/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk about Sonic's stuff! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #831 - IDW Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

Archie Sonic Officially Cancelled; Not the End of Sonic in Comics
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/887809496898088960

Several Sonic Events Happening at San Diego Comic-Con 2017
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sounds-of-sonic-music-event-set-for-san-diego-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes-panel-at-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-augmented-reality-experience-coming-to-sdcc/

>General Interest Links

POST YFW COMICS ARE BACK

GET FUCKED

>ABT just tweeted "wew, the ride never ends"
>post yfw when he & Ian are back for IDW!Sonic

QUICKLY. SONIC IS ABOUT TO FALL VICTIM TO THE SPIKE GLITCH IN SONIC 1. TO SAVE HIM, YOU HAVE TO NAME YOUR FAVORITE VOCAL TRACK FROM THE ENTIRE SONIC FRANCHISE.

Alright, IDWSonic.

What is the most likely scenario?

What is your most wanted scenario?

Live and learn.

Cosmic eternity

Unknown from M.E. (SA2 Version)

INFINITE

>What is the most likely scenario?
Fresh reboot.
>What is your most wanted scenario?
Fresh reboot.

PRESS F TO MAKE KEN EAT SHIT

Your reign of terror is over, Enchilada Man.

you have no power anymore, BE GONE!!

Reboot again from #1, world is game centric, cartoon characters and OCs are included but given less focus (for example, Freedom Fighters are treated more like Honey and Breezie in post-reboot Archie).

Exactly that, but with them releasing a completed trade of Mega Drive and someone leaking the Bunnie/Blaze comic.

THIS MACHINE

Game-centric reboot for both.

GAmes only, hard reboot
A comic that mostly adheres to the games and plays it safe for a while. After a year or two, they announce Sonic Legacy, which basically picks up from where Archie Sonic left off

And they rerelease the first two Mega Drives an cap it off with Overdrive

>most likely
Hard reboot, massive focus on just the main four, arcs with plots like the SA games, nice art and fairly innoffensive material.

>Most wanted
FF manage to hold on, more focus on side characters like Knuckles and Shadow, and character interation like Cream and Rouge etc, overarching plot with Eggman

Fresh reboot.

Crossover with another IDW Brand. Hopefully not horses

BTFO
T
F
O

You lose again, fat man!

is legal user still here? I want to ask you something

Unknown From M.E.

Source? If that's the case, then the comics would have already dropped the FFs before, meaning it would save work to draw them while gaining more profit, especially when this were at the time SEGA weren't supervisioning the comics.

Rotor won't come back.

Rotor will come back, with bonus of being more inclined to game material than comic exclusive material.

HAHAHA
This man now can't touch the Sonic comics after this.
Yeah, Archie's fucked, but that's just Archie being affected now, the stupid fuckers.
I hope ABT, Hesse, Flynn, Baker etc all know where to get other work. Lucky they're freelancers really, can't get affected too much if the company goes down the shitter.

GET FUCKED, FAN FICTION WRITER

SEGA already said they like the comics as a separate continuity, so that's not happening.

The most likely scenario is gonna be comedy-centric plotlines that last, at most, two issues. It'll be styled much like the MLP comics. Expect Teen Titans Go-esque material.

Hurst is laffing at you in the Void you hack

>The most likely scenario is gonna be comedy-centric plotlines that last, at most, two issues.
Then it should be a Sonic Boom book.

With Me and What I'm Made Of.

So let me get this straight.

>Sonic comic is rebooting under IDW
>But fan-favorite creators like Flynn are probably coming back
>And they never have to worry about Penders again because he was only fucking things up due to Archie incompetance

Am I missing anything important?

>SEGA already said they like the comics as a separate continuity, so that's not happening.
"Game-centric" being the same as the post-reboot Archie comic, where the world is the world of the games with all the game locations, instead of a completely different world like in the cartoons or pre-reboot comics.

INFINITE

>Most likely
Reboot world similar to Archie Post-SGW continuity. Freedom Fighters exist but are in similar position to other cartoon imports and game B-listers (Chaotix, Breezie, etc.)

>Most wanted
Same continuity with some way of getting people up to speed without expecting them to read all the Archie stuff.

It Doesn't Matter SA2 version.

Well, they got Sonic Boom for that stuff.
Say what you will about Sega, but at least now they have their tones spread out.
So like Boom has comedy one plot per episode fun, X was Animu, Games are now pretty bland but predictable for kids, and the comic had the crap for the older readers who wanted more story.

I think if they're going to be doing the comic, it won't be like Archie with the 50 issue arcs, but it'll be a bit more serious than the games.

>Sonic comic is rebooting under IDW
We don't know if they are rebooting, we just know they will be making a Sonic book.
>But fan-favorite creators like Flynn are probably coming back
They are speaking to them, no guarantees.
>And they never have to worry about Penders again because he was only fucking things up due to Archie incompetance
Depends if they reprint Archie stuff or not.

NO! THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING! KNUCKLES IS MINE! MINE, MINE, MINE, MINE!!! JUST YOU WAIT, IDW! JUST YOU FUCKING WAIT!

I appreciate your filenames.

Post YFW Ken Penders can never have influence on Sonic in any way ever again.

BTFO

>separate continuity
does this mean we can go full autism with old legally owned parts of the franchise as well as new shit? I never really got a chance to read the comics yet but I really liked Gold's, Finitevus', Nicole's, and the fish people designs.

his reaction to this will be interesting. you can't blame him for being spiteful towards archie comics considering how shitty that company has been. let's see if he resents the comic itself for moving on without him

1) With Me
2) Dreams of an Absolution (LB vs JS remix)
3) What I'm Made Of

Waking Up

Would you actually get angry if they did a MLP crossover?
I actually think it'd be cool if they handle it properly.

LSC-Lazy Shit Catastrophe!

I'm sure this question was asked in the previous thread but I'll ask it.

If Sonic was to Crossover with another IDW comic...which would it be and why?

Fresh reboot focusing on Sonic/Tails/Eggman, occassionally featuring other friends/antagonists.

Tied closer to the games, picking up with the idea of the Resistance fighting against Eggman, with more focus on side characters than Sonic.

At the very least, give us a Sonic Universe reboot for that. The Sonic comics are always at their best when Sonic isn't the protagonist.

>does this mean we can go full autism with old legally owned parts of the franchise as well as new shit?
Ian has mentioned on a few recent Bumblekasts that SEGA only really likes what's current with Sonic and are not keen on touching older properties like X or the OVA.

idk probably open your heart but i'm not sure
how does this save him though?

Have there been horses in Sonic before? Are they more like Horace Horsecollar or like MLP style?

Hopefully none, at least for like 30 issues so the sonic comic can get off the ground

Hopefully Buddy shows up in the new comic.

TMNT because attitude.

Ghostbusters, since it can be due to Sony doing the live action movie

My Little Pony. It's the most likely when you really think about it. And no I'm not being a fucking autist. I'm being serious.

Some characters like Boller's were dropped preemptively. I doubt they will be back. In his case specifically though I don't think he would mind.

>working on a vocaroo parody for last thread
>see the news
>lose my shit
Do you have any idea how much I WASN'T expecting this? When they said "later date" I was thinking October or something.

The only horses I know of were the horses in the pre-reboot comics, and they looked like, well, this.

I don't think the Freedom Fighters will be back, but I do think artists will sneak them into crowd shots and such.

I might have pitied him somewhat if I had the impression he were a real artist, but he has shown that he doesn't want to work hard for is craft, he just wants attention. All these years he's wasted he could have been working in improving his drawing skills, or publishing a webcomic, or something. But he didn't do anything but cause trouble for everyone while playing the victim.

well guys, it looks like there's going to be "sonic vs rainbow dash" official material

Praying for them to keep the Freedom Fighters, that's all I want.

Don't forget those reject Scooby Jew villains running Archie. They can crash and burn as fast as they please now.

>yfw he manages to get into IDW the same way he got into Archie and gets to write the stories again

Look-a-like

ON A SUNDAY
RIDING MY BIKE

This wouldn't be the end of the world. Any Sonic fan who actually thinks it is needs to step off their high horse.

I thought X and OVA were untouchable due to legal wrangling?

Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
I mean, yeah, autists and autists and people will laugh, but people will laugh at Sonic regardless.
It's not the worst crossover thing he'll have been in, I'm sure we all remember that Penders crossover.

Though on a related note he has said SEGA was okay with them using concepts from Chronicles , such as the Nocturnus. They just didn't because they knew it would trigger Penders, despite him having even less legal ground than suing Archie.

Sonic isn't for me anymore. Literally nothing about Forces is what I want out of the series. I didn't want vocal themes, I didn't want alternate gameplay styles, I didnt want edgy plots and edgier new characters, I didn't want talking in stages, I didn't want a character creator, I didn't want a totally confused identity as to what Sonic even is, I didn't want mindless nostalgia pandering to an era when Sonic was at it's lowest. I didn't just not ask for this; i actively didn't want it.

Thank you. I'm rather a little flattered at least two persons (not counting you) here grabbed my images with my unique filenames, especially when english isn't my native language. You could say I just like writing boring but interesting formal details.

Reboot

More honey.

>turning this shit bait post into pasta
Why bother?

I think people would actually burn their offices down if that happened and declare it a Crusade sent by God himself if Penders pulls any shit like that.

I'm positive they probably have a strict NO PENDERS clause in any Sega mandates, and probably the rest of the group that tried to sue for Donut Steels.

Please look forward to it

Gotta go fast

Shut up, Azoo

Did you lose your shit while recording? That'd be fun to hear.

If Ian comes back, he'll have a new editor. One that can keep him on a leash.

Does IDW mean the Nocturnus tribe can finally appear? We NEED more Shade and Ix.

>implying it would be bad

Mods = fags

Flash crossover
I am sure that DC would agree to it given their previous Batman/TMNT collab.

Saving this image before it's removed.

i'm pretty sure he's blacklisted from working with sonic

It's a meme so is it acceptable?