Why aren't there any American supercars?

Why aren't there any American supercars?

Because everyone has their own definition of a "super car" and it doesn't fit yours.

Venom GT
Ford GT
Saleen s7
Ultimate Aero

dodge viper, saleen s7, ford gt, vector m12, vector w8, callaway c12

just to name a few

P71

Lets not forget the Diablo

It was killed off by europoors.

Acura NSX

that's Italian
That's fapanese

Ferd Gee Tee is the current American supercar by supercar standards (mid engine, 200+ mph, insane price tag)

Americans are practical people.

Lamborghini was owned by Chrysler during production. Both companies oversaw the development of the Diablo.

because americans are shit

Depends on your definition. 'Super car' was originally used to describe the top American muscle cars of the 60s and 70s, the GTOs, 442s, etc. They were only retroactively named muscle cars once the era was over and smog equipment was choking everything up.

Looks qt.

The idea of supercars is fundamentally flawed. You're buying a car that's engineered and designed for the road, i.e the streets and public lanes, yet it will deliver shitty mpg, a spine rattling ride, uncomfortable seats, subpar interior, and general ride quality will suck. The defense is that you can take it to the track and drive it there, but if you have the money, you would have a separate track only car that will deliver monumentally better performance in every way possible and you can trailer it there. A supercar in essence is a flaw, it's only to virtue signal and peacock.

>elected a retard

?

>Ford GT
>Hennesy Venom
>Molser MT900
>Falcon F7
>SSC Ultimate Aero (world's fastest production car prior to Veyron)

>There are many notable American SUpercars

this is the real answer
fpbp

Found the soyboy.
On topic, America does. But nice bait.

Because people in America have the freedom to drive normal cars with 1500hp on the streets. Most people don't care about laptimes or top speed unless it's a texas mile.

>*Blocks your path*

it almost looks like a civic type r and a ferarri

>not street legal

not going to bloack anyone's pad

>americans are poor

what we all read

trump is a retard

>virtue signal
stop using terms you don't understand, kid

It isn't street legal in yurostan due to the larger hood bulge from the yuge supercharger. Fully legal in the land of freedom.

Assmad A detected

>Ford GT
>Dodge Viper
>non-base model Corvette

Jesus Christ, that fucking corvette looks really mad that its being compared to a gtr

too busy having fun

Here's the real question, does the UK have any other supercar besides McLaren and Noble? Noble is the only good supercar company out there, McLaren's are fucking overpriced spaceships with wheels

>Henessey Venom
It's a Lotus

not anymore since it is cancelled

nice projection and obsession, I am not Alphonse

the nurburgring is in europe

TVR
Aston
Jag (XJ220)

Burgerring isn't the only track in the world. It isn't america's fault that yuros are completely cucked by pedestrian safety laws.

Aston I'll give you. I forgot about them, they're shitty supercars as well, but they are supercars

I had to look up TVR, how does one drive something THAT low, you literally touch anything your suspension is gone. If there's a god damned mouse in the road, bye bye drivetrain

>He rates any jag, even the xj220
I barely consider Jaguar to be a car

still having fun sorry not sorry

Implying I'm wrong

>I had to look up TVR
>claims to know anything about cars
jej

>Doesn't know how suspension works
>Doesn't know how drivetrain clearance works
>Doesn't know TVR
>Calls Aston Ford Martins supercars

>twice the price
>Not half the time
hahaha nippons eternally btfo

do not respond to alphonse

because that's not very patriotic
buy american trucks today!

You are wrong, idiot.
What "virtue" does buying a supercar signal?
Thrift?
Safety first?
I love the environment?

Pull your head out of your ass.

>be britfuck
>lol at burgers for not having car culture
>burgers attack using lax laws on vehicles and displacement
>defend with autobahn and hurdurring
>burgers assmad and defeated
>drive 2mph to work the next day in a 0.2l "hot hatch" with a big red L on the back hoping one of the quadrillion traffic cameras dont catch me taking my eyes off the road because i sneezed.

>what is vector

too good for this world

America sucks at everything except for violence.

>mfw it took Europe 25 years to catch up to this.

take that back or i will beat your ass

*cough* and guns *cough*
Actually nevermind some of the biggest American gun manufacturers suck.