Porsche

What makes Porsche the unarguably the best car manufacturer in the world?

Nobody stands a chance. Zero competition.

Too bad they never fell into the modern F1 Money Pit. I‘m sure they could dominate it easily. Ferrari got a huge boost through it and people think their cars are good cause of Schuhmacher lol.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=blDh04HvtZs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>zero competition

Premium markets are all about differentiation, which by combining VW level of quality and BMW level of tuning, and proper sports car platforms, Porsche has made a sports car that others would have a difficult time making.

>VAG ever

ahahaha yea have fun in your pretty'd up beetles and rebadged tiguans

0/10 b8

>unreliable vag trash
>good

saged & reported for bait thread

>Lexus
kek hard

Thinks VAG owns Porsche when in reality Porsche owns VAG

Is the Lexus image supposed to be ironic?

fuck outta here with your rebadged touareg, hairdresser convortibles and dog taking a shit lookalike sedan

the boxster and 911 are okay but hilariously overpriced, everything else is total shit

You seem mad friendo, maybe if you rage hard enough people will actually start admiring Lexus like they do Porsche.

Porsche consistenly presents the objective best sports car of the year

Wins everything relevant in motorsports year after year and always gets the Nurnburgring record.

I'm sure new money rappers will admire lexus the moment they start flushing their dignity down the toilet and making ghetto'd SUVs

and at the end of the day they still make rebadged vags you need to tell people are special because they can't tell

Except other brands such as Mercedes and BMW have contributed much more for motorsports and the auto industry as a whole.
BMW/Benz history starts in the early 1900's, first relevsnt Porsche racing victories were in the 1960's.

theres literally no car expert in the world who wouldnt rank porsche over any other brand when it comes to engineering & quality

this is an objective thread and we dont have time for blind fanboys here

also the Porsche PDK is the best transmission in the industry for 30 years now

True even niggers don't give a shit about toyota.

>rebadged Toyota
>Luxury

Even if Porsche is higher quality, it has nothing to do with having actual brand history

>theres literally no car expert in the world who wouldnt rank porsche over any other brand when it comes to engineering & quality

nice overpriced beetle you have there mate

Clarkson likes Porsche, he just dislikes the 911.

what is there to like about modern porsche besides the 911, cayman... aaaaaaand that's it. he loves some of their older models yeah

and he likes 911s he just hates the douches who keep insisting they're some otherwordly machines, hence decides to troll them

Ferraris are more aesthetic
Porshes are lame and look bland

>nearly the same score
>unreliable
Busrider underage posters should be gased

>dependability

LOL, dependability =/= reliability

>gt2 rs race car has poor reliability
Wow huge news

well yea porsches are unreliable. but it's actually a general sumup of 997s, pic is just wrong

Daihatsu don't even sell in the UK any more

and? rover is defunct since 2005 but it's still there due to quantities on the road

>What makes Porsche the unarguably the best car manufacturer in the world?
amount of german autism

New model Porsches are extremely reliable, only older model years were plagued by a couple chronic issues which are easy to address with preventative measures.
New model 911s and 718s are rock solid. Even their reworked Audi SUVs are decent. If the trophy wives who drove them took them in for regular maintenance they wouldn't have any major issues at all.

Porsche and Lexus both score so high in JDPower surveys because they go above and beyond industry standards for QC at all points during line assembly, and a final inspection before they're shipped off. Thats what separates them from the crowd. The attention to detail, higher time input in manufacturing, that other companies don't want to foot the bill for.
Lexus and Porsche are both rightly at the top of the industry.

>cayman
>918 spyder
>total shit

okay.jpg

The cayman S is the perfect DD sportscar.

>reliable
>bulletproof engine
>handling is amazing
>trunk
>frunk
>frunk
>who needs four seats, especially if the back two are unusable anyway
>plenty fast
>can be easily modified

get one, now. I got mine for >20k

>best sports car of the year
Why are you spelling Lotus wrong?
The new Griffith will be better too

unironically jelly as fuck. Gorgeous.

>get one, now. I got mine for >20k
So you got the one with the timebomb engine?

Is yours 987.1 or 2, because .1 engine is certainly not bulletproof. IMS, bore scoring, and oil starvation. .2 is bulletproof and DFI but an S is gonna be more than 20k for sure.

Ignore me if pic related is yours and you just got the deal of the century.

I wish that were mine. I got this one for $15.5k w/ 120k miles. Hopefully it'll last me through college

Also had the IMS replaced right after I purchased. I wasn't gonna fuck around with that, even though the REAL problems were with the 911s and boxsters introduced right before the cayman

I have been looking for a while and I haven't seen any .2 in that price range. I have $50K cash, so I could stretch myself and buy a 997.1 turbo, or save some money and get a 987.2 Cayman S or 996 turbo. I've gone back and forth between them over the past few months and can't decide what I should do.

Sadly I find them to look shit. Especially the back with the incredible idiotic looking exhaust in the middle.
Also the cayman name is gay.

I would get a much newer cayman S; they're much better than the older model. Mine still is bone stock and didn't even come with an aux input

I think with some small styling changes this car could look perfectly modern. Adding the GT4 bumper and front splitter makes the front look much more aggressive, and potentially a (SMALL) aftermarket rear spoiler would make it look nice too, though I'm a bit wary of those.

Also I forgot to mention: The last owner removed the "Cayman S" badge and replaced it with more classic "PORSCHE" lettering, I assume to fool people into thinking it's a 911. It's a little pretentious but IMO it looks MUCH better

What are your opinions on the Porsche 928?

Ive seen only 1 ever good looking cayman. He had an aftermarket exhaust with 4 exhaust and a nice difussor and it really looked fucking good.

That single exhaust thing looks really bad. The diffusor is also way too bland imho.

>he just dislikes the 911
aaaaaand that's all they've got

It's certainly no supercar, but IMO it's the best car for the money, by far. Exterior and aesthetic mods can make it look a hell of a lot better though

>rover

It looks like old gen gt2 rs. 2007 model becuase of the shape of headlights.

it's an ecobox maker that went bankrupt not land rover, they were pretty solid

No, it went bankrupt in 2005.
>they were pretty solid
to bongs, yeah
what a worthless chart.

over engineering

The man had real shitty taste in podiums, that's for sure.

>i'm an idiot

>track cars
>reliability scores

lmao .. if you have carbon ceramic brakes and hit the track you obviously have to replace them from time to time

what has this to do with reliability?

don't worry since a generation of native germans are less than muzzies and niggers, the brand won't be that good since no muh german engineers will build them.

This 968 is on bringatrailer right now and im tempted to empty out my 401k to buy it. I've wanted one of these since i was a kid and it's killing me how much they are going up in value.

creamed pants

ok sweetie

i have a still relatively new 981 gts, can recommend

it contains more car than I'll be able to use

beautiful choice. I was about to get a cayman but got a Z4 instead since it was cheaper

why should I not get a previous model Panamera Turbo for about 50k

If I can get a beetle that does 6:48 I'm okay with DDing that user

that shit isn't aesthetic you just have pleb taste

do you have a family of 5?

you have to go back

no, just me & the gf
my mind can't seem to get passed sedans
I like to sit in the back after going through a drivethru to eat

It's ugly as fuck.

ok that is weird af

Do it, nig. I wish I could afford a 968. Im 944 /poorfag/ here.

He's right, that design isn't aesthetic at all.
You should jam your shit taste right up your ass.

im Swiss and live in Switzerland where should I go back to? you just have shit taste and no sense of aesthetics

>you just have shit taste and no sense of aesthetics
Lol
Don't forget, no Porsche either.

im just commenting on the pic you posted its trash compared to a proper Ferrari

ok sweetie :)

im glad you agree with me :-)

>its trash compared to a proper Ferrari
Agreed.
In fact, it's worse than trash. Looks like something a dog vomited up.

youtube.com/watch?v=blDh04HvtZs
"Even" he admit that Porsche is the better choice

t. used twingo owner

Gonna miss mine when I put it away for the winter.

My big problem with them is how they autistically keep on making them look the same gen after gen.
Why would anyone spend that much money on a car that makes you want to yawn when you look at it? Sure they feel and sound nice but so do many other cars, some cheaper, that you don't need a loupe to tell apart.

you first

Well, don't get started on logic, you'll only make the fanboys upset.

>holy shit these cars all look the same
no they don't, they look very different
>[posts picture]
Those are completely different

Me thinks you don't know your history friend.

Read more. Porsche (the man and the origin) goes back well before ww2. And was involved in f1 before it was f1.

Scrub

Those are different cars?

>the unarguably the

Porsches are for people who are just learning how to have a lot of money, they sell them within 2 years. boring, unimaginative copy pastes of stale designs is not a good thing, unfortunately their fanbase is full of retards who don't understand this. case in point; richard hammond.

When I moved to the street where I live now, 4 of the 6 homes had 911's in the driveway.
Literally all of them are gone now.
I guess people do get tired of them quickly.

As a Porsche owner, I love seeing how true the Fox and Sour Grapes story is whenever we have a thread.

Cayennes are the quintessential new rich car. You can get them second hand for less than a miata.

What's even stranger is what they were replaced with: a couple of Mercedes and a Challenger.

Nobody will bat an eye at an old Cayenne, let alone think the owner is rich. But newer ones are easily accessible around $60k

Why mess too much with a perfect design? The designs are timeless and not stale.

>not stale
Let's have a little honesty, please.

Wait a second these are cheaper than I expected. Redpill me on gaymans pls.

50k isn't gonna get you a 997 Turbo anymore, sadly. That's where 996s start these days.