European here looking for a car

european here looking for a car.
I got 12k Euros and want to buy my first car. I can wrench a bit, though don't have a garage or advanced tools at home. I want something special, something that isn't that common on the streets, and can fit at least 4 people (so no MX5)

I thought about some of the following cars, though I am not sure how many are actually worth buying:
-Nissan 200SX Turbo (S13)
-Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T
-Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T (will probably propel me into a tree lol)
-Nissan Skyline R34 25GT
-Nissan Stagea
-Toyota JZX100 (depends if one is for sale, won't import)
-Toyota Soarer
-BMW E38 730/735/740i
-Opel Calibra Turbo 4x4
-VW Corrado G60

I don't care about the transmission. Please don't suggest me 3 or 5 series BMW, don't want to be a "kebab-bomber"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dMNbJ7U2Um0
youtube.com/watch?v=i0QXpmK2LYs
youtube.com/watch?v=EcfeLRHIEzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>-Toyota Soarer

Great car

comfy and is relatively cheap, so I put it on the list

As someone who owns an R33 GTST I can say they are fucking wonderful to drive. Stock they have enough power to slip a little and be fun, but generally during aggressive driving they hunker down and glue themselves to the road. R32 GTSTs are good too, but the R33s have a few more modernizations that make them easier to live with IMO and the RB25DET has a fair bit more grunt than the RB20. You could probably go for an R34 is you want to look like a fucking hooligan dickhead.

Stageas are generally great as well, but do't expect them to perform like the "R34 Wagon" everybody always assumes they are, though they will get there with a bit of modification. Generally what you'll want to upgrade is the suspension to be a bit tighter, and some of the usual engine bits to get more horses out of it. Being more modern as well they have a lot more creature comforts again. Just don't expect them to be good looking stock either, as you'll need some body mods to make it look better. Stock it really is fuck-ugly.

As for cars not on your list, Imprezas are always a popular choice and they'll make your mum and insurance happy being AWD and super safe. If you don't want to look like a chav you could also look at Subaru Libertys. They're much more subtle looking cars, but the performance packages can really pack a good punch, and they're also symmetrical AWD.

Oh also, don't be afraid of getting a coupe Skyline. Being '90s cars they are shockingly enough actually practical to a degree. I can get two people comfortably in the back and the boot is a reasonable size. It's never ever going to be as practical as a wagon obviously, or even a sedan, but it's a lot better than people give them credit for. Not like modern coupes where you could maybe fit a person in if you sawed their legs off (I'm looking at you, GT86).

>-Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T (will probably propel me into a tree lol)
ironically i put mine into a fence so dont joke about this

Get the GTR if you can.

why are these so high in the ass?

I'm not sure if i can trust myself 250hp lol

I don't have any handling expectations for a car since I just drove me moms hatchback. They're cheaper than any R-Chassis for sale though.

Haven't looked into Imprezas. as they're rather rare in Europe. And many base models, I don't want some lame 1.6 Boxer, and the only 2.0s are Hawk and Blobeye WRX STIs

I don't have to sit in the back, my friends have to :b - but almost everything is better than a MX5, I can pick up 2/3 people and go out somewhere when I want to. I just think the Sedans look a lil bit better, but I'll have to look into the market.

find me a GTR for 12k in Europe which isn't beat to shit

as an American i cannot even consider a skyline for that kind of money

remember, your first car isn't going to be your last, it doesnt have to be super special

we have to pay 20-30k+ for one and their all modified to fuck aka ruined

my sister got an almost brand new Corsa sponsored (5 months old), for the money I want something cool that doesn't depreciate in price anymore.

japanese classics has you covered though, you can pick up a R32 GTS-T for 12-14k

You say this like it's a bad this. Stock ride height actually makes GTRs look more lithe and sharp imo.

Nah you gotta stance them and make them useless yuleh

I didnt mean stance it i just think it looks a little off, like it needs to have some aero or something or bigger rubber wheel wall profile

It makes them more attractive. Especially when you accelerate.

muh squat? my irs v body does this too

these are not stock rims

>-Nissan 200SX Turbo (S13)
Naw dude
>-Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T
Just naw
>-Nissan Skyline R33 GTS-T (will probably
propel me into a tree lol)
Fine if you accept them as a relatively shitty skidmobile, all have been thrashed so find one that's been fixed
>-Nissan Skyline R34 25GT
It's like an R33 but more expensive
>-Nissan Stagea
No skidz, AWD skidline without being as thrashed
>-Toyota JZX100 (depends if one is for sale, won't import)
Either thrashed or $20k
>-Toyota Soarer
Pretty gud, make sure you keep enough money to put a new ECU in immediately as the factory ones are all fucked
>-BMW E38 730/735/740i
Are you a fully certified electrician with at least 5 years of on the job experience? If no, then fuck no
>-Opel Calibra Turbo 4x4
Ain't know shit about these
>-VW Corrado G60
VW, which means it's just as unreliable as a 300k mile R33 skidline with 20" chrome wheels on the front and space savers on the rear, only not fun at the same time

is stock skyline exhaust under the rear frame/diff?

my v body also has this its fucking ANNOYING

>scrape
>SCRAPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's fair enough. If you're honestly that worried about handling the HP then get an auto. I've driven an auto R33 GTST and my own manual one and the auto gearbox is actually really nice, I genuinely almost bought it over the one I got in the end. The GTST auto trans is 4-speed and has an overdrive switch on the stick.

I really was amazed at how relaxed and docile the car was in overdrive mode. It sticks in higher gears and tach sits at around 1000rpm, with boost kicking in at 2.5k. This means you can drive it around fairly economically and it behaves really politely. When you turn OD off the tach sits at about 2.5k while moving without input, so it always has boost going and it becomes really nippy and responsive. Fuckin' '90s Nissan knew how to make an actually good sporty automatic, I was shocked. Ended up with manual though coz I'm a bit of a hoon. I honestly don't think you'll have trouble with it though if you get an auto, which will probably be cheaper too.

I'd have a look into some Subarus as well though. the EJ engines are fuckin' rock solid and good fun. Like I said, maybe look into Liberty models, like a B4 or GT or something. the 2.0l engines are good all-rounders, though they can seem oil eventually from the head

lol nah I actually like stock height cars. My R33 is stock height and as a result it doesn't look fucking pigfat like people always complain about.

>I'm not sure if i can trust myself 250hp lol
350rwhp is fuck all these days.

get good tyres,brakes and suspention and learn how to drive.
i never drove a auto one but 4speeds dull whatever engine is unfortunate enough to be infront of it.
this

OP dont drop it.

Where is the scirocco tsi?

and reasoning behind the "naw" ?
I could pick up a stock JZX100 for 8 grand with 166ks on the clock and an auto, doesn't seem too bad. Gonna get fucked with spare parts though since I have to get JDM parts

in the trash where it belongs

I'm just worried that the R33 maintenance costs will eat my wallet, but maybe I am overreacting

there are no 2.0s here, that's the shit. I ain't driving a 1.6 Subaru :^)

Either quality parts or no mods at all, I am not a cheapskate with that

>reasoning behind the "naw" ?
S13s and R32s come in 2 flavors:
Disgusting heap of shit
or
doesn't seem too bad
Prepare to be surprised.

On that list i'd probably look around at soarers, especially if you want to stick with autos. They're sporty GT cars with an extremely good engine and the ability to use plentiful, cheap parts like MK3 or MK4 supra diffs, LS400 brakes, whatever seats, etc.

Speaking of lexii, are things like Aristos or Cedrics available in euroland?

>sexiest hot hatch in the world
>trash

Wouldn't expect more from a weeb car lover

I wouldn't be so sure of that, the auto I drove was really genuinely impressive. Obviously longer gearing lets is down a bit but because it's a turbo I6 it's got buckets of power all the way across the powerband anyway.

Maintainence costs likely won't be anywhere near as bad as you've heard. Mine is fine, however of course mine is a unicorn of sorts, being completely refurbished head to toe by the last owner then forced to sell by his bitch wife.
Either way you'll be able to account for costs, mostly by over-estimating, and then when service costs aren't as bad as you thought you'll have some dosh left over for personal stuff.

That's a bummer about the lack of 2.0s. My last car was a Liberty with the 2.5l and it was wonderful.

Please stop posting inane shit without any backing. You are talking our your ass so far it's not even funny.

hes another shitposting aussie that doesnt know what his talking about.

T. aussie
nah brah dont get the auto.

200SX use the CA18DET only, they have oil cooling issues and thus burn headgasket cylinder 3/4 and have rod bearing damage because of that. Oilcooler and Turbotimer would be the first thing to install, then you're fine. Rust issues is also a thing on sideskirts, rear arches, rear spoiler/trunk and strut towers.

I am not a stralian, so we import the good cars, not the trash ones you got or the jdm missiles.

there are some Aristos, but they're just GS300. Haven't heard of any Cedrics, there's one unicorn Cedric for sale with 33k kms.

desu didn't knew it was prime time for Stralians

who the fuck added the desu thing, I never typed that

Well shit man, I guess he'll die then. He did say he didn't car about transmission didn't he? Nobody else gonna buy the autos, so he might as well buy something less potent that'll be cheaper up front and won't kill him on the first corner.

He's just looking for his first car baka, not a goddamned street machine.

well its much of a muchness

4speeds run out of gears = shit top speed BUT are more durable than the glass 5 speed gtst manuals

>12k
>first car
Get a cheap beater and then upgrade after a while, you fucking moron.

All true. Guy just wants a good and fun first car, so lower top speed seems like an actual good idea.

Hell, where we are at now as well, mid '90s models will be classics in two years time. He could hold onto one and keep it in the best shape he could and as stock as possible then possibly sell it for a profit in a few years time when he's ready to move up. Hell, even autos will be selling for more, especially with the ready availability of R34 manual conversions around, at least in my areas. You'd want an R34 GTT gearbox anyway since they're literally the same but a but tougher.

Classic registration here is at 30 years old, which eliminates a lot of taxes. Can't modify the car though, only period-correct tuning (10 years younger than car allowed)

So? Just use old style mods then

Aah that's a shame. Classic rego is 25 years here. That's what I'm going to do in a few years time at least. In the mean time I'm just gonna enjoy the shit out of and maintain it best I can then sell it when the time comes.

tfw Americans bought all R32s

12k for your first car?
Also everything in that list ist probably going to kill you if you dont kill it first. Also leave the G60s alone, they are getting rare.

Get a semi modern hot hatch.

fuck hot hatches, they're boring as shit and look like every other hatchback out there

jfc that R32 is butt ugly

stanceshits OUT

>posts car with same fitment

hypocrite shits get out

>fitment
>car is participating in motorsports.

youtube.com/watch?v=dMNbJ7U2Um0
youtube.com/watch?v=i0QXpmK2LYs
youtube.com/watch?v=EcfeLRHIEzw

while OP's car is literally posing for a picture.

get fucked you stupid cuck

>comes to thread, doesn't contribute helpful information
>posts driftcar with fucked fenders and fucked rear bumper fitment
>wouldn't actually know if OP's car participates in street drifting
>calls others cuck

insecure much? fuck off if you aren't contributing

You ain't fitting 4 people in a corrado.

well it has 4 seats, the tallest goes in the front, the rear passengers can get fucked.

suck my dick from the back weeb.

That is disgusting. Literally snapback wearing vapefag tier disgusting

snapback wearing vapers drive stanced volkswagens and other euro cars.

Drifting is just a motorsport anyone can partake in. You sound mad you drive a boring econobox and change its oil every 3k miles so you consider yourself a "car enthusiast"

Uh oh, someone didn't got their daily attention by their moma

Here, have your (you)

You do know that skylines, stagea and jzx100 are rhd only

So?

Here's a (you) back

thanks user. Suck my dink from the back btw

here have another one

bump

Fuck Muslims. You engineered and produced these cars, own them ffs. It's like people that refuse to own a clean Civic Si because of ricers with their fart cans. Fuck cliches and own a car you will enjoy.

the E46 and E39 are getting old and beaten to shit and I don't know if I can afford an E60/E90

>toyota soarer
>comfy

KEK

this man. only saw it once in europe. it was in the UK

Front conversion is pricey and fibreglass, not sure if I want to spend the money trying to intimidate something it will never be