What is the best generation/body style of their respective model line? I'll start

What is the best generation/body style of their respective model line? I'll start...

Other urls found in this thread:

engineswapdepot.com/?p=15097
bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-23/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But you didn't post an image of 996.

996 is the worst generation because all the butthurt 911 fanboys said so.

I honestly think 993s are the ugliest 911s with it looking like something was dropped on the front

best 911 is the original

good, more relatively inexpensive 911s for me

Wrong.

HOL UP

eh

its my least favorite of the 90s Civics but I still like it a lot

oh jeez

This, please keep memeing about IMS bearing failures and fried eggs, keep 986s and 996s affordable

Jap plates are so aesthetic.

bugeye's a qt

Wrong.

In terms of looks, what is the difference between the R30 and R31? I know the engine and everything else is different but I can't tell the two apart without having them being put side by side

are other marks even trying?

>L28DET
>DET
>L28 engine with twin cams
Wut

>rear drum brakes
>no turbo
>4 speed manual
>finicky triple carb setup
>open diff
>chassis made of wet noodles and rust
greatest Z chassis huh? Considering every S30 Z build cannibalizes S130 280ZX parts and Z31 300ZX LSD rears, I’d be tempted to say that the S30 is the worst Z of all

05-06 Tiburons, unless you put a Hana front bumper on the 07-08.
Its criminally attractive.

theres quite a bit of difference in the earlier R30

yeah the later R30 kinda looks like a R31 but the easiest way is the grill I guess

That's just whoever posted it on "engine swap depot" being dumb. The bring a trailer listing rightly calls it an L28ET.
engineswapdepot.com/?p=15097
bringatrailer.com/listing/1973-datsun-240z-23/

Doesn't have the V10 anymore, but at least it can turn slightly better than its predecessors and that 4.0l twin turbo V8 can make just as stupid power numbers as the old V10.

side markers
trim
tail lights

theres more to go on if you learn it

By far

I had one of those when I was in japan. manual with the twin sequential turbo 2 liter.

wonderful car.

Also, while I’m up on my soapbox, the S130 280ZX is the best Z car there is

>dumb Sun Kang wannabes not knowing basic shit about their car
Color me surprised

I meant 'best' as in 'best looking'. Of course the newer bodystyles are going to perform better than the old one, but the looks of the original Z just can't be beaten.

>pic unrelated

this is almost triggering me just because its not a GTO or even a Pontiac in anyway except name

You didn't even post the best actual Pontiac GTO

Hell, not even the best A body either

How to trigger air cooled autists
>mfw the 993 Turbo is water cooled but they'll still keep memeing and over valuing it

>some guy near me has a whole bunch of classic cars sitting in front of his house
>All of them never driven
>Has a 280ZX Turbo literally rotting away. Interior is gone and every single body panel has rust holes. Also looks like most of the paint is gone too
It's a sad sight to see

dont like the 69 nearly as much as the 70

neither did you

Newer TLs with SH-AWD are objectively better. They just got beat with an ugly stick

Buy it for 500 dollars as is. You’ll easily make a profit just by parting out the turbo manifold, wiring harness and ECU. Or you could keep the parts and buy a clean rolling chassis

While I can still afford to throw around 500 bucks, i'm still a college student with no time to start project cars. I dont even have room to park it to pull it apart

I also think the owner is one of "those guys" that constantly harp on the fact they have this project car and will try to fix it up next year, but never do

laugh at the 996 all you want but the 993 is the ugliest of them all

All 1968-70 Mopars, each model, A.B.C body... all of them.....

>They just got beat with an ugly stick
That's what makes it worse, silly.
Nobody really cared was newer one was just an RL Lite.

>Eclipse GSX
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNG

I want this

Um, sweetie...

Can't really argue with this, but an S13 coupe with brick headlights is a very close second.

You're the certified sweetie here

It was the first non shitty Malibu in a long time, but far from the best.

Both wrong

>not picking the body style designed by a alfa romeo designer influenced by nakajima ww2 planes

>thinking the Z32 is best Z
AHAHAHA

The Z32 is the worst Z by far. It killed the Z car by making it far too expensive, ludicrously difficultbto work on, and terribly unreliable.

Z31 is also a great Z. Not as great as the S130 for what it brought to the table, but I’ll be damned if it isn’t a great first Z car

Not just a z31, but a z31 with an RB20DET.

>996 is the worst generation
had some fucking god tier motorsport versions though

Wow you guys (or samefag) really don't know what you're talking about. But that's fine! Everyone is entitled to their awful opinions.

Neat, a 200ZR. Although I love the VG30’s broad torque curve, I bet the ZR is faster and easier to maintain

>I don’t know what I’m talking about
>best friends with a Z32 owner

Have fun doing a basic servicing on that DE(TT), kiddo!

izzat a motherfucking trabant wagon? holy shit forget the dorito machine.

MK 1 Golf/Rabbit

yes 600 Kombi is my all time favorite car

You colossal fag refer to

took decades for them to make a cool Cougar

My man.

Always thought these were sexy

I fucken love first gen A3s

How can multiple people be so wrong?

Yeah, it's a shocker to work on, pretty glad they're mostly dead in Aus and I no longer have to do turbo swaps on them.

>Xb is best Ford Falcon

Bingo, user is correct.

964 is the ugliest.

E39 best 5

This. I just love how the S30 looks. I mean yeah you're gonna have to spend more time improveing it sure but still. Heart wants what it wants. S130 and the Z31 are close seconds for me though.

>200ZR

user you're mah nigga.

>Picking a car with a semi independent trailing arm suspension from a maxima over a fully independent suspension.
Get your slow ass grand touring middle age fluffy mobile the fuck out of here.

I have owned an s30, s130 and a z32.. and the s30 is the best. S130 was my favorite though, very comfy.

This is the most uncomfortable piece of shit that I've ever driven. It's track car tier. The interior is souless and the seats might aswell be 2x4s. The engine is underwhelming for a twin turbo but at least it sounds good. Just get an S4 instead

heck yea

Semi trailing arm isn’t “semi independent”. While the wonky Chapman strut on the back of the s30 is indeed way better than trailing arm, it isn’t any more “independent”. They’re both antiquated ways to approach IRS.

>Not the 2 door
>come_on_now.jpg

Why is 300ZX being adverted as some cheap beginner car lately? It is notorious for difficult repairs and being expensive to maintain.

The TT never got a twin turbo engine, unless you're talking about the concept.
It was however the only car besides the S3 to get the 240hp K04 1.8T stock.

There are a lot of them (NA especially) and the price range spread is huge. You can get a really shitty running NA for $1000-1500. The 240 kids are starting to find this and migrate over to Z32 ownership.

"hard to work on" is a total farce. They are just like any other car. Especially newer ones.