>FAQ
pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
>What to Play
pastebin.com/yfUKx35f
>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>News
InfraArcana v19 has been released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
IA v19 Changelog can be found here: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v19.0/res/release_history.txt
Angband 4.1.0 has been released:
angband.oook.cz/forum/showthread.php?p=122044#post122044
New 4.1.0 Oook.cz comp which no one from here will play:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php
URR (non-)update:
ultimaratioregum.co.uk/game/2017/06/24/burnout-and-the-future/

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

>in case /dcssg/ ever wants to play games other than crawl
roguenex.us/ (CDDA)
angband.live/ (Angband and variants, including PCB)
sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/home (InfraArcana)

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/S761eT4B
pastebin.com/8wMGdCiW
raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/develop/res/release_history.txt
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/downloads/brutal-doom-hell-on-earth-starter-pack
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for IA

First for IA dev is /our guy/

Play Tangledeep.

It doesn't even look like the kind of game that belongs here.

I heard mixed opinions on it. Some classes seemed completely unviable, the art was the main draw while the gameplay was mediocre at best. I'll admit it looks very aesthetic, though. Other than gameplay, the whole costing money thing would probably put most people here off of it.

this entire level is just full of ogres and trolls
aka "tanky melee-only enemy who dies to 2 casts of poison + kiting" and "tankier melee-only enemy with hp regen who dies to 3 casts of poison + kiting"

The ogre mages can cast slow which theoretically would be dangerous but they don't group up with their buddies and their AI never closes to melee range. So they just slow me while standing at the edge of my LOS and letting me zap them to death.

Wait so is 2-rune the hellcrawl equiv of 3-rune?

>you can put a rune of quietus on a blank spell to turn it into a spell of guaranteed instadeath

What game?

Mercenary Knight or some shit.

Dungeon Mercenary

Unfortunately the dungeon appears to be only 14 levels long. I only got to instagib 2 or 3 trolls with my fancy new toy.

The kill count screen is bugged or something.
I killed dozens of goblins and kobolds and at least half a dozen baby dragons.

Final evaluation: game is waaaay too easy for ranged attackers. I won on literally my second character (first was a melee assassin who died on D:1 while i figured out the controls). I ran into only 2 enemy types that were actually dangerous at range: Kobold wizards, who cast firebolt but have no hp and die to anything, and the Young Vampire I met on D:3 that cast poison spells for 75% of my hp. (But I threw a potion of negation at it to make it permanently lose its spellcasting ability and then I kited it like anything else. )

Depths.
I'm pretty sure you get 0 points for anything other than getting every rune, of which I believe there are 12 (no tomb, no abyss? and only 1 S branch).

in hellcrawl you can win with 0 runes

>making a game with Jews as an enemy
They're (((goblins))) but with a lot of Jewish references.

Any screenshots yet?

>you hear somebody counting money

>you hear someone rubbing their hands together

Have their AI preferentially place them behind pillars

lol

I'm saying neither that bumping having a place is inherently bad nor that having a skill set is automatically good. I'm just saying that one of the ways for a game to be interesting to me is to have a good skill system, therefore a roguelike that emphasizes skill use is worth checking out at the bare minimum.

Try ToME, then?

I play a lot of T4, Demon, and OWH periodically already. T4 is fun but gets really samey because even though it has a lot of races/classes most of them are superficially different, and have skills/resources that ultimately do the same things. Indielikes generally don't have the replay power of classic roguelikes, but they usually do something that's interesting for a certain period of time.

Has anyone made maps for Infra Arcana yet?
yes

>you hear the number six million being muttered over and over

>you pick up the orb of zion
>you hear a thunderous oy vey

>A small, ugly, hooknosed humanoid. It is obsessed with gold and large numbers, and constantly rubs its warty, boney hands together.

>"For loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry." -William Shakespeare

>you hear a muffled "ogh vggh" in the distance

>The ugly humanoid cries out as he attacks you

How to deal with Mind Eaters in IA? Found one on D4 and I'm currently hiding in a barred up room from it.

Am I retarded? I died by Agent in the grass outside the starting zone. What am I supposed to do?

You attack him until he dies.

I can't see him because he's in the tall grass. Also, are there any tiles for PCB?

you should still be able to see things inside the tall grass right next to you, unless your torch or lantern burns out and you don't refuel it.

I have a lantern?

Only one I've managed to kill I moltov'd from across the room and shot it with my pistol.

did IA dev release a commit to hotfix something?

I just quaffed an invis pot, walked up behind it, then unloaded with my double barrel. Apparently that wasn't enough to I threw all my knives at it and then needed to hit it with a hammer.

Press 'e' to see your equipped items.
You start the game with a torch, but you can buy oil lanterns from the general store (the shop with a 1).

You need a light source to see in the dark, which includes some dark places in dungeons plus the surface during nighttime and areas of magical darkness made by enemy spellcasters.
Also for some reason being in tall grass or trees counts as being in darkness.

Greaves IRL cover just the shins and are strapped to you right?

yeh
the piece of armor that goes on the actual feet is the sabaton

The streak is dead in my Demon runs.
After the fourth game my drive to play this game kinda crashed thanks to finding another addicting yet brief distraction and whatnot.
Also Windows bloody restarted my computer so the final score screenshot cannot be recovered.

Thank you for that clarification.

19.1 hasn't been released, but some major fixes have been made before that hotfix in the meanwhile. Here's the pastebin for compiling for windows.
pastebin.com/S761eT4B

How do you "examine" things in Infra arcana? The pastebin advises you to examine tombs before you open them but I don't see that option in the keybindings, only the "view" option which is just looking around.

What version of Caves of Qud is the best, in your opinions? I've heard negative things about the Steam version, such as how it breaks some builds.

the finished version, which will never be released

benis in vagoo

Do *NOT* read the IA pastebin.
In fact we should just delete all the advice/strategy info from it for the next OP.

You make new pastebin yourself because it's outdated as fuck. No more mold farming. I don't even think it's been put in there, it's so old.

ponos in vagooo

Can you make a pastebin where anyone can edit? If not, what would be good for a document where anyone can edit and maintain it, so we could have current info on whatever games we pretend to play while playing DCSS instead?

This shit is like old mind worms all over again lads.

>one nothing wrong with me

They're pretty not fun tbqh. IA Dev, any plans to make them a bit more balance, or any tips on how to deal with them?

NEW rlg META-PASTA WITH REMOVED IA PASTA: pastebin.com/8wMGdCiW

is it bad if I play IA Rogue with rushing Silent by Level 2 and then grabbing Electrically Inclined Level 3

They have enough HP to withstand two stabs from a +3 dagger, they have a paralyzing attack, they are faster than normal, they terrify, they max out shock in one turn, they can spawn on D:4.
At least 2 of these things need to change, unless you put them deep enough in the dungeon.

The only thing you can do is not have them spawn between you and the stairs.

And yet another issue is that everything they do spams -more- prompts.

I think the dev may as well have put a hunting horror with lower awareness on D:4 for all the interesting situations mind eaters provide.

Thanks, user. Someone add this to the next thread when we get there Saturday or something.

is it bad if I play IA rogue with rushing Treasure Hunter by Level 1 and then grabbing Strong Back Level 3

How do you deal with invis shit in IA? Got to dungeon level 5 and then "whoops invis thing that's faster than you and phases through bullets ggnore"

yes

How the fuck do you get enough exp in IA to get any levels now that killing enemies doesn't net EXP? I'm always 1/2 the dungeon floor in Levels and I'm getting btfo hard

Explore. Find new enemy types, read runes, drink from fountains, identify potions/scrolls, etc.

I have done my best to do all of these. I even idle around after I have fully looted a map in hopes of catching new OoD spawns I haven't seen before (one game I caught Keziah and her Rat which was nice) and then sprinting to the stairs whenever I get the exp. But I'm still barely Level 4 by floor 8

1 level every two floors sounds about right.

>read runes
The monoliths, or can you read Elder Signs on the ground?

Monoliths. I haven't tried Elder Signs, I think those are traps?

If that's the best I can achieve, I will put more thought into longterm planning of traits and equipment based on what I discover by the time I hit Level 7 or 8.

Yeah. I'd say planning around 8 traits with consideration for the early game is what one ought to do.

>checks thread
>14 replies
>checks thread 7 hours later
>70 replies
Roguelikes confirmed for patrician's genre.

We've actually been talking about roguelikes, so it's slow.

So it's literally badBrogue with classes.
They should have called it Brogue++.

No, you mongoloid.

Does a lantern take up a weapon/shield slot?

Press 'e' and look at your list of equipment slots.
You'll see that "light" is its own slot, so lanterns don't take up a weapon slot. Same goes for 'shooters' (bows/slings/crossbows).

The IA pasta is so out-dated as to be beyond useless.
We get questions about it all the time, and the best thing to do is to remove it and just have questions in the thread until someone feels like replacing it.

A lot better than misleading people until they have to come ask the questions anyway, IMO.

hjlkyubn

is this a new crawl enemy?

fucking lol

I started playing Chei my niggas

Ghosts? Either use smoke grenade to break sight contact with it (usually it leaves you alone after that) or use dynamite and put it to rest. Or simply avoid ghost rooms. They never move far from their spot (unless chasing you) and always return to it after calming down.

Alright, as long as it's not about pastas being spoilery like said.
I'm the general pasta page maintainer, I'll update the crossroads of infinite >fun before the new thread is made then.

Those posts are both me and my reasons for wanting it gone have nothing to do with spoilers, but rather the advice/strategy being straight up wrong.

>IA Dev, any plans to make them a bit more balance, or any tips on how to deal with them?
Yes, they have already been nerfed a bit:
>Mind Eaters are not allowed to attack or feed for a few turns after feeding (to avoid locking the player)

v19.1 is on the way:
raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/develop/res/release_history.txt

The Mind Eaters should probably be slower and have less HP as well.

>break sight contact with it
This. If you can't kill it, do whatever it takes to break line of sight with it.

What vidya you play on spare time? Do you just dev and debug AI all the time and that also counts as gaming too? I thought you are probably eating raw meat and doing spells, practicing occult rituals, just for fun.

>What vidya you play on spare time?
Currently playing lots of Brutal Doom.

But yeah development feels like a game as well.

>Brutal Doom
My man!

You are sick sociopath. However, which is the best engine to play Brutal Doom with?

No idea, I just downloaded this - it works great and the maps are good:
moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom/downloads/brutal-doom-hell-on-earth-starter-pack

>Using trips to talk about non-IA related stuff
>Not even talking about roguelikes

Doom is roguelike but without procedural dungeons, randomness and ascii graphics.

Yeah fuck off with that shit in my honest imo.

Doom is the Dark Souls of roguelikes.

that's spelunky though?

I've come to the conclusion that tangledeep sucks. The gameplay's just super fucking watered-down because stat investments mean so little, skills all have massive arbitrary cooldowns, and classes have almost nothing about them that alters the gameplay flow. Ranges are also tiny and enemies are fast, meaning everything ends up in melee before long. It's also one of those games where you just fight single enemy after single enemy because everything is a massive damage sponge.

Big surprise.

Don't die