Is it weird to own a small, lightweight coupe if you're an adult? I'm 25 and I'm considering a RSX as my next car...

Is it weird to own a small, lightweight coupe if you're an adult? I'm 25 and I'm considering a RSX as my next car, but then I realized that it would look kinda weird to drive that car. The back space is super tight and I feel like cops would think I'm a teenager. What say Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/aussie-mustang-buyers-must-wait-12-months-for-safety-upgrades-following-twostar-crash-test/news-story/b11595a10e1f12c3b3f084daa2ecab9e
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Is it weird to own a small, lightweight coupe if you're an adult?
Only kids own those things. Adults own practical cars.

Nothing wrong with it at all. I got a aw11 MR2 @24 and it gets me 18-20 year olds.

But I don't need a "practical" car and I want a fun car to drive

What about women your age? I feel like women would think I'm a manchild

Grow up

RSX is a woman’s car

K
How do you figure that?

Drive whatever you want, don't worry about other peoples opinions. I don't spend time with people judgemental enough to think less of me for having a fun car, and neither should you.

>How do you figure that?
All looks, no performance. Just like a woman.

>I have no idea how many missed opportunities I will regret by the time I am 30, all because I threw everybody out of my life that offered me advice I didn't agree with.

The rsx type s seems pretty good to me, on paper at least. The base is probably gay as fuck to own. I just threw out that one example it's not the only one I'm thinking of

>adult
>25

Yeah ok, get a boring practical car when you are like 32 and have kids a a wifu

18-20 year old boys. Make sure to note the sex.

Not everybody is a faggot like you bud

No. Go for it.

I'm also 25 and my wife talked me into a car with back seats (WRX, but still). It's not like it's going to get easier for you to justify to yourself.

Might as well go for it.

I’m 21 and I bought a CR-Z as a daily (US model, so no back seats). Guys poke fun at it for being a small car, but girls say it’s cute and compliment the color.

>adults are not allowed to have fun
welp

>What about women your age? I feel like women would think I'm a manchild
Why should you care what used-up post-wall roasties think?

Base rsx has the same engine as the ep3 civic si iirc.

Because I want to fuck them
Okay fine lets say the 2010 chevy cobalt SS

>Because I want to fuck them

This doesn't mean you should care about their opinions.

Why did you marry so young is the real question here
How's the CRZ? I've heard it's pretty slow but gets great gas mileage and fairly comfy
True but if I like one enough to be my girlfriend I'd like her to be happy

Ask yourself if you want to pay the value of the car twice when you look into a boosted gm.

>Why did you marry so young is the real question here

Found one I liked.

You're not picking up girls in your 80s shitbox. Don't lie to yourself. Look in the mirror. Have a good chuckle.

Do kids own Porsche 911s? Generally, no, just adults

Can confirm. Averaging 40+ em pee gees overall, seats are nice, 0-60 in 8 seconds. It’s perfect for a sub half-hour commute and in town runabout. But I’d recommend a loaded V6 Accord/TLX for anything longer.

25 isn't that old. I always see 50 year old guys in 86's and GTI's which looks really weird.

What does that mean?
Fair enough. I definitely have not been with enough money or make anywhere near as much money as I want to get married, let alone have a gf right now
It sounds appealing, I thought about a honda fit but I think I'd prefer more balance

Find yourself a girl who's financially independent. They're the best sort anyway.

Do they exist?

drive whatever you find fun. who fucking cares what you drive except for you.

Who cares what others think? When you're on your dying breath you'll regret wasting fun moments you could've lived through by wondering what others would think. Live your life. If you want a hotboi Honda, get one, be happy

I might be a bit drunk rn

All sorts of people drive all sorts of cars you dumb faggots. Girls don't give a shit what you drive unless its smelly and dirty inside. Or maybe they do if they are just looking for money. If you're not fat ugly and annoying it shouldn't be hard to find someone to have a genuine relationship with.

It's later down the road when you move in together or get married and have kids, that she makes you sell all your fun shit.

get a better car than an rsx though.

Better like what? So far it's the rsx type s, celica gts or cobalt ss on my list

Buy something that's driven by the rear wheels, or all the wheels

Great, so either a beemer, mustang or camaro. No thanks

37 still have my type s since 2005
Cant get rid of it dont need it have family mobile a truck and my work gives me vehicle too.
still fun to drive right when i think about selling it get in drive and that little voice gets shut up by the fun im having

What's your asking price? Any major issues with the car or is it as glorious as they say?

Look man you’re obviously worried about being judged for being childish for liking a coupe and enjoying a drive
Check out these
>g35/37
>a luxury 350z
>gt86
>not too fast but fun kinda like a Miata but not as pussy looking
>any bmw 1985-now
>so many options and muh kraut luxury
>Lexus ls400/gs400/sc430/any rwd Lexus

Never even put a sign on it as far as price i would sell for $7k with all its type R parts included and garage full of the oem parts.
Only time it left me stranded was for clutch slave valve o-ring blew out $2.00 part that i got next day, replaced clutch at 80k thats it
Whole 3rd gear issue i just replaced all rubber bushings with metal ones

It's not that I'm worried about being judged, maybe a little bit. But I just think it would feel kinda weird driving a small coupe at my age, like I'm suppose to have a big boy car or some shit. But at the same time it makes sense. I have a SUV that I never haul with, go off road in, or do anything practical whatsoever with. So I feel like why not, and I could throw one or two people in the back in a pinch.
I know it redlines around 8k, how high in first can you go before reaching redline? Is it 20mph or so? I've never owned a manual so this would be my first and I'm wondering for city driving

cripes thats cheap why is Oregon so expensive hondas/acuras are double the price of other places

stock redline is 8k but rev limiter kicks in just before 8300
Shift at 25
Reflash moves limiter to 8600

California lots of them around here and cheaper the closer you get to L.A

I understand what you mean because we both understand those normies pressures, but we’re young so just enjoy a sweet car and maybe something with luxury before you’re 50+ with a bright red corvette
Also check out those cars so you can find something you like or just give me a detailed description of what you want or specs and shit

The type S is a beast. And if you're into mods, it can take boost well enough.

Shit, just keep it stock tho. It's more than fast enough, and it'll last forever

Will do, and as far as specs there's nothing too crazy. I'm basically looking at hp/torque, mpg, height, wheelbase, turning diameter, and weight. Just looking at other cars and seeing how it stacks up to the cobalt ss

>Cobalt

Dear god no op. Those things are rolling death traps. Anything but GM shit, if you value yours, and anyone else's life

hot hatch is always the answer

More so than the type s? I seriously doubt that. Even by looking at it, it looks like a fairly beefy car that can take a hit

Get something sporty and practical then. This is why high-spec econoboxes are popular.

That's not what the problem is. GM cut some major corners with that car. Shit, just to save 50 cents per car, they changed out the ignition switch with a smaller one that couldn't hold the key in place if there was a keychain on it. It caused it to go into auxiliary in the middle of driving. Shit caused over 150 deaths IIRC.

I drive a small (heavy) coupe. Its dope and fun and I'll probably never drive anything else if I can help it. I have a toureg if I need a touring car.

Ford's done some fucked up shit too with their Australian Mustangs. They just managed to get a 3-star safety rating after the scandal.

news.com.au/technology/innovation/motoring/aussie-mustang-buyers-must-wait-12-months-for-safety-upgrades-following-twostar-crash-test/news-story/b11595a10e1f12c3b3f084daa2ecab9e

I'm 25 and married, have a kid on the way, and I drive a EG civic hatch. I don't feel out of place at all.

Is it seriously that bad? I saw that was one of the major issues with the car when I googled it but other than that it seems pretty good to me

eh im in mid 30s and i daIly an evo.

i cant hear people give a shit because i don't have a muffler

Stop fucking caring what the cops and people think. Do whatever you like. If you are an """""adult""""" as you say you would already know these things.

Do the 2 car thing. I have a cheap but perfectly fine Mondeo for going to work and doing daily duties with, but also got an E36 M3 for the weekends. No one gives a fuck what anyone else is doing past 25.

And where are you suppose to store two cars if you don't have a garage?

Is it weird to own a landyacht at 18? It doesn’t matter.

Get what you like, user.

>having ideas of what an adult is based on childish and immature notions
Grow the fuck up.

>Is it weird to own a small, lightweight coupe if you're an adult?
you do realize the majority of this board is composed of manchilds and weeabos right?

I have a 06 rsx base. Its a fun car and gets good mileage. It's not super fast but alot of fun. Don't pay over 5000 for one and don't buy one with a bad title or from some mexican/gook.

I'm 25 and I drive zzw30.
drive what you want, cops dont give no fuck unless you give them a reason to care.

Don't pay over 5000 for the base or the type s?

Nah they definitely give a fuck. When I had a civic I got pulled over constantly for bullshit

M3 gets parked on the drive, Mondeo on the street. Parking isn't an issue in the slightest where I live. Do you live in the middle of a city or something?

why is everyone on Veeky Forums suddenly married at 25?

>What say Veeky Forums ?
You are a retard !

I think the average age on Veeky Forums is higher than other boards

Your car is nice user