Yesterday I had the privilege of seeing this...thing in person

Yesterday I had the privilege of seeing this...thing in person.
What the fuck were they thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/10/ford-performance-offers-worlds-first-electronic-handbrake.html
blog.caranddriver.com/fords-new-drift-stick-for-focus-rs-steps-up-its-e-brake-game/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

best fwd car ever made, but I hope they fuck tradition and go awd

I think that it looks better in real life than on pictures. I wish they sold them without the wing tho

the wing is the only redeeming factor on the hatch rear end. wish they made a sedan type r, the sedan is sublime

They were thinking that its slower than a Ford so they had to style it to appeal to weeb nerds or no one would buy it.
>floppy flexible plastic wing that provides no real down force
>its a redeeming factor!

The new 306hp Civic Type R does 0-60 in 5.8 seconds with a rolling start.
A Focus RS hatch will be under 5 seconds from a dead stop. Ford quotes it at 4.7sec.

Honda really fucked up. I don't even like Ford.

i dont even like the honda but comon. the Type R is faster on every track. who gives a shit about 0-60 times. Tracktimes are what matter

>The overall trend continues on the figure eight; the more powerful Focus RS (24.0 seconds at 0.81 g average) manages to just beat out the Civic Type R’s 24.7 second at 0.78 g performance

Slower 0 to 60
Slower 0 to 100
Slower quarter mile
Slower figure eight

Yet somehow the Civic is a better track car? Its slower off the line, slower exiting a turn, and can't maintain grip in a turn like the gay little Ford can. Its faster than a Subaru STI hatch, but thats about it. The Civic Type R is an atrocious looking weeb mobile.

8:06.29 Ford Focus RS (Mk III, 2016)

7:43.8 Honda Civic Type R

uhm you were saying ?
over 20 seconds faster on the burgerking.

>Civic time according to Honda and not recognized by other other body
Well golly, I wonder why that is?
Its because its bullshit. Quantitatively the Civic is slower. Significantly slower.

>best fwd car ever made
no. fastest fwd car ever made.
the best goes to the volvo 850

I want a two door coupe or hatch version. The standard civic coupe looks great.

0-60 is an irrelevant metric very dependant on gearing. type r crushes your silly ferd on the track

also how come everywhere I go to read up on the type r everyone who driven one praises it yet I go on Veeky Forums and people who've never driven one call it shit? holy fucking contrarianism you busriding bench racers

It isn't faster on track. Slower figure eight time when actually in production configuration.
The hurrdurrr ring time had a bunch of electronics and wiring ripped out, it had the rear seats removed, and it had a roll cage installed that Honda *claims* doesn't alter chassis rigidity. They claim this is still representative of a production car. Its not. Their run around the ring is bullshit which is why its not an official time. Its intentionally deceptive marketing to fool boy racers.
The fucking wing on the back isn't even rigid. It doesn't produce down force, its a styling gimmick for weebs.

I hate to be put in a position to defend Ford, but Jesus you tools can't accept the facts. The Civic Type R is a hideous lackluster hatch slower than a Focus RS, and only a ballhair faster than the Subaru.

so production car is 5 seconds slower, still faster than yer ferd

>let me tell you why this car I've never driven is shit

fucking busriders I swear

>This one manufacturer claim that flies in the face of all 3rd party testing is totally the one real legitimate data point
>manufacturers would never stretch the truth to sell cars
>y-y-y-you bus rider!

Yeah, thats real cute.

It looks unironically cool, fuck off. Saw one a couple days ago, it does look better in pictures in my opinion but good nonetheless.

>wah wah meh ferd is slow

k
also this

you're talking about it like its a million dollar car. ive seen two of these driving around my town.
think i even saw one at display at a dealership.

Both get BTFO by pic related on track and straight line.
>4 seconds 0-60

looks like a turd, get the 240i at least

>implying the civic or FoRS look better

they look great, cunt

>new civic looks great
What did he mean by this?

He means hes 15, drinks mountain dew, plays Call of Duty, and still beats off to the Sears catalog.

sick samefag uleh, sorry for your shit taste

plastic
shit
everywhere

The front of certain Japanese cars have gotten really really ugly lately, Civic R included. WTF is going on?!

>samefag
Sure civicuck

>needing an hour to edit a (you) out

sorry for your shit taste

>edit a you out
Wtf am i reading

>IF YOU SAY SOMETHING BAD ABOUT THING I HOLD DEAR TO MY HEART EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCED IT YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE AND I WILL REEE
i hate this board
i hate this website

do you think that 4.7 vs 5 sec is noticable? or even accurate? top quoting this stupid horsepower numbers and 0-60s like a fucking parrots

4.7 vs 5.8 is noticeable.

On top of that, the Focus RS doesn't go on full boost on first gear because I'd spin the gears like crazy.

Literally what's the point of a +300hp fwd car

calm down sperg all type r reviews say it's an amazing car
type r has 0 torque steering

>fast
>practicle
>comfy ride
>fuel efficient
>honda reliability
if it had a conventional handbrake to play around with I would buy one

>Saw one a couple days ago, it does look better in pictures in my opinion but good nonetheless.

It looks like a crude WRX knock-off, and I've seen a couple in person too. I couldn't help but chuckle at the prospect that some dumbass actually paid the 20K markup for a fucking ugly-ass Honda. I get that the Type R is supposed to be the legend amongst the Mugen Power club, but it's a butt-ugly ricer, regardless of all the bench-racing stats you can throw.

it pmuch feels like awd in everywhere but on the paperwork

Then leave fuckface

honda have been fucking up hardcore in the past several years

yeah that's why they're selling like hot cakes

you contrarians need to get your heads out of your asses

mass-market popularity =/= good design

Yeah I see this constantly, it's fucking retarded. The board is filled with braindead autistic teenagers who will reeee at any comment that doesn't praise whatever faggy car they like. There's no actual discussion here, only circlejerking or shitflinging.

Ever notice how the notion of calling their snowflake disgusting by design brings up an army of benchracers spazzing out about muh laptimes and muh 0-60? None of them EVER comment on how horrendous their POS looks. I mean goddamn, that civic is something Id expect to have a 10* rating in NFSU2, save the full carbon bodykit and spinning rims.
Worst of all, each one Ive seen has always been driven by a 50+ grey haired guy. Poor mans midlife crysis car?

If they calmed their tits with the factory ricing, it would be a great car

no they don't they look hideous

Overdesigned crap. It just screams: THOSE EDGES, FUCKING FAST, YEAH. TYPE R. YEAH HEAR THAT "R". And they fuck up at coupes too. Theres something wrong about rear quarter panel and general beltline of car after around year 2005. Civic 5th and 6th gen look great in coupe body. What the fuck happened after that - devil knows. Hondas looked somewhat distinctive before 2005. There was Germans, there was French, there was Americans and Japanese had their own spicy details of design language. Now, for example Honda, looks like any other generic shitcart but uglier. Even Koreans tryhard and succeed better.

saw it irl, it actually looks pretty boring

almost mistook it for just another civic

>hurr only my opinion matters

get fucked sperg their new shit is great and the type r is the best hothatch ever

yea it looks smaller and less over the top in person, makes it hard to tell the difference between it and an Si without the wing

>A Focus RS hatch will be under 5 seconds from a dead stop. Ford quotes it at 4.7sec.
>Honda really fucked up. I don't even like Ford.

Cars evolve. Ford released an official Drift Stick for the Focus RS. Those who use ebrakes to drift can now steps up their e-brake drifting game with an OEM feature designed for doing that.

media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/10/ford-performance-offers-worlds-first-electronic-handbrake.html

The Ford Performance all-new “Drift Stick” feature was introduced during the 2017 SEMA show. It is essentially an electronically controlled, quick-releasing parking brake but has a separate lever for use. This way, the car can keep its traction control on, but knows when the driver really does want to drift or do other ebrake antics.

blog.caranddriver.com/fords-new-drift-stick-for-focus-rs-steps-up-its-e-brake-game/

the most offensive thing about it are those stupid fake vents

removing the rear ones and reducing the size of the front ones would be a step in the right direction but that fucking table on the hatch and the retarded wheel wells still ruin the look. the exhaust note is also too feeble for what the car is

Si is sedan/coupe and type-r is hatch, it would be pretty hard to confuse them for one another

Exactly what he said retard

>the most offensive thing about it are those stupid fake vents
Instead of those chromed hood vents, I wish they had diverted the money into hiding the windshield wipers for better aerodynamics and visual aesthetics. The chinese didn't copy enough of the features and added chrome hood vent ornamentation when they shouldn't have.

>Ford released an official Drift Stick for the Focus RS.

Would Honda ever do something car enthusiast-oriented like this?

Is it a good idea to buy an 850 wagon?

It looks great to me

[Superior Speed to outdated STI Intensifies]

they will millennial bait these in 20 years

My question is, why would you buy either of these when the WRX STI exists?

Underage banned.

>riced econobox
>millenial bait

Cars like the civic, lancer, and impreza wont be millenial bait. They're just suped up economy cars.
ACTUAL sports vehicles made from the ground up as SPORT cars, will be the millenial bait. You're looking at the Toyobaru for that.

>My question is, why would you buy either of these when the WRX STI exists?
If the Ford Focus RS keeps on going the way it is, then it can become a competitor to the WRX STI type of auto enthusiasts.

The RS is ending production with the 2018 model. Ford hasn't said whether or not the next gen Focus will get an RS.

Overly defensive civic defense force
Such cringe

They would be stupid not to continue production, but they kicked out the CEO that liked fun so who the fuck knows.

someone shopped a set of WRX style covers over the fake vents and it looked so much better