Motorcycle vs Car engines

Why is it that motorcycle engines can go all the way up to 16k redline, but most cars can only reach 7k before fragging?

Small thing go fast
Big thing go slow

use your brain retard

they put more effort into balancing the motorcycle ones.

because they're significantly smaller and have less mass, low mass allows you to move things quicker without issue as to hurting them

You see when you have safety and room for several broads you need this thing called torque. You can't get that by going hairdryer speeds you moped shitter.

Google reciprocating mass.

honda made the S600 it had the motorbike engine in it

>You see when you have safety and room for several broads you need this thing called torque

incorrect. torque doesn't nothing else but create horsepower. a low torque engine kept in the powerband goes just as fast as a high torque one

>a low torque engine kept in the powerband goes just as fast as a high torque one
bikelets everyone

why not both

bmw 700 RS
it had a bmw motorcycle engine.

Small displacement cylinders. Most cars Don't have 100-150cc cylinders

not that you can tell
it has typical german engineering

It's easy to build a light, rev happy engine that will stay together when you don't need to put any load on it.

Why not just make car engines with a lot of small cylinders then?

Because you need the low end torque that large displacement cylinders provide to move 1,500 lbs.

First for SUZUKI always best baiku

i wouldn't mind stroking my piston into her cylinders, if you know what i mean

That's how they used to do it back in the day, but then they realised it wasn't worth it due to:
>Complexity
>Manufacturing price
>Weight

i want to sniff rin's pits after a swelteringly hot summer ride in her leather suit

because a low torque high strung engine that makes peak power at 13k rpm isnt going to be good in your typical car and theres no point in revving that high when you make peak power at lower rpm

liking Suzuki is almost the same thing as liking scat

>almost the same
don't talk to me or my bike ever again

They make decent dirt bikes

what if i like ducati? am i evil?

Fuck yourself faggot. OP wanted an actual response

I couldn't ever feel zen on a motorcycle that costs upwards of 20 grand.

you'd be that one transfer student from Europe that doesn't speak very good Japanese yet

cure your Suzukiphilia

I had a old DR125 when I was younger and it made me retarded and I thought the GSXR 1000 was the greatest 2 wheeled vehicle ever made for a long time

youre a masochist

Drz 400E is not a bad dirt bike though. I know people complain about the reliability but they're a lot better than K*M

rekt

my DRZ400s has never failed at anything for over 10 years of perfection and top performance

>cure your Suzukiphilia
what's the matter, afraid you might like it?

Emission control obviously

why has nobody said piston speed?

It was implied

not true i just rode it today.

Basically boils down to the fact that motorcycle engines are a lot smaller which means the components used (cylinders, valves, etc...) are much lighter and can move at a faster rate.

The big reason is the smaller engine and shorter stroke. A shorter stroked engine will have the same peak piston speeds at a higher RPM as a longer stroked engine at a lower RPM.