Veeky Forums so I want to get a motorcycle because I have a 10 mile commute and would rather not spend hours on the bus...

Veeky Forums so I want to get a motorcycle because I have a 10 mile commute and would rather not spend hours on the bus and hundreds on bus tickets. BUT my parents don't like it

I'm 18, what do I do?

buy it and ride it
dumbass

Take the motorcycle learners course to make sure it's for you and don't give a fugg about what your parents think.

Buy it, it can be fun. But just make sure it isn't your ONLY method for getting around.

Honor your father and mother

my dad said he would disown me or kick me out of the house

Then get the Fuck out of the house, you will never get to make your own decisions till you are living under your own roof.

Move out and disown him first. I bet it would sting him more than it would you.

>FF 12 years
>d-dad can I go out with my friends tonight?

where would I go I make £7800 a year

negro you probably can't even afford insurance

I can afford the insurance and road tax

>YBR-125
>£500/yr insurance
>£40/yr road tax

Make more monies, then move the fuck out, buy your own shit and pay your own bills, then do whatever the fuck you want.

T. Moved out at 16

you fuckin moved out at 16 where the fuck do you live where somehow it was financially feasible for you to move out

Buy... A car?

Somewhere shitty with two or three room(flat?)mates. Then get your car, live of ramen for a year or two and fight for a better job. That's how a lot of us started out.
A lot of us did that, and for the most part we turned out better than the people who waited at home till everything was perfect.
Do it OP, quit being your parent's kid and start being your own man.

your right there but its uncertain I'll wait a month to consolidate funds then move closer to my job

My parents are alcohols, had to get outta there. Started out renting a room in 10th grade from a friend and working evenings and weekends in a body shop for a friend of a friend. I'd mask and sand vehicles for cheap paint jobs and body work. Did that till I graduated high school, worked all summer after grad doing maintenance work for a small town nursing home, cut and sold firewood on the side for cash monies.

Took 1 year community college, moved to another city and started as a truck/diesel apprentice at 18.

I'll be 24 next week, now a licenced diesel tech. and currently work for the government in highway maintenance making a comfortable amount of sheckels

Ask for a slow 250 or 150 bike, or a moped/scooter, and buy a bright neon riding jacket with reflective stripes and a good full helmet to convince them you'll be safe and slow.

After that, keep begging for permission. Eventually they'll give up and get you the slow bike you wanted. Then over the years they will be comfortable with you to move up to a 500 or 650 bike, and by that point you're an independent adult.

t. my story

Also don't forget to remind your parents everyday how much cheaper motorcycles, even new ones, are compared to cars, and how fuel efficient it is.

Should add that my social life was almost non existant, had maybe 2 closish friends. Had a fiance and a 3 year old daughter. I still see my daughter usually 3 days a week now so all is good.

49cc moped

Buy a normal bike or a moped

>I have a 10 mile commute

125cc Moped, problem solved, if its a work commute you dont want gears

>his parents don't pay for his car payments, insurance and his college
I would curse my parents out if they did something like that.

Get ahold of yourself you fucking cuckold.

all you can do is get a cheap shitbox unless you really want to move out for an object

Buy it anyway: they spent nearly two decades raising you they aren't going to give up on you that easily.

t. fuckup who's done much worse

You probably are not going to read this but im actually proud of you

Thank you user

kys