Has Veeky Forums ever driven in a foreign country?

Has Veeky Forums ever driven in a foreign country?

bonus points if
>it was your first time in that country
>you drove your own car

>need to park
>no sign saying not to, just a large P sign
>vehicle towed away and have to pay fine
>hungarian police only speaks hungarian and 1 german word
>"genug Forint?"

Got my first ever ticket in Hungary, about 3 weeks ago. I've driven in Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Poland and Croatia. Most of it before owning my own car, and later in my own car.
Belgium was definitely the worst imo.

Planning on taking a car tour in an R32 during a trip to Japan. I am also curious as to other's experiences with different traffic laws or chassis layouts. Is right hand drive easy to pick up?

When I went to the UK I took a Focus ST as rental but I couldn't handle shifting to the other side so I swapped it for a 320d. Feels bad man.

Yes. Even did some 160km/h on the highway under heavy rain. Nice.

yes
yes

last year I crossed the andes and visited the pacific ocean with my 2003 golf 2.0

Drove on a 4 lane highway in Mexico that was repaved, but no lines painted, everyone just wandering everywhere.

Feels really odd to maneuver in tight spots but natural while at speed (to me). Manual is a bit weird because I feel like upshift should be away from my body and downshift closer, but that part you get used to pretty quickly.

Lol I just did that. Took me a full day to get used to driving on the other side. Bit overwhelming trying to pay attention to everything and shift with the hand you have never shifted before. If you are doing just like a mountain pass its probably gonna be a lot easier, but if your doing Tokyo good luck buddy. The r32-34 are fat cars and Japan streets are super tight.

>1. time in country, own car
Luxembourg
>own car
Germany
Netherlands
Belgium
France
>other countrys
Sweden
USA
Spain (Tenneriffe, lots of twisties)

Soon:
UK
Italy(?)
Poland(?)

Uruguayan? I went from Santiago to BS in my Focus :3 Sadly the car ferry to Montevideo was too expensive.

I plan to drive to Sao Paulo next year.

driven in malaysia and in india.

fuck driving in india

Sort of, I got my license in the US then I moved to Australia where I got my license, I assume America was the foreign country because I am Australian born.

It is known Belgians drive like shit.
I drove in Antwerpen which kind of sucked, but mostly in the Ardennen (nature area) which is interesting since its very hilly and a lot of backroads

You’re gonna slam your right hand into the door half a dozen times trying to shift and it’s annoying af.

>Planning on taking a car tour in an R32 during a trip to Japan
howd you plan this?

Drove a shitbox pegeot in El Salvador.
Here are my take aways

>beware of missing manhole covers
>people stop in your lane for any reason
>dont get in an accident
>very few enforced traffic laws
>don't stop for anyone at night

I've driven in Fiji, New Caledonia, New Zealand and South Africa (I'm Australian). New Caledonia was depressing, half the cars were these 30 year old rustbuckets that should have been deemed unroadworthy years ago, and the other half of cars are brand new Mercedes and Ford F-trucks.

I'm an Australian, driven in the US on two separate holidays, driving on the "wrong" side of the road only took about an hour to get used to.
I've also ridden a scooter in Indonesia which was pretty alright.

Monaco - Milan - Geneva
Via lots of mountains, from the UK.

>inb4 girls car.
2.8 was great for the trip.

I live in the Netherlands where the roads are boring as hell, but I sometimes drive to germany as they have marvelous mountain roads there

From the UK
Driven rentals in Aus which is practically the same, and in the US. Driving on the other side was fine
Also drove my own car from the UK to the Nurburgring. Doing roundabouts the wrong way took getting used to. Being in an RHD car on the right wasn't too bad but when I tried out my friend's car (LHD manual) that really screwed with my brain, I kept reaching for a shifter that wasn't there

>>don't stop for anyone at night
Is that from your personal experience or did someone told you that?

yes
>own car
Luxembourg (first time there)
France
>own bike
France
Belgium (first time)
Nederlands
>other car
USA
Italy

Italian, I remember first time I drove outside my country was in Croatia like a month after I got license.

Was around 12 years ago on holiday with parents and I tried my father's bmw 530d, almost shrekt myself on a corner because roads were extra slippery in that town near Pola.

pretty much all of europe except for a few countries

Yes, but only partial bonus points of driving my own car in some of those countries. Also have visited them before driving there so no points of that.

Countries where I have driven a car:
Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Germany, Austria, Italy, France, Spain and Greece.