How does one counter a pit maneuver being used against them?

how does one counter a pit maneuver being used against them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4g4CIYR7lIk
youtu.be/hDSxxr9XKck
youtube.com/watch?v=8wyZ1WAU2iE
youtu.be/aRswawCNdRo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't let the cop beside you, cut him off.

don't stay at speed like a retard

>BOOST
>+NOS
>= Do a sick drift away

my guess is
>brake hard
>let them overshoot
>pit them or just reovertake

never tried that irl though

If you even need to ask such a question you should be driving a motorbike. Any $3.5k bike is faster than a Veyron

If they can't spin you they'll just box you in, more speed is the only answer

don't try and counter it, let jesus take the wheel

otherwise be in a mustang

youtube.com/watch?v=4g4CIYR7lIk

forgive the music but the only other one has a really awful framerate

Do a 360 and drive away

When you see them coming turn the car around using the handbrake, switch to reverse gear and step on it, spray bullets until they're ded, handbrake turn again and go on your way. That's what I always do. Easy.

Just let them do it, cars go faster backwards anyway.

Yes cars have higher top speed in reverse

Side note the film cut out a key piece of context that the car was fitted with a boat transmission, meaning it could actually go backwards as fast as it could forwards (ignoring drag etc...)

I find it quite annoying that of all things to get cut they chose that, I guess they figured non car people wouldn't care anyway

>non car people wouldn't care
>car people would still think it's fucking stupid anyway

I can see why they cut it, it's lose lose.

I never understood why the pit manuver leaves vehicles inoperable. I get that it stops you for a moment so they can box you in and stuff, but ive seen chases where they bail as soon as they get pitted. Occasionally ill see ones where they just continue driving.

that's what I'd do

>buy fwd car
>you see Dimitri, when police pit, car become rwd

Depends on skillz. A drifting sensei could probably get pitted all day long and never lose control.

It's actually not too uncommon in Cuba, because communism cut off almost all parts supplies they had to get creative to keep their shitheaps going

I remember this happening once
youtu.be/hDSxxr9XKck

They do ghetto stuff like that in probably every 3rd world country. North-Africa is full of old Toyotas and Mercedes, and they're not buying original parts (desert sand fucks up engines).

race car driver here- in this situation you would floor it and turn the wheel left and immediately back straight once the cop is off of you. Think of it as a temporary drift until you regain control.

turning the wheel right, not turning the wheel, hitting the brakes, letting off the gas, or keeping the wheel turned left for too long will all make you spin out.

These types of situations happen on the track a lot

Even an automatic will stall if you get it rolling fast enough backwards in a forward gear, and if you've never dealt with stalling you will not know what the fuck to do at that point because the cop is already out of his car and running for you.

do people not look at replies ever?

Oops

>youtube.com/watch?v=4g4CIYR7lIk
Weird, it's almost as if the Mustang driver was letting the cops catch up to him.

or it could have been the trading ban?

Let go of the wheel, you can't counter steer out of it. Once you go through 180 then you can turn the wheel hard to right the car.

See:

youtube.com/watch?v=8wyZ1WAU2iE

Pit maneuvers would never be such an issue if you burgerbongs would just drive fucking FWDs...

>superior

>escaping cops
>corner comes up
>understeer because you're not driving a fucking touring car or type r civic

>America
>corner

>going on the wide open highway to escape from the cops when they have a fucking helicopter

>MUSTANGS CANT TUR-

Drives a land rover discovery, tries to outrun the cops.

This guy must be driving without a safety, considering how broken those things are

>helicopter vs hellcat

youtu.be/aRswawCNdRo

>literally runs out of fuel after ten minutes

>have FF shit box
>accelerate and counter steer

Watch the hour-long video in related, it doesn't have some sperg talking into a camera.

>corner comes up
>turn
>understeer
>push brake
>oversteer
>modulate brake to control 4-wheel FWD drift through corner

Use it on the cops first.

>Any $3.5k bike is faster than a Veyron
> faster than a Veyron

[CITATION NEEDED]