Honda fag here

Newfag here, is it worth buying a s2000 today? If yes, which year? If not, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tQ3x462rlmg
youtube.com/watch?v=bMYeoRDalaI
youtube.com/watch?v=HgzmsUrvoug
youtube.com/watch?v=e6F11TQOmwE
youtube.com/watch?v=Nl5cFzcZ8YY
youtube.com/watch?v=B4iz-VVap1w
youtube.com/watch?v=1hH7TVT3U0E
youtube.com/watch?v=KUFFudEJnjk&t=27s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

s2ks are shit just buy a $3k miata

Shit car. It would be good if it was cheaper of if you have infinite money. For what it is and given the market, its might as well be a huuuuuuge piece of shit.

no
if you want to meme about hp/l get a bike or a kei car with a bike engine
if you want a sports car just get anything else for those 20k's
fc, miata, mk3 supra, porsche.
anything.

I've heard rumors that the later ones are more manageable.

Disregard the retards and get one if you like it.

I'd buy a cayman/boxster for that kinda money desu senpai.

but can a cayman rev to 9K?

WAY overpriced for what they are
Really cool cars though

Delete the rev limiter and it can, it only holds back it's true performance anyway.

Depends.

I'd go with the AP1 if you can find one under 100k miles and good condition for under 12k. They are appreciating as well, so it's a good investment and a super fun car.

what does revving high even do other than make loud noises? Such a stupid fucking thing to have a claim to fame for this car.
Even then, a rotary Rx7 can outperform it and rev higher.

S2k is a fucking idiotmobile

well the AP2 is the only one worth having

and I really want one

but then I think about how I could get a good FD or build a 500hp 2JZ JZX/is300/SC300 or get two R32 GTST sedans fuck it, or any number of better things you can get for 15-20k

>what does revving do

S2ks are a memecar, but if you dont rip skids at the optimal rev band youre an idiot poser its not just about muh noise it has actual application outside of your uni parking lot

I wanted one for a while but the Honda le epic Vtec meme tax on these things are outrageous. You're better off with an NC Miata.
>inb4 hurr pigfat ugliest Miata
youtube.com/watch?v=tQ3x462rlmg

And what do you drive? you fucking retard.

They're rarer cars now so they're pretty inflated in their price, you'll want one made in 2004 or later because that has the larger engine

>if you don't do (memetic stupid shit) then you're a poser
says the fucking poser

An HHR, because unlike you I actually have friends to haul around, fucktard. I don't need to rev the fucking engine. I just need to get where I want to go.

>I just need to get where I want to go.
then buy a civic for 3k and be done with it

>HHR

its just another way to make power and it happens to sound really good

this, also VTEC

A car not made for little faggot bois like you. S2k is a piece of trash car. Glad you seem upset. You should be if you wasted your money on one.

>rev past peak power band
wow good job dumbass

dealer let me have one for 30 days about 4-5 years back when I was shopping for a new convertible coupe.
I ended up with a nc mx5 that was way cheaper to purchase, mod and insure
i really wanted the s2k but couldn't justify the rice tax at every point
get what you want and can afford opee

>peak power band

you realize these type of engines are designed to make their power way the fuck up there right?

or are you retarded enough to assume that every engine makes power down low?

VTEC is a meme

get your information everywhere else but Veeky Forums, nothing but salty faggots here.

What happened to Veeky Forums?... they used to recognize the S2k as one of the all time greats. Just because they've become a bit expens- ohhhh I get it

Yea fuck S2Gays. Piece of shit meme car that sucks ass and is worse than a 3k miata

If you have the money and the will to take care of this car, get it. I know they are expensive, but again, it's your money and this is supposed to be a free world.

Disregard all the haters, they just jelly.

I'm not trolling. Speaks volumes how you're so fucking stupid you cant believe someone would think a little honda ricebox thats overpriced as fuck, is overrated and driven by cuckboys.

Get out

OP, would you rather be seen in the masculine s2000? Or be seen in the hairdresser's cuckwagon?

>HHR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That explains why you're so butthurt about the S2K, you drive a faggot shitbox.

No really? what do you drive? you retarded poorfaggot.

People hate what they can't have.

Veeky Forums is filled to the brim with faggots in their shitboxes like

a c5 is better in every way

>c5
delusional
youtube.com/watch?v=1hH7TVT3U0E
>it's like a sponge if you ask me
>well I wouldn't exactly call this a joy to drive
>dangerous

insecure japs making excuses for inability to properly handle v8 power.
seems to be a parallel 'tween them and you... (just sayin')

>I don't need to rev the fucking engine. I just need to get where I want to go.

Sounds like we got an outsider, fellas

>driver who has won lemans

>lemans will save me from the c5 being better than the s2k

Buying one of these riceboi econoboxes falls apart when you consider what else you can buy with the money. So many other better cars.
Literally just paying for fast and furious tier bullshit.

I drive a car much better than yours. More tasteful too.

You could buy 15 miatas for the price of one busted up shitty s2k. Not saying a miata is an amazing car, but its cheap as fuck because people know what they're worth.

>An HHR

Veeky Forums everyone

Ive had my 2003 since 2002 when I got it with 11k miles on it. Ive put about 70k miles on it, loved just about every second of it. Top down all the time. I picked up a 2007 Z06 in September and drive that for 2 and a half months until I washed it Friday and left her in the garage for the winter. Today was the first day I drove my s2000 and god was it weird. Obviously you get used to clutch and steering but it is night and day. It really makes me yearn for the torque of that big LS7. I havent devcided if I want to sell it or not yet but it definitely doesnt give me the boner it once did after driving my vette.

>You could buy 15 miatas for the price of one busted up shitty s2k. Not saying a miata is an amazing car, but its cheap as fuck because people know what they're worth.
what the fuck is 15 junkyard tier miatas going to do for you?

Also, who defends their HHR? Just accept that youre gay.

>what the fuck is 15 junkyard tier miatas going to do for you?
Fun.
You could buy one miata and then a nice DD.
You cant make an argument to purchase an S2k financially. You cant make an argument sportswise either, considering that for the money you can get something better. If you had infinite money, there are way too many more awesome cars to buy than a shitty japanese economy car with a high revving engine.
Its just a faggot car for ricers.

>shitty japanese economy car with a high revving engine.

>I drive a much better car than you.

No, you actually don't but keep defending your ugly shitbox mommy handed down to you.

>his underperforming moneypit of a car gets insulted and thrashed
>cant actually say any positives about his japcrap box
>"y-yeah well ur mommy!1!!!"

wew lad

>So buttmad that he can't tell the difference between an S2K and an MR-S

>So buttmad about not owning an S2K that he makes up any excuse for it while defending the HHR his parents handed down to him

You can't make this shit up.

What does the girl you orbit think of your faggy lil HHR? ;^)

Don't listen to the 2 jealousfags in here that can't afford one with their Mcdonalds paycheques, one of them actually drives an HHR lmao

The S2000 is an awesome little car.

I want Honda to bring back the S2000.
There needs to be a fun to drive roaster for people who are too tall for a MX-5 and too poor for a Z4.

My midlife crisis is waiting on the return of the S2000, Honda. Get to it.

>OH My GOD, have you seen is gay little stationwaggon?

>lmao his mummy probably gave him that ugly thing

>He actually said "because unlike you I actually have friends to haul around. I don't need to rev the engine. I just need to get where I want to go" while I tricked him into driving me to Tyreese's house

If you want a FR Honda, get a 2001 ap1 s2k. If you want a more fun and affordable Honda, get a CRX and swap in a b18c. If you must have a FR, you might as well get an imported skyline gts (no, not a gtr). It will cost about the same

the F20C makes peak power at 8300 rpm and revs to 8800.

>HHR
>get to where you want to go

A tow yard?

>europoors vote the cheapest car the best episode

why could this be?

le jokey car show

>HHR

lmao off to reddit you go

>mUmmy
Fuck off britbong

Bus riders and Miata drivers that couldn't afford a better car are out in full force

Almost as bad as a PT cruiser

>HHR

Hey, the turbo pt isn't that bad for a chrysler shitbox...

What wing is that?

S2k is superior to miata in every conceivable way

S2000s are much heavier, but otherwise, you are right.

Inb4 Mopar user posts his 11sec pt cruiser with "a few simple mods"

I'd like to see that

I dont know about him, but I'll have you know that MY PT cruiser does 9's all day long on the 1/4 strip with some easy mods. They're fast cars.

You guys are just being mean cause I'm not not a faggot like you.

Honestly there is nothing you can say to defend yourself faggot.

Stop being mean to me.

Honestly it isn't that great, my modded crown vic would absolutely wreck it on the strip and at the track and it looks better.

But, muh hp/L bro.

>drag strip
Wow this 2L roadster wasn’t made for the drag strip in mind
>looks better
>

See? I got doubles. That means I'm not a faggot, fucktard.

>track
Yeah, fucking right.

That doesn’t change anything homo.

S2000 is still one of the greatest roadsters of all time, for these reasons

1. The F20 is a monster and can take a TON of boost
youtube.com/watch?v=KUFFudEJnjk&t=27s
2. The chassis was developed as a roadster initially so it doesn't have the 'convertible tax' that befalls the 370z, mustang, etc
3. True 50:50 weight distribution
4. One of the raciest powerbands you'll ever find in a street car
5. Regardless of the sportiness, it's still as dead reliable as any other Honda

S2000's are awesome, anyone that says otherwise is either an ignorant highway cruiser who only understands 'sheer raw power' (more like the 230hp out of their crown vic V8) or they just throw it in the same box as all the other 4-banger convertibles

Just because I love driving a practical car i got for free from my parents, I'm a homo? You must be a real looser, homo.

race me fag

panthers are among the most classy and beautiful cars ever made i wish i could afford the merc version but my crown vic is nice too

You type like a homo, drive like a homo and probably suck dick like a homo. You are 100% a homo.

Stop talking to that faggot. It's clearly b8.

I'M NOT A HOMO

Stop taking the bait! What are you 12.
>pic related is user

s2000s are awesome, and I want one.

However, I am not shelling out 10k for one with 100 thousands miles.

you know you can get them with the same drive train as a SRT4? that engine can get 400HP pretty easily.

I owned a 2001 S2K for 3 years and it was fun as hell to drive but not best for a DD unless you are a manlet twink. On top of that you live in constant fear of something breaking not because its poorly built but because you want to rail it to enjoy it and everything for them is a bit pricey due to rice tax. If i could do it all over id get a miata to strip out and throw a v8 in it or build a kart out of one.

>doesn't and has never owned one
>ap2 is the only one worth having
Why even give an opinion?

Ex-AP1/AP2 owner, the car was great and all that, but it was dog ass slow. Even if you autocross you're going to get shit on by a lot of newer stuff.

>MUH HANDLING
Plenty of cars can handle like that, the steering is the only thing I'd say you'd have more trouble emulating.
>MUH FEELS
Plenty of cars feel that direct.

TL;DR - Was a great choice for 10-12k. Not a great choice now that it's rice taxed to the mid 20's. C5Z/C6 Corvette is the best choice for that price if you want handling and speed. E46 M3, WRX, 3/S TT, 03/04 Cobra, 03/04 Mach 1, etc. if you don't autocross or open track.

>on the strip
>drag
>racing

pick one

Aren't they just a Cobalt with a disgusting body on it? It doesn't sound that Terrible from a maintenance standpoint.

Great chassis but stupid slow. I remember the mcm one made 180hp~ on a dyno. It's competition for the frs.

>HHR

This better be b8 or user is literally the biggest faggot in this thread

>hhr

If you want to buy an s2000 buy one now , they won't depreciate much anymore. The price is only getting higher due to it being a somewhat rare rwd Honda . Also fast and furious / rice tax

That user here. I wrote that post giggling like like a little toddler after shitting on the kitchen floor as a present for mommy. Yeah, it's b8. And it worked beautifully.

>lies about having owned an s2000
Steering feel is one of the few major problems with the s2000, not a strength. It has electric power steering. You are either lying or are an idiot who never gave the car a good drive.

>15 miatas for 1 beat up s2k
Wrong. I got mine for $4k. Salvage title and faded paint, but body straight and mechanically sound. Way better than "busted up shitty", in fact.

>track
Nope

this

Nobody fucking cares about the shitty pt cruiser.