Pop-up headlights on a budget

What's the best cheap car with pop-up headlights?

old 80's Accords, Celicas, Preludes, Probes

How are the maintenance costs though?

Most expensive things will be trim/panel/lights, most shared parts with other cars.

Just get an old Celica

Miata

not so on a budget anymore

Firebird (late 80s are cool imo)
Fiero

pontiacs are dirt cheap even when clean. not amazingly reliable but not the worst

as someone else said, the Celica (like the 90s one that had a famous rally variant) is cool and prolly the cheapest? first of all, it's a 90s Toyota. 2nd - the flip up lights fold down into the car so perfectly that a lot of ppl don't even know they're flip ups lol

i'm a flipup light nerd. mine are on an S13 hatchback. if you spend a lil more and get an S13 you will have a RWD car that is fucking fun as shit to slide around in 2nd gear and in America the stock KA engines aren't nearly as bad as ppl make them out to be

this is correct
that pictured celica is pretty cheap to buy and maintain

other option: MR2s if you aren't afraid of rust and just want to meme

these have all practically disapeered off the face of the earth
I've only seen one in the wild

T/A or Formula
~5k-6k

yosss

first-gen Integra

Can I daily a 1988 celica that has 100k miles?

In other words: is it reliable?

Mazda 323F

1g eclipse

I bought a 93 Miata for $1500 and while some rust is making it a bit of a difficult project, it's got pop up lights which I love and it's a blast to drive

Btw it came with a turbo although it's not installed and needs basically everything but the turbo and the manifold

A Daytona es is super cheap, but also kinda risky.

Prelude

Yes
It's an old car though. Prepared to do some maintenance, it'll be cheap though dw eBay and rocknauto are your friend

i daily a 1977 celica. fuck yeah they are reliable.

>had a choice between a only decade old mazda 6 or a 92 Celica GT
>Went with the celica for aesthetic and I wanted something kinda unique compared to everything else.

How poor are you?
You can buy a clean one for $2k