Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/KnBzIi5nchE
neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=243085041&postcount=401
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cordial reminder that DBFZ will be a poorly crafted fighter with abysmal space control, awful movement when compared to the Marvel series, lack of assist variety, and no appreciable character archetype diversity. Just because it's not Capcom doesn't mean it won't be bad. If you have to constantly compare yourself to current Capcom to make a game sound good, then it's a shit game.

Cordial reminder that Steam's concurrent player count for SFV is inflated.

Cordial reminder that SFV and T7 are identically lamentable. Both games have horrendous input lag, terrible online experience, a lack of character variety, long and artificial load times, and sparse on features. Promoting either of these games weakens the fighting game community.

Cordial reminder that a game which lacks strong zoning, is a game not worth playing.

>empty jump ex dp
>it works

I love Urien!

p5a will (eventually) save fighting games!

Quick heads up on what SFV is getting tomorrow.

>Abigail
>Suzaku Castle Stage
>Metro City Bay Area Stage
>Ring of Pride Stage
>Story Abigail Costume
>Battle Abigail Costume
>Nostalgia Alex Costume
>Nostalgia Juri Costume
>Nostalgia Ibuki Costume
>CPT Guile Costume
>Sports Ibuki Costume
>Sports Rashid Costume
>Sports Laura Costume

So.
Much.
Content.

Will MvC:I be dead on PC??

Playbrown

Looks like Persona 6 will come in the mean-time. The Cross Tag game kind of puts a damper on that game coming soon, and they also won't release it in a year where a persona game releases, which is likely to be reasonably soon. I'd say P5 to P6 will be more like P3 to P4.

literally mfw slowly watching the prices for a ceotaku flight go up day by day

Ibuki!

wow, is that all free?

to the guy asking for unist games, i'm ec. post psn

What's the Bison stand roundhouse of sf5?

Playbirth

CUTE!

>try to empty jump in sfv
>opponent should block your potential cross up
>he reflexively aa jabs you instead

Ramlethal is a cute brown

>I don't see how anyone who played sf before could enjoy the molasses movement
youtu.be/KnBzIi5nchE
Wow, SFIV was so much faster!

>hates SFV
>praises goober
>doesn't actually play fighting games
POTTERY

when should i be spending bars?

when you want to win

Play Kof

Anyone doa5lr xbone or tekken 7 pc us?

You can only get Abigail, his story costume and 2 of the stages for free, for everything else you have to pay.

nice 2006 ps3 game

>sf4 better than sfv is a meme

no its not

neogays suck but heres a decent explanation of why sfv is fucking awful

neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=243085041&postcount=401

>playing sfv

Play Weiss

Post webms

Real goobers like SFV don't let dickriders fiool you

>walk forward dp
>it works because cheatbox on jive

sfv would be good if inputs weren't delayed

Pure 50/50s or anything even close to a pure 50/50 just adds variance and reduces the skill-ceiling of the game. That's why people hate playing command grab characters universally in SFV. How many times have you seen Laura or Necalli players especially scrub out superior opponents in tournament? Like, I think heads, or I think tails and you guess on which one I think. That's a shit game. You can delude yourself into thinking you're good at that shit, especially if you play someone like zangief at a low level where people are bad at have balanced relatively unexploitable ranges of shit they do on wakeup or in pressure strings. But actual good players will be unpredictable and very difficult to exploit. Itazan doesn't win because of hype "hard reads". He wins because he has incredible neutral. In the wakeup game he's clearly trying to just be random and adjusting that randomness to reflect the risk reward of his options.

>sfv cr mp: 6f no range
>sfiv cr mp: 4f good range
>sfv cr mk 6f no range
>sfiv cr mk: 5f great range

lol

Didn't all the mahvel 3 fags move to PC since the ps4 port runs as bad as the 360 and ps3 versions?

Rolento loves Ibuki! He wants her to join his utopia!

Thanks

I wish more people play Skullgirls. It's a fun game inb4 reset city

>Urien is working the family business, responsible and serious
>Gill is fucking around acting like Jesus
No wonder he fucking hates his brother.

*doesn't punish your sweep*

Who should I play to get gold easier. Bison or Zangief?

That's not how breasts work.

lol stahp

>stop trying to whiff punish in sfv and just jump in every time i see someone whiff a big button
>gain 2000 LP

t. someone who's never seen a woman lift up her arms or lay down and stretch her arms while topless

>linking neogaf
To the fucking filter you go you trash.

Do you guys think we'll get other Illuminati vice president like urien? Will gill at least become playable?

>In V, every character can play a strong rushdown game. Every character. I've been rushed down by Dhalsim players harder than I've been rushed down by Balrog players in recent matches. The game promotes hyper offensive gameplay with no defensive options to deal with it. We got Dhalsim (which has an amazing design in V desu), getting up in your face, putting you into 50/50 situations with air gale or throw situations that you gotta just hold. While Sim can be played defensively, he can also play just as offensive as half the cast if need be. Same with Guile, a defensive character who's offense can be stronger than most of the cast. This just leads to the game feeling like every character is a rushdown character that you just gotta choose how you wanna rush down. This is what happens when you neuter the neutral game with worse buttons overall and remove a lot of the extra specials the cast had.

>In IV, Sagat/Guile/Gouken/Poison could play that strong fireball game and turtle the whole match. Then you had neutral heavy characters that wasn't necessarily strong rush down characters, but wanted to just play neutral in Rose/Vega/E Honda/Fei Long/Bison/Chun. Dive kick characters that did what dive kick characters do. Rush down characters that wanted to stay in your face the entire time. And then KOF characters like C Viper and the mistake that was El Fuerte. Also, grapplers were slow outside of Abel. Grapplers in V can get in your face and throw loop you within seconds lol. Hugo/Zangief/T Hawk had to work their way in. Oiled Hakan was.. too much.

Damn. Sad how true this is. I kinda miss 4 now.

Bison.

Play whoever you personally find the most fun and don't worry about a rank in a video game.

sfv isnt so bad guys

does akuma's ex command jump have different versions based on which 2 buttons you use?

>Watching Sako do work in SFIV was amazing because I knew that only he could do it. He put in the work and time to be able to do what he could do and that shit was beautiful b. In V, they added the 3f buffer to make combos easier. Now, I'm not against this particularly, because 1f links weren't for everyone, but I liked that variety. I liked that if you wanted to do the max damage combo, you had to hit that harder link to squeeze out that extra 50-60 damage. I liked that you had that choice. In V, doing the max damage combo is a breeze that anyone can do which makes the game a lot less exciting to watch. Mastering/Learning a character like Gen or C. Viper in SFIV, could take months to get at a proficient level with. Mastering/Learning the most complex character in V maybe Ibuki or Fang, could take maybe.. an hour or two to get to a platinum level at least. There's really not much to learn, they've taken so much away leaving nothing in return. You can learn to play Balrog at his potential in about 36 minutes in V. You could probably rob a pro player in a round or two with 40 minutes.

this is when fighting games took work instead of guessing. Take note.

I get the feeling that there is to be an arcade mode because there is no proper boss yet. Gill might fill that role.

Quick heads up on what SFV is getting tomorrow.

>AbigaiLMAO
>LMAO Castle Stage
>LMAO City Bay Area Stage
>LMAO of Pride Stage
>Story AbigaiLMAO Costume
>Battle AbigaiLMAO Costume
>Nostalgia Ayylex Costume
>Nostalgia LMAO Costume
>Nostalgia LMAO Costume
>CPT LMAO Costume
>Sports LMAO Costume
>Sports LMAO Costume
>Sports huehue Costume

So.
Much.
LMAO.

Is this supposed to be honkers and marie?

I personally love Skullgirls and am sad the fucking EVO lineup games are the only ones who get locals these days.

Having a hard time deciding between Skullgirls, KoF, or BlazBlue.
A lot of people warned me KoF was too technical, but I find it very intuitive, Skullgirls is a long time favorite, and BlazBlue is a recent interest plus I have a friend who's also trying to get into it since he loves Bullet.

I don't find anyone fun. I just want to show some prick who said "you can't even get gold in sfv." It's petty, but I'm committed.

MISHIMA,
THE WORLD IS TOO BIG FOR YOU TO CONTROL

why bother, they'll just move goalposts to platinum or diamond or master

kof is so cool because of the nuances of the air-to-ground and ground-to-air game. it's really fun and hard to work them into your game amidst everything else, but it's so satisfying when you do.

What function did his agenda mean by this?

show him by not wasting your time with a shitty game

Stay down, maggot.

HAHAHAHA IS THAT A COMBOFIEND REFERENCE????

Is it true that people only play SFV because they are paid by sony and capcom?

What fighting game is this?

What is blondie looking at here?

Yes, that's why Injustice 2 has a fraction of its entrants every tournament despite having similar if not bigger prize pools.

Blaz is fun. It's been picking up a lot since Evo as well, and seems to have more players than xrd the past couple of weeks. Skullgirls is fun but mostly dead.

of course they do. sfv is made by a goober and has just as little character variety and space control

I can't tell what's happening here because it's a shitty dithered gif in early 2017

Dhalsim. He's hard to use at platinum and diamond, but at lower levels nobody knows the matchup so you only have to be semi-competent.

Hi, FChamp.

So she has both the "Follow behind you" and "Mirror of movement" kind of duplicate bodies at onces? Cool. Now post a hitconirmed DI.

Skullgirls has a more dedicated community and they can help you out with a lot of things, but you need to go to SG discord to actually get any games.

how would you make counter-hit command grabs more interesting?

why would anyone say this looks fun

Why is SFV's in game resources so shitty when every other game's is great?

She also has a new air to ground spear attack that's supposed to like either drain meter or reduce meter gain.

because lmao combofiend

Lmfao

Capcom doesn't care about making games, just shitty products not bad enough to be lambasted but not actually good. They have found the Nintendo balance of pumping out shit because of fantards that buy anything with their logo on it.

who fucking cares sf4 isnt coming back so I dont know why you retards keep trying.

>no fgg guilty gear discord
>no gg general
damn

He's not wrong though. Just look at Megaman for the most egregious example of it. They pumped out a ton of shit games no one wanted, only to cancel the Legends game that people actually wanted.

I honestly believe SFV's problems were 100% caused by the capcom tour. They rushed the game out early and unfinished so they could start promoting esports bullshit, and then when it didn't do well the team that was planned to polish and continue working on it was trimmed to the bare minimum because it wasn't financially worth it for the higher-ups. It serves them right. Another 9 months or so with a full team to polish some of the problems and it would've been acceptable at least.

>bring back this dumb bitch multiple games
>dont bring back xmen
i understand its capcom ip but this just grinds my gears.
also, they want to make her even worse of projectile spam and leaving this the only aspect of the game that no one can counter

Yes, is.

REALLY makes you think

his acting at evo about mvci reveal should show everyone how many actors in the fgc there are solely to get paid

Dictator is easily the best online character in SFV. His dashes are unreactable online, unsafe block strings suddenly become safe, and overall EX DR is just complete fucking bullshit. It has in-air invincibility for no reason and is like +15 on block or something ridiculous like that. His 3f and throw loops obviously contribute to his online fuckery too. Offline? He's completely fine, probably one of the easier characters to deal with. In an online setting where his strengths are amplified to bullshit levels, and where people play with their brains turned off? Not so much.
/autistic rant

wtf i ___ dictator now