Explain to me why you haven't bought a Mazda 3 yet?

Explain to me why you haven't bought a Mazda 3 yet?

Because I'm already driving a reasonably recent hatchback of similar size, a Toyota Auris, which is the global market's hatchback successor to the Corolla.

If I wanted a different car today I'd probably look at a used CT200h. Basically the same platform and size of the car I already own, but with a nicer interior and hybrid drivetrain.

The new Civic FK4 thoroughly outclassed the 3.

Definitely not in looks.
All new Civics look like shit

I was going to but then I realized that I should get a Miata instead.

Which model?

Those always look so weird from the rear

Yeah if you don't need the cargo space or rear seats just get a miata

But it's more expensive?

But I have, got it 2 weeks ago

>Using a 2l engine atkinson cycle "skyactiv" meme

Hell no

Cus I bought a better car :3

Why don't you show it from the rear?

What's wrong with the Atkinson cycle?

It's the only pic I've taken so far

Old school hatch are the best

holy fuck that is ugly, honda

What's with the wheel to "hips" ratio?
>the soap car meme is real

But I did buy a 323 back in the day. Literally drove the wheels off it. Shit was cash.

But now I'm getting beyond beaterbox territory.

Overpriced ferd cletus

Because I own a mazda6

SORRY!?? I CAN’T HEAR YOU OVER THE ROAD NOISE!! YOU’LL HAVE TO GO SOMEWHERE QUIET!... like an Elantra or Civic.

4 doors.
FWD.

Because the hatchback looks like shit. Only good looking recent hatchback is the new civic ones.
But how are Mazda 3s and 6s for reliability and shit? I was looking at the s/i grand touring versions of both and they honestly looked really nice

Because Mazdas sacrifice build quality in order to compete with Hondo and Toyo. It shows in their resale value. And the new Mazda3 hatch has aged horribly, it looks like a van crossover. Same with Imprezas. Fuck that shit. The old Speed3 looked sick.

Only shit engines

Because I use my car like twice a month, a 20y/o Corolla is the better option.

The 4 black holes at the edges look retarded

2017 Club + Brembo/BBS. Best bad decision I've ever made.
Honda's been doing some really weird and off-putting shit for the last decade but hopefully the direction they took with the EVs that they're showing off will influence their ICEwagens.

Nice Giulietta

Because Mazda has gone insane and Mazda 3 costs more than Mazda 6 here.

Because i'm not poor and i like being able to see out of my car

Because Honda Corporate let's fucking Honda California design everything, that's why all there newer cars look like shit

Because we did a mistake and bought 1.0 liter turbo Honda That need a oil change already at 10K km(It's going to be like that every 10k now) on top of regular maintenance evrey 15k km.

It's mean going to the garage more often, we should have bought 1.5 liter Mazda 3.

Turbo were a mistake

We still got Mazda 3 with 320K km and it's works just fine.

I did buy a Mazda 3 and had it for two years. Then sold it 3 days ago and now own a GTI.

Good choice.
Mazda3 has really good resale value for some reason. Its nowhere near as good of a car as the GTI or either of the Ford ST's

Was that parked in the sea?

Do Americans don't know how to take care of a car?

Cause this is better.

And really expensive

You pay for quality

The golf is 115 bucks cheaper dude lol

In what world?

Us outside of the rust belt do

I live in a place where salt is commonly found on a road and cars not maintained with rot away quick. But never do I see them in such bad conditions.
Just taking them through a washing street every week helps a fucking lot.

Second gen reportin'. Pretty fun car for a FWD, and definitely prefer it for the winter. If Mazda's HCCI engine lives up to the memes I'll probably buy the new model. I hope they change the body style, not a huge fan of the gen3.

first world

VOLKSWAGEN QUALITY
XD LMAO

Even in germany it's cheaper to buy the Mazda compared to the VW

its a 2012 mazda 2 model should I or search for a toyota

literally wrong, because that's where I checked.

i did

its fucking great

>skyactiv
>shit

btfo

My friend has one. They drive nicely but I don't like how hatch's look and the road noise while driving on the highway is obnoxiously loud. Decent car for the money though.

I bought my 2015 new, its a good car and fun for a fwd econobox. I get good mileage too. That said the road noise blows.

because buying a new econobox is retarded.

Because I already have a Mazda RX-8 and I don't need or want a new car. Screw MPG and practically and not replacing engines as a consumable, I like my rotary!

Extremely reliable. I've owned a few Mazda's and I'd put them on the same level as Toyota.

I bought a mazda 6. never again mazda or japan for that matter.

econobox's are probably the only cars worth buying new, since it's going to be your daily work horse.

sports cars and luxury cars with fancy tech however, are another story.

because I have a car already, If I was buying a new car a Mazda 3 would be a very strong consideration

Because I want a first generation hatch but I haven't seen one since I graduated high school, and that was 2009

Because I just got this thing.
Honestly, what's Veeky Forums's opinion of this? (2013 Focus) I like it so far, and it's a huge upgrade from my EJ8 Civic... But I'm curious about what you guys think.

Please tell me the previous owner put on those rims.

rekt

honestly? lack of power

I'm getting a Civic Sport hopefully soon to replace my old 7th gen LX-SE. I just don't like the round bits on the mazda exterior.

If I could get a car with the civic ext and the Mazda3 interior I'd buy 3 of them. The Ivory interior on the mazdas look so sexy.

>Look mom! I posted it again!

Good car just severely underpowered

good cars for the price if you didn't get a DCT

Doesn't have a pushrod v8 with 6 speed option option

Because mazda doesn't play the CO2 tax evasion game (tiny tarbo engine) which makes their cars prohibitively expensive.
It's a shame really, I would've liked a mazda 3

>DCT

Not that user but my dad just bought me a 2012 with the DCT meme. This one was even recalled and "fixed" but holy fuck do I have to play 4D chess to get it to not buck on me. The only thing keeping me from bitching is that it was a free and gets good mileage, and that I can probably still get a few thousand for it in 2 years when I sell it for a better car.

So fucking ugly

You're retarded, Mazdas are reliable as all heck

This, I was looking at getting a tiny car (my landbarge is shit on fuel), but the car just didn't have much power. Everything about the car was perfect for the price, would just be a lot nicer with a slightly larger engine, 2 litres would be enough, or maybe a turbo 1.5.

Just LS swap it yourself you lazy americunt.

no 2 door mazdaspeed version
that's basically it

Waiting on the new engines.

How's the 2.5L in the Touring? Planning on getting a 2018 early next year.

did you mean: "places that don't use road salt"?

>Ab aka startibg price
If you want to drive an empty VW go ahead.
If you want more than the frame, four wheels and an engine you will have to pay way over 20k.

This. I hate 5 door hatches. Love the face and ass of the new 3 so otherwise looks are no issue

Agree on part that 1st gen Mzd3 is best so far. New ones look like that Mazda didnt knew whar they want too see it as - crossover/van or sporty hatchback. Thats result - ugly mix of both. I kind of like back, front looks good. But once you look at it from side, the belt line is a huge failure, back of car is quite straight, but front looks like ship. Rear doors look good, but they fucked up front ones once again. Interior on the other hand looks sporty, comfy, well layed out, not too flashy, not too boring. Kind of like Golf.

I did get the DCT. It's got 60,000 miles on it and has been driving absolutely fine since I got it, though I haven't pushed it at all. Did I fuck up?
It was the only car I could get that I liked, given the circumstances (totaled Civic and needed a car for work) and from my understanding I got a really good deal on it.

But I did

Literally zero options

Should have gotten a 2017, they really cut down on road noise

Got a 2017 civic sedan instead. Best purchase I ever made. Was going to get a 2017 passat or used 1.8 a4 until I gave this a test drive. Ridiculous how a 20k ecobox is better than a 50k "premium" car

My 06 mazda3, it's a fun fwd car. Not much power but you can take it to it's limits, not much in the way of modifications but regardless a bretty gud daily driver

How do the flappy paddles feel for shifting?

Drove the shit out of a 2012 mazda3 hatch for years before it got totaled by a mustang. One of my favorite cars. My only complaint was it felt a little too light/flimsy

Pretty decent for a slushbox. I'm driving in a city so I'm not really using them

does the motor in these have any potential for more power? I would like 6 speed 2.5 hatch

Get a 1.5 civic if you want to mess around. 230hp with reflash