I just semi-blindly purchased a 1999 1.9L Audi A3

I just semi-blindly purchased a 1999 1.9L Audi A3
What can you tell me about it
Did I dun goofd?

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com/search?search_category=cars&search_location=united kingdom&q=audi a3 1.9 tdi&min_price=&max_price=1200
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>1.9L

I'm assuming TDi.
If so, you did good. Absolutely bombproof even with only mild maintenance.

Yeah it is, I forgot to add
Also forgot to mention it was 1500€
Is that a dece price or did I get scammed
It's in pretty good condition

How many km does it say? And if it sounds good while driving then you did good. Also check the fluids

Depends on the location.
If Eastern Europe, you could have done better maybe.
If otoh somewhere like in here (Portugal), then pic related, incredibly cheap.

Sounds fine I suppose, I don't remember the mileage - I'll get back to you on that

>1999
Yep. Just before it all went to shit.
You did okay.

Does it have any sign of degradtion in the electrics?
Sometimes when they get older the looms can rot and you get parasitic drain eating the battery.
If you don't have any of that, you got a good one.

>steelies
Damn, they look way better than I thought they would.

I'm in Lithuania, most used cars here are way more expensive for some reason than places like UK and Germany (where the cars are probably stolen from)

Haven't inspected the looms but I did have to replace the battery, thanks for the heads up, I'll take a closer look

Even if you do have "bad" looms, it will still be perfectly usable if you can't afford the money/time to find which ones are shit and replace them.
So long as you drive it (or at least run the engine) every day it will be fine.

If you do notice the battery draining, try pulling the fuse for the interior lights and see if that makes a difference. (it's either #13 or #14 I can't remember.)
That would at least narrow down the list of culprits and/or make it less of a hassle to live with.

I'll certainly pay attention to it, cheers

>steelies
OP pic isn't mine, mine has alloys
not sure how I feel about that desu, considering winters here are rough

It's a mk4 Golf with a nicer interior and four rings on the front. Shouldn't cost you too much to keep running, especially with the 1.9 TDI under the hood.

oh hey i've got a similar one
2002 98 000 km (61k miles)
1.6L gas, automatic
my problems so far :
-takes a while to heat up
-coolant temp probe busted and reads erratic/too cold
-ECU doesn't talk to my bluetooth OBD anymore, i don't know my way around fuses though

It's really comfortable with alcantara seats and it has cruise control, but it has bad sound isolation and no overdrive (4 spd) so 80mph is 4000 rpm which is fucking horrendous, but it's good in the city

It's got ~217000 km
So I've heard, are the internal parts interchangeable with golf parts?
>Takes a while to heat up
Do you mean the engine, or inside the car? I ask because my AC seems to be busted, when I drive and put it on full temp and full blast, the windows don't demist and in fact can go even more misty instead

>98k km

Holy fuck they are expensive over there

gumtree.com/search?search_category=cars&search_location=united kingdom&q=audi a3 1.9 tdi&min_price=&max_price=1200

The entire drivetrain is lifted straight from the Golf, and I wouldn't be surprised if the suspension components were interchangeable between the two as well.

Neat

i mean i can provide proof but what is so hard to believe about 98k

Bought it from my mum's friend as my first car earlier this year for 2600€. 2002 5 door 1.8 n/a model.
A little pricey, I know, but I thought it's okay since people you've known for a long time can be trusted, right? Well not exactly. It turns out that her mechanic must have been a crook of some kind and kept half-assing maintenance and repairs. I had to spend another 350€ for new bushings, fixing the handbrake (the rear calipers were completely seized by the way) and I had to replace spark plugs and the ignition wires because one of the wires kept popping out of the coil. Also the catalytic converter is giving me an error code.

In short, now I think I really could have done better but I wasn't really much of a car guy before.

Despite all of this though, I still really really grew to like and enjoy this car and I'm going to take care of it as best as I can.

Bought mine with 1.8l na for 3500 aussibux

It's a fun little car and the amount of cabin storage space is God damn unbelievably good

>2002 98 000 km (61k miles)
Maybe it was at under 100k 10 years ago
>1.6L gas, automatic
Why would you get an automatic?
>my problems so far :
>-takes a while to heat up
>-coolant temp probe busted and reads erratic/too cold
>-ECU doesn't talk to my bluetooth OBD anymore, i don't know my way around fuses though
Flush the heater core

Unlucky m8, I feel like I might end up in the same situation
I bought mine from my gfs father's friend, he trusts him and swears by his honesty but I have a strong feeling we're getting conned
Stingy bastard didn't even drop the price even though it needed a new battery

here's proof, my inspection from a few days ago
>Why would you get an automatic?
bought in a hurry, i needed a car quickly, i don't really have a preference since it only makes 100 hp, it's nice in traffic jams
>Flush the heater core
thanks, i'll try that, i need to replace the probe too, cause for all i know the engine might be overheating

Hey even if you end up having to fix some shit, you're still going to have a good car. After I dealt with some of the initial problems I haven't had any issues since and things are looking pretty alright right now. (Also I kinda overstated the cost of repairs it was more like 215€). In the end it is a really nice car and I love owning it. Anyway best of luck to you!