to get this to work, apparently it uses a snowglobe instead as the "igniter".

The other side of the portal. Of course, it's pitch black out.

Since that this is a cold dimension. There's actually alot of cold related mobs as well as some GoG mobs that spawn here, rather than just the regular deadly Iceika mobs.

Also, getting some horrible TPS lag again.

baamp

what the fuck happened in the last thread

Post nether inspo / builds

>Not better rotating lighthouse stairs
here f a m
Minefantasy2, IE, Witchery, BoP and Pixel Perfection is a good combination.

I am loving this clusterfuck modpack showcase.

Everyday until you like it:
You know when you spew this toxic shit around, it *surprisingly* doesn't actually help anything. It actually makes the situation worse. Providing constructive and positive posts would go a long way. Remember, monkey see monkey do, when you do something, odds are someone else will follow suite. So when you shit all over your nest, the next person will probably shit all over it too. But when you do something constructive and help the general, the next person will probably want to help out as well.

This is a self fulfilling cycle.

If you want a better general, it starts with (YOU).

When someone else does something shitty, you have to resist fighting fire with fire, it's tempting I know but it goes no where. You have to instead point out they are being unreasonable and provide a constructive alternative to their behavior - the second part is the most important part, providing guidance and structure for them to improve on, anyone can be a critic but providing good and quality information for that criticism can have a profound effect.

Remember, change starts with (YOU).

Don't be lazy and hope some single amazing person will materialize out of nothing and will come and fix everything magically. It won't happen, to fix a community, you have to work like a community.

I'm not asking you to turn into some gay reddit hug box. I'm not asking you to pretend to be something you're not. I'm just asking that before you post, ask yourself a question. Does this help anyone? Is this a constructive post? Am I doing my part in the community? If you answered no to anyone of those you probably should revise your post or course of action.

Remember, /mcg/ is a community. It only works if ALL of us are working together. No lone actors, everyone. Think, and stay positive.

Last thread was a good example of when the shitposting goes too far.

Something something bobbing on autism

youtube.com/watch?v=d2Y22egkzJA
New IE things

So anyone wanna host a modded Broville server?

Agni and Rudra?

anyone here playing pe?

really comfy to be able to pull out your phone and start building and playing on survival

Which I'm not gonna be able to use because anything 1.8-onward runs less than optimal on y machine. Yay.

I claim the waterfront.

I think you might be able to make a small pack with just the good things like IE+Petroleum, """""""""""""""Embers&Roots""""""""""""""", Animania, Valkryian Warfare, Quark, etc and dont try to make a kitchen sink, you got 1.7.10 for that. And install Anarchy Foamfix, Optifine, better Grass FPS, and disable terrain animation.
Sorry but no one plays PE or console versions here, there are very few vanilla PC players and the rest play modded.
> comfy to be able to pull out your phone and start building and playing on survival
I dont think its that comfy to focus too much on a shitty small screen.
Industrial BUT ONLY if king john doesnt steal my factory.

it's really not that small, besides, nothing wrong with vanilla.

Then you have the Smoothstone/Iron mill. Metalus Industries.

>I think you might be able to make a small pack with just the good things like IE+Petroleum
The other problem is that I want to use it with things that aren't on the latest version.

Is there a mod that can give me a grappling hook like in Batman Arkham games?

looks worthy of a backport

pretty sure chocolate quest has one

Are there any good community modpack servers left? I haven't been able to find one in a while.

minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/advanced-hook-launchers

Look what I got.

Oh boy what do we have here?

>this is the only nigga that posted a megabuild
I'm disgusted with everyone in here tbhfams.

Pretty sure I did too

Vanilla lacks direction and is just random shit thrown together while mods enhances and creates more alternatives and directions.

except it makes it impossible to share the maps if the mod creators cannot get their shit together\ and update.

Looks like no matter what I do I have to fight some kind of boss to get creative flight, whether that'd be the wither or some DivineRPG meme boss several times, which isn't worth it because the armor is shit.

Did someone really make a mod for OpenBlocks trophies holy shit

Of course, getting a Nether Star, let alone summoning the Wither is never easy.

There is a way in Clayium where you can make Nether Stars from practically a visit to the End, but look at that fucking tier. I'm not clicking that fucking much to get to that point.

>Go through the portal
>"Hells Fury!" Meet your doom!"

Lovely

Sounds like you need doom guy

And I died like two seconds after.

This academy monster meme seems to be quite annoying. I probably should look into this mod.

You haven't experienced true hell at all.

And of course, since this is such a quality modpack, transitioning between dimensions causes memory leaks. Forcing me to quit and restart the client again.

Those fucking Lost Souls, I have trouble enough with them in actual Doom, they fucking kill me so much in Lycanite's I turned their spawn rate down to like 1/8 of what it defaults to.

Does this require any mods or is it just a map?

Anyone here tried the Invasion pack? Fuck me, you don't know stress until you've played this shit.

>monsters constantly spawning creeping toward you
>most of them use skins from players
>easily kill you in 2 or 3 hits
>some of them are giant
>vicious piranha in the water, you have to be careful even on the river banks because they'll leap out and bite you
>wild dogs and bears
>rats that steal your shit and scuttle away again
>archers that can kill you from 50 blocks away
>crafting tables not craftable, you have to find them around the world
>they have limited uses before they break and you can only pick them up once
>build defenses and monsters will cobble up and burn down your house
>nighttime is pitch fucking black
>you'll spend a lot of time dying and having to punch off monsters in your base
>building is fucky, blocks that aren't properly supported fall like sand
>you can't just mine cobble, you have to pick up the stones it leaves and combine it with clay
>getting planks from logs means having to place down a chopping block and hit it with an axe for 2 planks each time
>ores are hard to find

I'm a vanillafag who's always stuck to visual mods and the newest, up-to-date version, and just building by hand for fun.

How do I into mods? I read the sticky, and it appears that 1.7.10 is the best version, so I'm installing liteloader and forge for that right now. What are the most entry level mods? I think I remember liking The Twilight Forest a lot, but that's all :/

pic related, a build I made

>hyper-realistic hardcore pack (it's so fucking hard that you can't even use crafting tables!)
>has VeinMiner
>has so many unfitting mods that its kitchen sink nature is clear as fuck
One look at Direwolf's videos was enough to tell me it's absolute shit.

> >crafting tables not craftable
Pretty sure they are tho
Just no in a crafting grid (maybe)
Read the quest book!

How do you resist the urge to destroy burn everything down?

I dunno, the whole 'burn everything and use tnt!!!' phase stopped a few hours after I bought the game. Kinda childish ngl.

>my autism makes me unable to deal with controversy so please don't discuss it

You can always leave.

Clay doesn't actually require much clicking at all
it's just that initial crafting table that does
You'll be free from that clicking bullshit by t3

acacia wood must be purified in holy fire

What does acacia wood have to do with anything? Why don't you like it?

it is not true acacia
it is fucking cheeto wood that burns the eyes to look at

Eh, it looks alright couple with other wood types.

Looks like the machines hook up to a power grid wireless. However, RF needs to be converted to IF, thankfully this temple you start out with has an advanced photovoltatric cell on top of it.

This gui looks pretty cool.

>"Winged Venom! Acid rain!"

It just spawns a bunch of these mobs. They just spit at you that leaves a poisonous cloud. They're pretty weak otherwise.

This metal former also doubles ores.

And with the Imag Fusor, I need this weird liquid more than ever now.

Can somebody verify if the spheres generated by Plotz are as perfect as possible for their respective size in voxels?

Is there any mods that mess with ore generation based on how far away from the spawn they're generated? Looking to make a modpack around the idea that the further away from spawn you go, the tougher monsters are but the ores are more plentiful. Alternatively maybe I'll just make the ore gen similar to how Trainserb's was.

After this data terminal installs itself on you, this becomes available now with the press of a key.

Aw, no media already available to play. That's unfortunate.

But yeah, you can craft and install additional apps onto your personal data terminal.

Is TechGuns available in the pack? Cuz you're going to need several rocket lawnchair blasts for this cancer.

Are you fucking kidding?

>compressed cobble and logs
Okay, that's just fucking uncalled for.

Even Kappa mode is more merciful with pistons

>further away from spawn you go, the tougher monsters

TechGuns does this (with its own mobs).

>but the ores are more plentiful.

I'm not sure if even COFH Core does this.

Well after plenty of microcrafting later, and with the help of an induction factor, I'm now an Electromaster.

THE SHOCKMASTER

That's some pretty good damage.

Also as you use your ability it gains experience.

>MFR shit lakes

quality

MobProperties seems capable of the mob stuff, thankfully. But yeah, I've looked at COFH Core and Custom Ore Gen, neither does anything like that. Guess I'll just make large ore veins that are rare, or something.

What's the most microcrafty modpack?

any "hardcore" pack

GTNH is very microcrafty.

GregTech: New Horizons is probably the most (time)grinder modpack I know of.

I meant besides that
Also beside Infinity Expert Mode and Ozone 2 Kappa Mode

>What's the most microcrafty modpack?
>besides GTNH, Infinity Expert Mode and Ozone 2 Kappa Mode

why asking if you know the answer?

why do I keep getting this crash?
What is causing it?
Why don't I see a mod name on the error?

gist.githubusercontent.com/MaddoScientisto/91dde5d97d157bc47acc9bb498b7b076/raw/dc3cde871ff828e290f529609095ae0a04007933/crash.log

also it stopped happening for no reason, I just restartarted the server a bunch of times

I hate touch controls on the pocket edition but I play the switch edition for true portable autism

>early game access to constantan
Nice

Are consoles for ever fuked to only ever get micro transaction skins and those shit tier story mode addons? I'm thinking console is perma fuked since all the vanilla shit is about to be one big cluster fuk server of all devices and there's no way in hell phones will get mods. I hate microsoft lazy fuks.

not everyone that plays MC is and A.D.D. 12 year old lad

I think you would like Conquest, is a massive 1.10 building mod.

HeatAndClimate had a few updates lately:

--New cold tech; fridges and stuff. Cold is need for teleportation, item drop preservation, surviving in extremely hot environments with low resistance armor (but the game has a easy to get heat resistance magic ring so whatever about that...).
--New magic teleporter tech, for items and now fluids.
--New low tier spinning machine for efficient creation of cloth from cotton and string (i always found this tedious early game actually)

Anyone tried automating the feeding/watering/killing of animania cows? Too big for carts and they dont stop on single stopped conveyer belts.... And i cant find an easy way to stop 2 belts at once with a single wire. These cows wreck you if you agro them in the pen so wanna do it remotely somehow.

serb

tfw your ADD turns into autism and you lose the urge to blow shit up

What are some mods that add dangerous monsters, pve shit and maybe some interesting base building without getting involved in autism engineering/crafting that I see posted a lot?

Vanillafag rep.

None, combat in Minecraft sucks in all it's instances, from code to gameplay

Twilight Forest and Mowzie Mobs are the best mods about combat with no engineering you have shit taste