Should I do it Veeky Forums?

Should I do it Veeky Forums?

yes go commit murder/suicide

Wait for the 2018

Unless you intend to only use it to off-road, wait for the 2018. The JL is a significant improvement to the JK for on-road livability.

Why?

NO.
get an old wrangler, they won't disintegrate after 20 minutes

>ordering a car straight from the factory
99.9% of Veeky Forumstists will never experience this (including me)

Who cares as long as you get a 10/100k warranty

that's when the new automatic knob shifters come out!

because it's better in every way.

Ehhhh... The new factory will come online next year, along with the pickup version. I'd wait to see if the pick up is honestly cool or not. Depends on what you want it for, I think the pickup would need quite a bit of after market bits to get looking good compared to the stock Jeep. Stock Jeep is a classic look, but who knows with the pickup.

Wouldn't want a pickup. More interested in a light weight trail machine with a short wheelbase.

If you love wind noise and water leaking into the cabin then go for it. If you want an automobile that at least tries to live up to some standard of quality, you should check out anything else.

buy a tj for 10k

2018 has all the improvements, check hp_overload video on YouTube of LA Auto Show

not only is suicide recommended, but it's the only way to get to heaven

I didnt know they still made cars where you had to buy AC still....

Link?

Absolutely, unless you plan on lifting it, get a d44 front axel. Pay no attention to the shitbox drivers here.

*d44 if you plan on running 35" or larger tires

So don't get it if I plan on lifting it?

wow these things are only $25k new? thought they'd be more...

Because you'll be able to get a much better deal on the outgoing wrangler.

They shoot up in price REAL fucking fast when you start adding any options. But yeah, if you just stick with the base they're actually a pretty dang good value.

True. I thought you were saying wait to buy the 2018 because it has better gearing or something

wait for the 18 you fucking mong

Don't you need to dump another $20k into it to make it decent off road?

Depends on your definition of decent. I'd say they're more than decent base.

Wait for the 18 to buy the 17?

wait for 2019 and buy the 2018

If you get it in that configuration, and use 35" or larger tire you'll pop your front axel eventually if you use it off road. To avoid this, get the rubicon or be ready to replace the d35 for a d44.