Hey there guys, I bought a 3k 2003 RX8 and I was reading up on forced induction...

Hey there guys, I bought a 3k 2003 RX8 and I was reading up on forced induction. I'm looking for about 350hp if that's attainable (what really bugs me is the lack of low-medium end power, it's all up there). I've read about a 5k turbo kit with a 2k ECU that mskes about 360hp, made by Protech. Does anyone know where can I get this from or if it's worth my while? Anything I can do about the turbo lag?

Perhaps look for a kit with a smaller than average turbo. It won't make so much top end power but will spool up much faster and give you more in the lower end.

>what really bugs me is the lack of low-medium end power

You picked the wrong engine boio. If you turbo it you're just gonna get stuck with turbo lag meaning all of your power is still 'up there'.

Most you can do is get a smaller turbo, one that'll hopefully spool up sooner than later.

How can I check if its smaller than average? I mean how large is an average turbo so I can compare it?

I"ve also thought about supercharging it. Would supercharging be better for the RX8?

Why is he literally roasting a bone? I hope people aren't this sheltered.

>>spending money on an rx8
save your pennies for a rebuild young one it will be much sooner than you think

This. Get a small twinscroll and it will help your lower and midrange, but rotaries are basically meant to go into the 8k range for power.

Shut up and buy a 3k civic.

M8 for the money you spent destroying your reinesis apex seals you might as well but a REW and swap it jn, or better yet buy a turbo 2 project and daily your reliable (for a rotary) rx8. The rx8 is all about the chassis not the engine anyway.
Like if you want to turbo the reinesis for some reason you're going to have to rebuild it to use 3mm ceramic seals anyway, then you have to get a standalone and do all kinds of niggery. It'll suck

Have you considered looking into shorter gear ratios that'll help acceleration?

If you don't like the engine feel just save up for a swap when it blows, and unironically go the LS route.

Lots of deserted RX8s where I live, people try to sell them because they can't pay for it's gas and don't know how to treat a rotary thinking not revving it saves it from wear. Pretty sure I could get their engines for pennies

Already have a 3k car m8

Not a snowflake "look at me piston peasants xdddd" but I love rotaries themselves as much as the RX8s chassis. I love it's feel but it could use some more power

>turbo 2
?

>implying they even know how to take the engine out
>implying they won't sell it to the scrapper / trade it In to a dealership

Yeah, they are cool just for being different even if they're not the best.

They're all in a "junkyard" (more like a car collection yard) so they're already sold. What's interesting is that the place has some clean FD RX7's. Maybe I could use one of these engines?

Where is this yard

Cyprus lel

FUCK.
FD's are hella hard to come by in the states. If you can get a clean chassis, buy it from the scrap yard.

You know I was thinking about getting an RX7 instead but the 8 is superior in everything apart from power

Everything in that yard looks intact, and there's like 7 of them there. I thought they were common in the US?

>reinesis
>this whole post

>doesn't know what the rx7 turbo 2 is
Don't attempt to turbk charge this thing you WILL break it i garuntee it
Also fyi:
>the rx7 turbo 2 was the first of the turbocharged rotaries sold outside of Japan, it feautured the 200 hp series 5 13bt engine mated to the outstanding second generation rx7 chassis, the rx7 turbo 2 has been featured in many car related tv shows and movies, including initial D.
>many consider the car to be a future classic due to its rarity and it being the pinnacle of 80's Mazda.
A turbo 2 can be had for the price of your faggoty turbo kit that I promise you will not make 350hp and you won't have to learn much of anything besides premixing if you want it to last a long time.

Engine swapping is a TAD more difficult than turbocharging

Where would I even get such an engine

Nigger a turbo 2 is a car not an engine wtf.
And it's actually about the same difficulty, you're going to have to pull the engine regardless do it right. Keep in mind all the 13b's, including the shitty reinesis in the rx8 are the same basic block and parts. They even use the same mounts lmao. My car will be getting an rx8 eccentric shaft when I get to tuning it in February
I own an rx7 I'm not some retard about this stuff

Lmao are you talking about an FB's engine? Sorry I'm not that experienced with cars

Please do not turbo charge that rx8 if your room temperature IQ ass can't figure out what a rx7 turbo 2 is you shouldn't even touch a car let alone perform a major upgrade

Read
>call people retarded and give a you to the wrong person

Why are Veeky Forums's tripfags more cancerous than normal tripfags? My IQ seriously drops whenever I read one of their posts.

most tripfags here are wh*te subhumans so they aren't very intelligent

lol, spotted the brainlet yuro mutt.

i am not European you dumb amerifat??

sperg more

sperg more soyboi cuckold

Fuck off nigger

obsessed, keep repeating what I said autismo.

sperg more.

>he thinks I'm shitnigger

sperg more

>cuckold does what he is told
good boy. now do it again and sperg morr

keep being a nigger with no place in society, the day of the rope shall befall you soon.

I'm not going to die for 40-50 years.

get over it cuckold

What did I say that was cancerous lol. This person does not know anything about his car and is asking help with turbochargers, a thread died for this faggotry

whatdyatalkinabeet?

>buying a used rotary and thinking you won't have to rebuild it
Lmao. 98% of non functioning rx8s are that way because the engine is fucked

why on earth would you turbo a 13b-msp? the entire point is it makes exceptional power naturally aspirated with a 9.5k redline. If it was any other 13b you could swap in a lower compression rotating assembly and be fine, but the renesis seals are completely different, and low comp rx8 rotors are not a thing.

If you want to do the renesis right:
>balance rotating assembly (factory QC on msp rotors is horrible)
>remove rev limiter (balanced assembly will do 11k reliably)
>bridgeport
>aftermarket exhaust
>ECU & rich tune

>>balance rotating assembly
in the US, would i have to ship my parts somewhere to get them balanced? or might there be somewhere near me that can balance the rotary's parts (in NY)?

You'd definitely have to ship it out to a specialized shop, its a big job. idk what you've got near you for rotary shops but the big two I know of in North America are
>CLR Motorsport in Florida
and
>Rx7 Specialties in Alberta
Expect it to be pricey, might be worth asking some smaller rotary shops.

>CLR Motorsport in Florida
>and
>Rx7 Specialties in Alberta

>its a big job
thank you