Post bikes on stands

yeah

Strings > stands :^)

Is the kettenkraftrad a motorcycle?

lol wtf is that exhaust

Suzuki a shit

yes, a moe kino

about half a stainless yoshimura tri-oval painted black by the previous owner

Whoa, did some [S O V E R E I G N E U R O P E A N C I T I Z E N O F C O L O U R] steal your wheel over night, or what?

In general suzuki has poor build quality, is heavier and makes less power than the competition.
Its been that way for decades. They were also hit the hardest by the recession and never recovered.
Just simple fact

most of their bikes haven't received an update in a decade or more

>2000 lb wet
>50 hp
Must be a suzuki

Two stroke > all

Do you want some tomato sauce with that pasta?

Why did my bike just turn off while I was doing 60mph?

Its been really cold but I was riding just fine for the past 20 minutes?

Headlight had been getting brighter and darker randomly though

>In general suzuki has poor build quality
the finish might not be as nice but they hold up just as well as anything else, and don't rust as much as kawasakis do, while not being as polished as yamaha or honda
>is heavier and makes less power than the competition.
a lot of that was due to emissions which tanked everyones weight and power, and the fact that suzuki usually refreshes a year apart from the other japs

>they hold up
They cant even hold their own weight
>emissions
Even pre emissions they had the same issue

Loose battery connection(s), fuse(s), battery, regulator/rectifier, stator. Check 'em in that order.

Post best bikes

So glad I started on this thing.

recalled
166kg dry is heavy? new bikes are about the same but with higher tech materials

>"Brb just gotta fill the tank."
>"Brb forgot the premix oil at home."
>"Brb gotta rebuild my engine."
>"Anyone got spare spark plugs with them? Maybe they'll fit."
>"What do you mean, I shouldn't use engine braking?"
>"The bike sat for quite a while and I can't kick it back to life. W-why should the crank seize??"

No shit it was recalled. People got really hurt because of suzukis poor quality

Changing my tire with no stand

>"Brb just gotta fill the tank."
True, but it isn't that big of a difference
>"Brb forgot the premix oil at home."
Don't be dumb nigger who forgets things, besides, most people who ride 2 stroke dirt bikes make the premix in a jerry can at home
>"Brb gotta rebuild my engine."
Easy as fuck to do, easier than valve adjustments that a 4 stroke dirt bike requires about as often, on top of the rebuilds
>"Anyone got spare spark plugs with them? Maybe they'll fit."
Learn to jet your bike correctly, nigger
>"What do you mean, I shouldn't use engine braking?"
Why would this be an issue?
>"The bike sat for quite a while and I can't kick it back to life. W-why should the crank seize??"
Literally has never happened to me or anyone I know, maybe you should have a properly maintained bike

Does this count?

I rode trail and raced 2strokes for 15 years or so and NEVER had any of these issues

I'm not in a position to check them at the moment, however it could be battery related ad I bought the bike with 1k miles on the clock bjf the previous owner already had to replace the battery. Which is concerning. Says he left it out and not running a lot.

>disc lock in what seems to be a lockable garage
Is it really that bad.

looks like it's being stored for winter
if you have it, you may as well use it.

If it was battery releated, then it wouldn't start at all. Were you by any chance riding in rain?

What happened to direct injection 2 strokes?

Rotax still makes em, but I don't remember any bikes with one

Which bike, anyway? There's a fair-few models that had shitty regulator-rectifiers from the factory, Suzukis (like mine) and some Yamahas particularly.

>disk lock and steering lock
>in a key locked garage box
>in a code locked building
>behind a code locked gate

It's not that bad, but the actual key to the bike is somewhere in that box, so basically it's unlocked.

It's not stored for winter, it's my main vehicle.

Since its gotten cold its has trouble starting. Takes about a minute of turning the display off and on, and the first few times it'll die instantly or not turn on at all despite turning and pressing the key.

I thought it was simply related to the coldness. Its about 3 degrees Celsius at the moment.

Yamaha's ybr

It's not really feasible to make a direct injection 2 stroke bike engine with high compression, and if you did, it would weigh so much you'd negate all advantages. It kinda works on snowmobiles and boats with low compression engines, but their power output per volume is crap.

Don't let the /wsg/ thread die

I have a motorized bicycle with a cheap chinese engine and it tops out at 23 mph with the muffler on. I took the muffler off now the engine goes much faster and tops out at 32 mph. Why is this?

Pic not related

It was restricted

Nigga plz

same reason people buy aftermarket exhausts for any bike

Go to a dealership and have them measure the battery health. Some will do it for free. Motorcycle batteries are expensive as fugg.

Anyways, anyone know what could have caused the misfiring of my YBR? I was pulling out of a parking spot with the engine still cold and it wouldn't accelerate cleanly. Just lurch forwards and backwards. It then dissapeared after a kilometer and never happened again.

I should also notice that it was raining, so did the rain water get on the spark plug? Because I rode in heavy rain before that and it ran fine.

how would one make a 250cc dirt bike as quiet as possible?

By not riding.

lel

Oh my bike is dead

what happened?

Did you try putting it in rice overnight?

I just parked it and now it won't turn on

Tried turning it on and off again?

That's transfer port injection, not direct injection

have you tried plugging it into the wall?

lel

inb4 kill switch

how come GR can ride them harder than anyone and it lasts while yamaha breaks

no kill switch and I'm currently stranded

how come the K5/K6 is still the unbeaten king of acceleration directly followed by another suzuki bike

streamable.com/1my95

put a big muffler on it that has proper internal baffle plates

it just doesn't crank or nothing even lights up?

HONDA CRF250L

Because fuck fiddling with it evey time you use it
Because fuck best weight to hp just because of this
Because just take it out of the garage and go. Go literally anywhere.

I love the whole concept of the crf250l and wr250r (i think it was), except the yamaha was discontinued.

Does anyone else enjoy this, purest, form of riding?

>asymmetrical headlight
way to fuck it up honda, also its supposed to look like a baby Africa Twin right?

Nothing. It won't turn on. Nothing. Literally nothing. The key is doing nothing.

Mine is symmetrical, the rally version has that wierd one though.

And i suppose it could be sort of like a babbys first africa twin

>leave buddys place
>insert key, turn it, wait for the pump to prime
>pres the ignition button, get greeted by utter silence
>it's dark, panic engages, keep pressing the ignition button
>nothing ever happens
>another buddy pushed me up and down the road, in an attempt to bump start it
>sound_of_silence.wmv
>think to myself: "Maybe the..."
>and_of_course_it_was.jpeg
>flipped the kill switch
>pressed the ignition button
>AND IT FUCKING STARTS
>rode off in utter defeat
>like a dog with its tail between its legs
>later successfully bump started it in 2nd gear, on first try

FUck my life

no way that's stock

I think they were just grabbing some inspiration from BMW, honestly looks cool post pics of you offroading it

Bike?

Ybr125. I was just posting about the battery.

Doesn't matter help should be coming anyway

When did you start?
gud choice btw

August 2015. I was thirty; a bit of a late start. This was a few days later; my first outing with CC on the trails behind his old house. Was funny shit; I got airborne literally within minutes of our ride start because I looked at an almost vertical tire cut that I did not want to hit and guess what? I hit it. Front fork compressed, sprang up, then the back tire hit and sprang up, kicked me in the ass right off the bike.

Oh, I thought you're the guy from earlier.

That's now a Snowcat level breakdown

tfw winter in california perfect for trail time

>tfw winter Cali is summer here

Is Abba stand okay?

I like your bike but it looks heavy? I'm worried that if you fail during a trial it might breaks something? What do you think?

should I ride 10 hours to a wedding

I don't think so. As far as I can tell it is styled after Honda's Dakar bike.

Nice Tuono! I've got an RSV4 and highly recommend the "comfort gel" seat that they sell for your bike. It's thinner than the stock Tuono seat but WAY more comfortable for all day riding.

I've got like 3 or four seats in my garage for my RSv4... had to try 'em all to find the best. And the best is the Tuono comfort gel. Your ass will thank you.

It's a Moto Professional. So I guess it's a chinese knockoff?

Thanks man, I'll have to give that a try. I don't mind it being thinner as it'd help me touch the ground a bit better, I find it a bit tall because I'm a manlet.

Also got this exhaust about a week ago, absolutely in love with it, sounds incredible.

only if wearing the tux

...what?

I would do it the day before and book a hotel for 2 days.

Its probably about 450 pounds with a full tank (10 gallons). I've had it fall on me a few times and it hasn't been an issue or hurt anything, but it would probably be a problem if I did more complex trails or I was older/weaker and unable to handle the weight.

Does the exhaust have any baffles in it to keep it quiet?

>Also got this exhaust about a week ago, absolutely in love with it, sounds incredible.

I've heard a few other bikes with that style exhaust. That V4 is gonna scream and sound amazing. I hope you plan on hitting up a trackday or three.

It has a baffle which I can remove, and do sometimes. If I'm going through urban or built up areas I put them in because it is unbelievably loud, but if I'm out on the twisties or country roads where there aren't many people to bother then I leave them out because it sounds superb.

>I hope you plan on hitting up a trackday or three.

I kinda want to because I know it's an incredible bike on track, and I am insured for track riding, but at the same time the prospect of stacking it on track puts me off too much, if I crashed, I wouldn't be able to afford to get back on it.

Thanks a lot for the infos.
Did you fell on rocks and stuff like that? Or mostly plain terrain (which explains why nothing broke) ?

that exhaust looks great

hi klr friend

Rode out to the range today and shot my .308 a bit.
Dead deer tomo.
Backstraps on the grill.

How's the FZ's and hot pockets doin today dbt?

The most difficult trails would be a little bit rockier than this, with a bike so big and heavy you eliminate technical trails that would otherwise be easy with a 250 or 400

Its an excellent bike for riding 200+miles on the highway, then exploring fireroads and OHV trails in the backcountry

Thanks mane, got it half price (£150 down from £300) in exchange for a review on my YT channel. Super happy with it, really impressed with the quality for such a low price too.