Practical

What's THE most practical car ever made?

Fuel efficiency/reliability/maintenance costs/repair costs/storage

A Toyota or Honda Minivan.

I got a 2002 Chrysler 300m Special. Has a 3.5L v6, FWD and has a 4 speed automatic. Very sporty car, get great milage, I recently drove from Toronto to Georgia to see MANCUP Finals. and averaged 24 mpg. Has over three hundred thousand kilometers and still runs like new! When i left Georgia i had my trunk and rear seat area loaded with bike parts and still had room for the suitcases!.

Corolla

Reliability so far is amazing no problems! Maintenance, i replace oil when ever it gets fairly dark. Just before it gets black, trans fluid i've replaced twice. Only real problem. I had a crack in my coolant tank. Psshh, Only a 25$ part.

GM B-body wagon.

>plain corporate powertrain found in every fucking GM sedan and truck in existence
>fix it with two wrenches and some zipties
>aftermarket is so big for the drivetrain it's ridiculous
>body on frame, if something doesn't fit make it fit
>lods of espace
>carry a whole family and all their shit on vacation for a week while still having the power to haul their boat

as a 240d
>bullet proof engine
>literally a taxi - dirt cheap parts
>built several million times, big used parts market
>even a sandnigger with a stick can fix it
>around 25mpg, but runs on worst fuel quality, even old cooking oil without conversion. You just need to clean the fuel system
>can haul a trailer or you get a wagon
>fits 3 bodies in the trunk easily

The only way these cars survive is if it STAYS in europe. In north america they're dog shit. They don't last. Motor and body wise. I've had 2. Got great milage but motor wouldn't last.

unironically Fiat Multipla

well you cant bee hooning a car like that
you need to drive super gently and the engine doesnt have heeps of power
It should be perfect for the us, because you get on the highway and drive all day long
>check oil weekly
>keep it fueled
>redo rust protection yearly
and you're good to go

>15 mpg
>nightmare to park

Both are only problems if you're a Europoor.

Props to that guy in the photo, though. Where the hell do you even find an Olds wagon in Germany (I think? plate isn't very clear), nevermind a two-year-only Custom Cruiser that only had around 10k sold total?

I'm guessing that at some point nobody in the US wanted it anymore and someone had the idea either as an individual import dealer or private person to import it to Germany because that's usually how American cars end up here. American cars aren't exactly worth a fortune here, but it can still net a slightly better profit for the American seller, and there's a small but dedicated fan community that'll happily drive them, even less popular stuff like midsize junk, four doors and wagons.

B-Body wagons in particular are relatively common for American car standards because for some reason the Dutch have a crazy hard-on for American hearses, and it was possible to fit a casket in these without stretching the body, so they were a preferred choice for Dutch imports brand new in the '90s.

Nissan Cube
Almost 35 mpg
Interior felt like an suv and you could fold down seats
Reliable as fuck only thing that ever broke was the vent selector because my gf would twist it harder than i do her nipples during foreplay
Small so I could park relatively anywhere so if I needed to store it it wouldn’t be an issue

But gas is also expensive in America and parking spots are largely standardized with average sedans in mind.

Škoda Octavia Scout
The All in one

This checks all the boxes

GEO METRO
E
O

M
E
T
R
O

Public service announcement: If your suggestion isn't a four door liftback, hatchback or station wagon it's immediately disqualified.

Honda fit 2015+

Eh, spare parts is a bigger issue.
So is milage, since thats a moving target.
How easy it is to do stuff like coating the car, is also a big issue.

Send it to the crusher

Mercury topaz

my truck

-50mpg
-carbureted
-4x4
-easy to repair
-oil changes are only 2.5L of oil
-900lb bed cargo capacity

Just bought a 2016 Mazda6 this weekend. It's got 4 doors, acres of room in the back, plenty of space in the trunk (boot if you drive on the wrong side of the road), a 6 speed manual transmission, decent enough power, and gets 40 em pee gees on the freeway. Surely the midsize sedan is the most practical car segment, and this is one of the best options in that class.

unIronically

i can't fucking find a good one.

i need a truck real fast and i'm gonna have to buy a bullshit peugeot expert or smth because all the rascals are either wayyy too expensive because they're equipped for camping (which i don't want) or they have a fucked head gasket/engine

why did they make such an awesome truck with such a shit engine ?

Only if you build it into an off-grid camper van.

Kinda this

The Toyota HiAce is here in Scandinavia looked at as possible the single most reliable thing to roll out of a factory.

They're not super economical when it comes to fuel, but the engines are really solid, they don't rust more than any other cars, parts are extremely cheap and easy to get, AWD (if they have it) work really well

There are plenty of companies here that are taking really good care of theirs (most are pushing twenty years, but there are some that are about ten) as its really hard to get a better workmans vehicle. You can buy a new Volkswagen Transporter, but the Toyotas are just that good and cheap to keep running that nobody really wants to switch over

Except for the fuel efficiency these are pretty decent
>+millions made, parts are cheap
>-Chrysler electronics
>+AMC i6 in most of them
>+decent cargo capacity
>some EU models had a diesel

The Volt is a four door hatchback.

but how did got out car

Literally Miata up until the storage part, but you can always get one of these.

That depends, what's the most practical amount of storage? More space affects fuel efficiency

Toyota Corolla

Not sure what year they became invincible, but my family has owned a 2005 Corolla for pretty much all of its miles, and we're rocking 270k right now. It's hit a sign, a tree, a cow, a deer, some snow, and it's been shot. Only have done regular maintenance and it still gets 35+ MPG.

Any nonturbo Subaru wagon gets my vote

>and it's been shot
nigga what

Unloading accident at the range.

>gas is expensive in America
Fucking lol, I’ve only been to Europe once, gas costs anywhere from double to triple what it does here. I’ll give you the parking spots one though, especially in urban areas.

Ford F6 with flathead v8. Indestructible if rebuilt with modern rings and bearing. Experienced engine builder can get 280 hp/350 lb ft of torque out of the flathead and the truck is maybe 3800 pounds. 1/8" steel will outlast you for sure. Can be repaired and rebuilt with a hand carry toolbox full of select tools. Fuel efficiency isn't horrible as those engines turn incredibly low rpm and move small amounts of air

I fit a 55-inch tv in it on Black Friday.

Good luck doing that in your 300Ms, Volts and Mazda 6s.

Can it do highway speed?

The Volt has a lot of room with the seats down.

e-Golf has more.

3k civic with no simple mods. Tons of room, fuel efficient, fwd for winter grip gainz, will run forever, all parts cheap af, easy to fix, will make all bitches wet within 53 miles. Really the most practical car, all things considered.