/UPG/: UnderPowered General

You may only post in this thread if you meet one of the following criteria:
>your shitbox weighs over 4000 lbs
>your shitbox is a V6 I6 I4 4 Cylinder or less
>your shitbox makes 250hp or less
>your shitbox is FWD

Post pics justify why you bought what you bought plans for it etc etc

Other urls found in this thread:

admiral.com/magazine/car-insurance/the-10-cheapest-cars-for-young-drivers-to-insure
uswitch.com/car-insurance/the-cheapest-cars-to-insure/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Audi A3 with 1.8l na

It's comfy, smol, qt and fun,

needing power for fun means you're a brainlet

My car weighs around 1700 lbs, but meets rest of criteria. Is literal commie shitbox made from plastic.

Would not trade for anything else.

ctsv
It is fast, comfortable, reliable, and handles well for its size. Not to mention it looks completely different than anything on the road for the price.

Thats enough power, why not the 1.9tdi tho? Even better performance, gets twice the mpg and its more reliable.

150kw 5ltr v8 masterrace checking in

Wanted an A3 8L in particular, and finding them in Diesel in Aus is close to impossible.

Plus the 1.8 20v has a fucken sexy noise

>150kw from a 5 liter v8

>hair over 2000lb
>3cyl
>59hp
>FWD

The interior is huge, my legs are massive and it's the only car in its class I can drive comfortably. It also sounds like an angry motorcycle and is surprisingly chuckable. Original owner bought the sound pack so my only complaints are power and no side bolstering on the seats.

I bought it because I'm a new driver in the UK and this is in the lowest insurance group of 50. Still paid £1700 but it's literally as cheap as I could have got it. I'll get an EP3 Type R in a few years, mum had two lower spec EP3s and it's the car I've spent the most time in total. Good car.

post pictures of this trabant you're talking about

All the power of an ecobox with the consumption of a drag car, my man. Still flogs the arse off all the new shitbox sedans that claim 200kw tho.

Audi A2
3 cylinder 1.4 TDI
950Kg's (2000 lbs)
90hp

It ain't even as bad as you might think. It's definitely not a performance car, but it is fun to drive around, almost gokart like handling. The engine is very efficient, 540km/25 liters diesel.
And the aluminium chassis memes on rust.

Pic related is my Audi 80 Avant Quattro

Around 3300 lbs with the LPG installation, 2.6L V6 making 150 hp from the factory, probably around 130 hp now.

It's very fun in the snow.

I have a 1991 300D W124
Great car
>80kw
>Audi A2
This is going to be a collector in the future

>5000 lbs empty
>235hp from an 4.7 V8

That's muh good truck

>4,500 lbs empty
>83hp out of a 2.7l i4

That's muh wurk truk

Guess which one has the 1700lbs payload and which has the 2860lbs payload.

2003 Toyota Yaris
lplpL4 1.3 86HP
870kg
My first car, bought second hand in perfect condition. Interiors are worn but the car is still going strong.

>Still paid £1700 but it's literally as cheap as I could have got it

You should have gotten a granny wagon and you could have been getting £700 insurance quotes.

That's 900l of fuel right there.

>little over 1000 kg
>I4
>125 hp
>FWD
Pic from google since I dont have pictures of my actual car. bought it because it's actually fun to drive.

What part of "as cheap as possible" do you not get? It's underpowered, it's common, it's safe, it's relatively recent and it's small. I literally could not have gotten a lower insurance payment.

Bear in mind, London, new driver, male.

>I literally could not have gotten a lower insurance payment.

That's because you don't understand how it works. A car driven commonly by young males will demand higher insurance premiums.

If you got a Skoda Fabia wagon of the same year and double the power you would be looking at the same premium.

Not to mention the car is red. Red = £300 added onto your premium.

The least that anyone I know is paying is £1600 and he's in another cuckbox. I quoted a Passat estate, silver, because I was considering buying it off my grandfather and they wanted £2k.

admiral.com/magazine/car-insurance/the-10-cheapest-cars-for-young-drivers-to-insure

uswitch.com/car-insurance/the-cheapest-cars-to-insure/

As much as VW are trying to advertise otherwise, this doesn't seem to be a "young person" car. Every other person I've seen driving one looked mid thirties at the youngest.

I have a serious soft spot for A2's

If I had the money I'd buy one to mod and see what I could do to it, some serious potential for coolness

Definite future collector car

If you crash it then slink the engine in a MK4 Fiesta Zetec S, some proper good fun when you do that

The 1.7 is the engine it should've come with

What's it like on an AX?

I live in the countryside and it was £670 for my first year with no black box on a 1.0 4 speed

AX?

And mine is with a black box.

Yeah an old Citroën AX, what's it like quite wise on one?

Wonderful.

2500lbs
V6
130hp
No tork
FWD

HAHAHA

HOW

I know that if I declare the mods on my car the cheapest quote is £10,000

But £4000 to insure a 1.0 AX is fucking retarded

With a years no claims I can insure an FD for a grand with no black box

Base-model winter shitbox:
>3100lbs
>2.4l i4
>150hp/189tq
>Automagic
>FWD
>worn out watts link
>only one working speaker and it’s mostly blown
>broken interior retaining clips everywhere=many many rattles

All-in-all I can’t complain though.it was a free car and has been mechanically reliable for 30k winter miles.

2007 Hyundai Santa Fe
V6
185 HP
4022 lbs
4 speed auto
FWD
I would get rid of it if it wasn't so fun spinning the tires 24/7

I'm guessing Dodge Stratus...

>your shitbox weighs over 4000 lbs
Yes.
>your shitbox is a V6 I6 I4 4 Cylinder or less
Yes.
>your shitbox makes 250hp or less
Yes.
>your shitbox is FWD
RWD.

Picture is not mine.

>tfw boxer engine

>25hp 1974 Beetle

$300 shitbox especial, 1981 Toyota Corona.

>75hp
>1000kg
>goes amazing 150km/h
>baguette

What baguette?

K20A2 2L I4 200hp
>2790lbs but still shitbox tier
>Fast wheel drive
>MacPherson meme

>pigeout
>fwd
>diesel
>200hp, 450nm worth of torks

>I4
>200hp
>fast wheel drive
At least it has Double wishbone suspension. I have fun driving it on the backroads.

>V6
>170whp
>FWD

3/4 ain't bad, it weighs nothing and rides like it's on rails and sounds like a banshee

>tfw 7500rpm redline on V6

Close, PT Cruiser. They are fat for a small car. Easy to lighten tho. Handle well despite solid rear axle.

4000+ lbs.
Less than 250hp from a 4.6 liter V8
Comfy level is over 9000 though

>tfw my car is not a shit box according to this criteria

Some people don't want a tractor engine

*steals two cylinders from you are car*
ONE OF US

catch me first slow fagget

>121kw
>2.4 30v V6
>1715 kg
>quattro AWD
Apart from oil leaking out of every seal it's in great condition, I would even go as far as not calling it a shitbox, only 161k km. If it had the 2.8 instead of 2.4 I wouldnt even complain about the lack of power. Great fun in snow.

My unimpressive but cute excel

>that hood
was that your doing?

>3800 lbs
>turbo 4
>176 hp
>AWD

It has a hatch, moves a lot of music gear, it’s compact.

>Update
nope, but taking it off now would rip my paint off :(

Not my pic because mine is never this clean but pretty much identical. 90 hp turbodiesel. Owning it because it was a free handdown from grandpa. On the upside it's cheap to run and spot-on reliable. Got it to 183 kph by the needle so far, and I still haven't had downhill tailwind.

>2.6l 150hp
Wtf my 1990 5 series gets 192hp from a 2.5 litre

1990 had sohc, so 168hp. Audi wasnt exactly performance oriented at that time. You can compare their power, sure but remember that there was quite a difference in price aswell.

In 1990 the M50 24v block was introduced, 150hp from a 2.0 litre, 192hp from a 2.5, those arent performance oriented engines too, those are the Sxx engines found in M cars
This just shows how far ahead of the competition bmw was in engine manufacturing.

Гoтинa cнимкa.

An Audi 80 Avant is my absolute dream shitbox

>just a nudge over 1000kg
>1.3l 4pot
>92hp, or at least when it was new
>FWD

It's alright, gearbox feels like steering a pot of noodles though

1.0L Ecoboost 125hp lmao

>4000 lbs
Not exactly...
>4 cylinders or less
>250 hp or less
68 on the crank when new (100k on it)
93 Nm at 4800 rpm when new
>FWD
With open differential and no electronic gremlins

Comfy and got for sub around 1k
Was my first car
Wish it was a v8
Also, wont start after driving it and shutting it off

>v6
>190hp stock
>5 speed
Bought it bone stock, one owner at 120k. Had a exhaust that was almost dragging on the ground and a severe electrical issue.

Since then
>mandrel bent 2.5" y-pipe
>hi flow cat
>muffler and resonator delete
>custom 3" intake
>megan coilovers
>TWM short shifter
>replaced all front end suspension components and bushings

Dont a bunch of other little maintenance. Aside from the electrical issue (that i fixed recently) its been a fantastic car.
Unfortunately it sounds like shit above 4k rpm because of the y-pipe i added today. Next on my list is fix the cracked windshield, then get a muffler.

>tfw 170hp 4cyl

>1957 Chevrolet
>190-210 HP (don’t know for sure, but going to soon)
>Can’t cool itself to save its life
>Live in the south so 80% of the year is hot
>Can’t cruise because control arms start shimmying violently at 30-40 mph for whatever reason (getting them fixed soon, but only happens at slow speeds)
>No A/C (not necessary but summer is fuck)

bow down before the slowest man on Veeky Forums, for I have a WHOPPING "90" horsepower.

This thing goes 0-60 eventually.

Hon Hon