Wang Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubercle_effect
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blown_flap
youtube.com/watch?v=FG2lWRAW-aU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

not mine, but still a giant wang

Might not be a big wang but I wonder what kind would look good on my new acquisition

That's a spoiler, not a wang.

Noooooooo shit I even stated that I was saying I wonder what kind would look good on it

King wang

torille

nice

this is the asswhole with high beams always on

Spotted today at work

Stock down to the airbox under the hood

I give this a 7/10 on the wang-o-meter

i cant tell if thats damage or reflection

Damage from a sick skid

Tyrell 012 with a delta wing, didn't end up working so well though.

An experimental wing which tries to increase performance using en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubercle_effect

Now this is just a giant mongoloid triple element monster.

ITT: cars incomplete without a wing

>SE R

This makes me think; has there ever been an automotive equivalent of "blown flaps", or powered airflow shaping of any type?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blown_flap
I'm imagining an F-1 car with nozzles behind the rear wing to reduce pressure drag, as a sort of ghetto DRS.

I will play

The grand dad of giant wangs

You can set up a small buffet on that.

Nothing exactly like that. Renault used exhaust gases to seal the sides of the diffuser, it resulted in large performance gains but was banned. I doubt they would even use powered airflow shaping if they could, the added weight and the power to run the devices would make it a non starter. Passive flow control devices (vortex generators) plus the multi element setup already lets them get huge incidence angles out of their wings.

Also, just a friendly reminder that wings are pointless on road cars. Most of the wings posted generate

100+ lbs of extra rear traction at less than 100 mph is a fuckton what are you talking about?

now you're right, most road cars cannot take advantage of that in normal driving but that has more to do with suspension setting, tire compound and driver skill. I guarantee you would feel the difference in handling starting much lower than 90, however, since the wing's aero drag will start to take effect at regular highway speeds.

>This is a factory wing

Isn't it a dealership option that they put on there, or do they actually leave the factory like that?

Either way I suppose it's OEM so it doesn't matter much.

when is this "midnight" thing started? and what really is about? i been seeing it in really old pictures of jdm cars

old japanese race club that did high speed runs. like 300+km/h in heavily modified cars.
googled mid night club for some info on them.

That sounds fun, but it would probably get old fast.
Get your shitbox some track brake pads, swap your fluids and go 10/10 on a public track.

>Might not be a big wang
You implied it had a wang, albeit small.

Wings typically look ugly as fuck.

Only acceptable applications in this thread
If this isn't a show car

thnx user, now i see where the midnight club rockstar game name come from

>show car
What show car? It's Petter Solberg's WRC Impreza.

this man?

>MidNight
>p-sticker

would this fit on an NB2 roadster?

Are hatchbacks allowed?

It really isn't a ton of traction when your car already weighs 3600 lbs. I mean, taking a look at the STI, that big rear rear wing only lets you take a corner which would've been 100 mph at 101 mph, there's no way you would be able to tell the difference. Drag isn't a large problem for these wings either, considering that they have such low incidence angles.

This used to be a first gen Boxster

lmao holy shit

WIngs like this are unironically cool, I don't give a shit if someone complains about rice, they have shit taste and need to fuck off back to their stancefaggotry.

Poor man's 911 GT1

911 GT3 is a poor man's 918 Spyder

smol

yasss!!

more yassss!!

How do you motherfuckers forget the greatest wing of all time?

I remembered! (and I have one!)

GT3 shares nothing with the 918 though
Not even layout

Boxsters have different layouts from the GT3 as well

MITSU

asturias gray ef owner here, i'm jealous of yours

I wasn't talking about the GT3
I was talking about the GT1

Oh lol

Don't be too jealous
The paint is peeling and it's dented and missing trim pieces
And shit tier tint job
Also post ef pics pls

They disbanded when some civilians got killed. The club had always vowed to disband if that happened. You had to own a car that could do 150mph minimum to even be considered

Or maybe they just wanted everyone to think they disbanded

What car is this suppose to be?

What's that spoiler called I must know

i'm the other guy but look again on the first scooby pic, it has exhaust on the left and it looks like original sti muffler(road going sti) and wrc car has exhaust on the right if i remember correctly... ( I have a hawkeye so i know where is the exhaust is supposed to be on the road car lol)

Looks like Voltex

silvia according to wikipedia

That's something I wanted to talk about
everyone pretends to care about what other people do with their cars.
Stance is the new ricer and the truth is there isn't anything wrong with it.
I don't care what other lesser idiots think but I wish people stopped hating other cars.

>there's nothing wrong with lowering your car and reducing the contact patch of your tires to the point where you create a dangerous situation for you and everyone around you

Lamborghini Huracan has that. Or at least I think this is what you're asking for...

youtube.com/watch?v=FG2lWRAW-aU

Well they used to use blown diffusers before those were banned, where they'd point the exhaust straight at the diffuser and then use clever engine mapping to keep the exhaust gasses flowing when off throttle.
Mercedes also used some weird DRS thing that would unseal a hole in the rear ring when the DRS was activated which would pipe air all the way to the front and stall out part of the front wing to reduce drag up there too.

That's what I'm talking about
>durr the car is too low it's dangerous
at least that means they drive slowly, arguably driving fast where other people aren't is more dangerous. But I don't care about that either.

I don't like stance and woudn't do it to my car but who the fuck cares if someone want's a slow car? You won't do anything about it.

step aside

>civilians got killed
son
they got into a highway fight with a motorcycle street gang and scored some points

¯\(tC)/¯

What do these things accomplish?

their goals and dreams

So you're saying this isn't dangerous? And good job ignoring my point about the non-existent contact patch