German car shills berate other cars for having some plastic in the interior

>german car shills berate other cars for having some plastic in the interior
>your average bmw has melting plastic parts in the engine bay

why the double standards?

I like german cars, but fuck have you been in a BMW from the 90s onward? Plastic everywhere.

Yeah I have, and both were all leather and wood inside.

I know but the shills don't admit it

and look at this shit, not only the plastic, but look where the intakes are placed, it's like they purposely put them there so they get hot air, no wonder the n54 was so shit and had so many problems and ended them a lawsuit

forgot pic

The N54 wasn't shit because of the plastic engine cover or whatever, you dipstick. It was mostly the hpfp and turbos themselves.

>engine known for dispersing a lot of heat
>better make everything around it cheap plastic

jej

Okay? Again, the plastic wasn't the problem at all with that engine, you're really showing your lack of knowledge here.

Also plastic covers in engine bays are pretty standard for a lot of manufacturers now.

>coolant expansion tank poorly made and made of cheap plastic so it leaks
>coolant hoses made of cheap plastic end up cracking because of the heat and pressure
>it's not a problem!!!

I'm not saying it's an engine problem it's a general problem that has to do with the engine, read the op

user you are replying to.

You are full of shit.

That's because some ricer took off the airbox. It usually has a regular filter housing like everything else

>plastic vacuum lines sitting right above engine valve cover with zero heat shielding
>not an engine problem

excuse moi?
it's a placement problem. intercooler isn't adequate for the engine either and ends up causing more trouble

The coolant hoses are made out of rubber. EU kept pushing for "bio-degradable rubber" which is probably why they end up needing replacing. I haven't heard of expansion tank leaking but again it's on the bottom of the list for the N54's problems if it is a thing.

>I'm not saying it's an engine problem
Uh you actually said exactly that in your previous post, alluding to plastic and (some guy's aftermarket?) air intakes being the cause of the N54's troubles. It's okay to admit you don't know shit about the engine you're discussing, definitely more admirable than trying to cover it up with some angry autistic shitpost.

entire thread is about the engine bay being shit. yeah engine is too

>having plastic parts being literally melted by your shit overheating engine isn't a problem

just stop

All cars have some sort of plastic. The only problem on Veeky Forums is that a lot of people here don't own, have been in/driven, nicer newer more expensive cars and they only regurgitate what they hear, american cars cant turn, european cars are the crux of luxury, so and so cars have plastic everywhere and dont forget the panel gaps. sure some are really bad and have issues but overall all cars are pretty decent no matter the brand. Also when people say cheap interior its not that its falling apart etc its mostly the feel of the plastic and leather. like i will agree american cars seem to have thinner or more hollow feel to the interior plastics than euro/jap vehicle but not in anyway that is considered vastly inferior or actually cheap that would dissuade you from purchasing a vehicle just because the plastic feel a bit thinner.

I guess the user I'm replying to is a fucking retard who thinks some lower trim model with cloth seats and plastic interior represents 100% of bmw's. Why the fuck would I pretend the cars didn't have leather interiors? You must be autistic if you think your personal experience trumps objective facts.

yeah my honda has a plastic valve cover like a bmw

>having plastic parts being literally melted by your shit overheating engine isn't a problem
>this imaginary thing I'm pulling out of my ass about an engine I know nothing about is a problem
Haha okay dude. The only thing I can think of that you might be referring to are the coolant hoses, which become brittle over time (typically after 5 years) and can crack.

valve cover melts too. are you an owner of a ''fine'' n54 to be this defensive of it's shit intake placement and all other bad design choices?

Fuck no I wouldn't touch an N54 with your dick, but get your facts straight. You (or at least the first guy I replied to) was alluding to the plastic covers being the major problems when they weren't really the big issue. The N55 has plastic in the engine bay too yet it seems to be holding up much, much better than the N54, at least from what I've heard.

nobody was alluding to the plastic covers

Also that stupid intake placement is aftermarket, bmw normally routes the intake from ports behind the front grill to the filter in the bay