Why are americans too stupid to drive a manual?

Why are americans too stupid to drive a manual?

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/car-shows/los-angeles-auto-show/a13980316/you-can-thank-america-for-the-manual-transmission-porsche-911-gt3/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>guaranteed replies
>OP is too stupid to drive a manual semi truck/lorry
We’re not, most are simply too scared to, out of fear of messing the car up

They're not stupid, it's just that they have sausage fingers and are generally too fat.

>Mustang is manual
>Camaro is manual
>Challenger is manual
>Corvette is manual
>Wrangler is manual
>GT350 is manual-only
>1LE is manual-only
>Viper is manual-only
>Focus ST/RS is manual-only
>new Saleen and Hennessy are both manual
>manual 911's only exist because people in USA buy them

roadandtrack.com/car-shows/los-angeles-auto-show/a13980316/you-can-thank-america-for-the-manual-transmission-porsche-911-gt3/

We can if we want to have fun. If we just want to go A-to-B, we can afford automatics, which Euros would buy too if they weren't poor.

>We’re not, most are simply too scared to, out of fear of messing the car up

We're not stupid...we are just idiots. Y'know.

I'm trying, I'm just bad at it right now. Maybe I'll get to a reasonable level eventually
>entire area around me is hilly and sloped
>mfw having to stop

fpbp you can delete your dumb thread now OP

What car is that its fucking ugly looks like a cadillac or a corvette maybe camaro idk some GM trash i assume. look at the terrible layout and the stupid dildo shifter the cheap plastic hurts my eyes and that bad sewing on the upholstery and so much touch screens. no thanks i will stick to my european luxury

>in car with fat ass
>so fat he keeps nudging the stick with his fucking obese stomach and pushing it out of gear
thats probably why

>Americans can't drive stick

this is some next level memings

no lie it looks like anus

Its an alfa dude

That's a big fucking racer.

>spend money to develop a performance sedan
>give it a carbon shaft, a carbon roof and hood to mantain the weight as low as possible
>give it perfect 50:50 weight distribution
>that obese pile of shit ruins everything

doesnt change anything

You're gunna make it bud. 3 months into learning myself, getting better everyday. Sucks I have a fairly new and nice vehicle, but the clutch feel is notoriously bad on the five speed. I do have hill assist though, not sure how to turn it off.

I literally just don't want to. It seems totally pointless for a morning commute where I'm just trying to get to work/home while navigating around faggots in Hyundai Velosters riding their brakes, assholes in Toyobarus riding my bumper, bitches in Lexus LCs not paying attention when the light changes green. Not really the appropriate venue to get any enjoyment out of shifting my own gears.

thin privilege strikes again

The worst thing is that they even find it difficult, considered that they drive big torquey engines that pull in the exact moment you depress the clutch pedal.

Try doing the same in a fucking european 0.9L NA shitbox and see for yourself what difficulty feels like. Once you learn this way you'll be able to drive almost every manual car.

two of your three sentences arent valid anymore

>tfw we put battery in the trunk to optimize weight distribution but sheer obesity of american driver fucks everything up

I'm an American and I DD a manual. Checkmate Athiests.

Because manual is a meme for most everyone except driving enthusiasts, and people that need tow heavy shit a lot.

it's just that they have regulations that make autos impossible to get there hands on without a mental background, criminal background, and income check.

Why are euros too stupid to make a good thread?

It would be Australia per capita if luxury car tax wasnt so insane

no one cares about ifs

Most yuros are too stupid to do it, but they try anyway

manual transmissions are for poor people and everyone in America is rich

what the fuck are you talking about

too many impatient fucks at the lights. and traffic. so much traffic.

I can drive manual.

Why are Europeans too stupid to drive cars with over 150hp? btw the majority of your semi tractors in Europe are automatic. Shit even the steering wheel holders here can handle a stick.

I'm an American who daily drives a loud manual muscle car. SMD.

I daily drive a manual.
The reason nobody drives manual is not because they're stupid. A borderline retard, like myself, can learn manual just fine and master it pretty quickly.
The reason Americans don't drive manual is because of consumer market pressures in the 60s and 70s, which means nowadays manuals are rare outside of sports cars.
Believe me, if manuals were as common as they are in Europe in the US, Americans would have no problem.

No, it's American's don't want to be bothered with extra work when daily driving. We want that intimate experience really only when doing something performance, like at the track or a weekend drive. It's not the market forcing it that way in the 60s/70s, it's consumer preference changed our market.

Most Europeans drive automatics as well.

Most black people drive auto only. It's why manual cars are seen as a defence against theft.

I would like to drive a manual but no one I know owns one. Therefore I can't learn.

>Most black people drive auto only
this.

Also, why do negroes always rest their hand on the gear selector?
bugs me whenever I take uber (for some reason it's only africans who drive uber in my city)

That means you need to nut the fuck up and buy one of your own, kid. Ain't nobody gonna just hand it to you.

>clutchless shift with stomach fat

Impressive

It's not stupidity, it's laziness.

Why would they drive stick when automagic exists and is easier.

>3 months

No

i didnt post that but whatever

>that fitbit

Great pic.

I am too smart to drive an automatic? I have literally no idea how to operate it.

Simply because we dont really feel the need for more power. A 150hp diesel is the sweet spot for a dd in most european countries.
American roads are much wider(or fat), and you tend to need alot more power just to not feel slow.

Inferior genetics, culture that values obedience over independent thought, mass laziness, and anti-intellectualism that says knowing things others don't is wrong.

>Average Americans "poor" can't drive stick

Rich can do anything

This. When will europoors wake up and realize that their companies started the DCT trend and are killing the stick shift

>> w-w-wwwe just d-don’t want all that power. We could handle it if we wanted to! S-s-s-stupid Americans!

>Europoors

Enjoy paying for your healthcare insurance.

___

Regarding OP, it's just cultural, in USA most cars are automatic so normal people doesn't bother to learn how a manual works, but anyone who loves cars should know how to drive a manual.

It's hilarious that euroz believe driving a manual transmission is mentally challenging. Almonds, etc.

We don't, we're laughing at you, because you actually do.

Not what Op thinks sweetheart. Why aren't your tractors manual?

>Why are americans too stupid to drive a manual?
>Not what Op thinks sweetheart

Are you having trouble with your own language?

That implies you have to be """"""smart"""""" to handle a manual, sugerbuns

No, it implies you're too stupid even for a simple task like that, porkchops.

Honeybun, I dd a un-synchronized 13 speed manual semi-articulated road tractor. Something you are unable to do.

>dding a tracktor

Sorry for not being a villager, cutiepants. I drive cars.

And I make 75k holding a steering wheel shifting gears all day. Is that what you love doing? Driving a manual all day?

And I program robots to drive manuals and make that in two weeks.

Revelations 21:8

why are there more drivers in America that drive a manual than there are entire driving populations of most countries in Europe?

>bragging about learning stick to make a measily 75k when children lean that for fun

Typical american.

Claiming you make 1.875 million a year as a code monkey, it should be pretty easy for you to afford a Bugatti or two. Pics?

I didn't.

American here:
American driving education does not train drivers in a manual vehicle, probably to expedite the learning process, while I do think that this is a bit irresponsible, it is what it is. I myself do not know how to drive manual, (I understand how to do it, I'm just terrible in practice) but do want to learn how, just to widen my options when looking for a used car.
The real reason (other than driver's education failing many of us) is just that the culture for a long time prized the automatic transmission, and there are tangible benefits to having a car equipped with it. At the end of the day, a car is a mode of transportation, and was designed for you to be lazy in, it's some damn seats on wheels with air conditioning and for a lot of people, driving stick is a bit of an unnecessary hassle. Whether or not it's "actually really easy", it's still more of a pain then driving auto.

Driving auto is a pain, because it's so boring and gay.

There's no fucking manual cars anymore genius

This is about the response i expected.
I mean, that's actually incorrect.

>it's another "obvious shitpost will hit bump limit while legitimate discussion threads fall to page 11 with not a backward glance from anyone" episode

If automatic transmissions were as expensive in America as they are in other countries, I think more Americans would drive manual. It's not that they're too stupid to, it's just that they see no reason to when they only need a few hundred bucks more to get an automatic, which nowadays has more speeds and offers faster acceleration and better mileage. 8, 9, and 10 speed automatics are everywhere, whereas you're lucky to get even six speeds in the few cars that still offer a manual in the base model.

I'm one of the seven or so americans who dailies a manual, and I do so for two reasons: One, it keeps me focused on driving, and two, it keeps Jamal from stealing my shitbox.

>what's 2+2?
>4
>about the response I expected

You smart user.

>lol why is army too stupid to use bolt action rifle anymore
this is you, faggot. eat a sack of cock.

>americans are cucks and let tyrones steal their cars willingly

All I read.

RSVP you fuckin' cucklord.
>muh manly obsolete bullshit
get rekt

Thanks

You mean they are rare and have become a incredible small niche

How is this specific to Americans? European and Asian automakers hardly even offer manuals anymore, and if they do it'll come as an option most of the time.

thank you based 'merican automakers
t.europoor

proof?

>7 speeds
>having to shift through them manually

No thanks. Nothing like a good ol' 5 speed manual.

Exactly. I actually feel like im about to fall asleep at the wheel when "driving" an auto. Like you can stop, go, and steer and thats literally it

You can thank the model T and the early development of automatic transmissions in America for the cultural acceptance of automatic transmissions.

t. Millennial with ADHD and an 12 second attention span

>be stupid american
>actually drives manual
?

jesus fucking christ, cucks like you are why we can't have nice things here

>I-I-i don't need unlimited speeds on the autobahn, 120km/h is p-p-perfectly s-s-sufficient

Well duh, your 150ps diesel cuckmobile can't go any faster, and you feel your nonexistent masculinity further diminished by murat overtaking you in his leased 330ci

cucks like you catering to the greens and reds are ruining this country

>not twin stick
sissy

also, nobody gives a shit if theres a sloppy ass manual in your 1.0tsi polo, it doesn't change the (((((driving dynamics))))) one bit.

Manuals are fun in sports cars, nobody gives a shit otherwise

Most post war euro cars were less than 1 litre 50hp tin cans, they simply couldn't handle a torque converter. That, coupled with the insane taxation schemes, made the manual the dominant choice in Europe. Has absolutely nothing to do with /0/ memes.

>drives an autotragic
>calls anyone a millennial

They don't make my model of personal vehicle with a manual, and I'm
. I see no need to limit myself in choice of vehicles just so I can brag on the internet. Pushing a clutch in to change gears is so passe to me now anyway.

>They don't make my model of personal vehicle with a manual

Fuck does this mean? Yeah they do.

No sweetie, they don't last year they did was 2003. I've looked into a manual swap, but it involves a new transfer case, and cutting the frame. No thanks.

>low range has a high range

wtf

>honeybun
>sweetie

Wow, you some kinda closet fag or something?

This is some hxc projection