/ink/- Splatoon General

PREVIOUS THREAD SPLATOON 2 IS NOW OUT

Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- The next NA/EU Splatfest is Mayonnaise vs Ketchup, to be held in the first weekend of August.
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!
-The Inkbrush is out now!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

- who knows

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Splatoon 2 FAQ when?

No, it is one of the strongest weapons in the game.

Pearl is UGLY!!!

First for molesting marina in public

Sauce, please!

Why does Marina have Cheeto fingers

>weak subs
>slow fire
>not much more range
It's worse than just about everything that isn't total dogshit

Marie!

>Always work weekends
>Forever doomed to play with children on weekdays.
Fuck multiplayer games.

Oh, nevermind, I somehow brainfarted away the "pro" part of that question.

>Sheldon looks like a minion
>In one of the songs, you can hear "beedo" over and over again (which is a sound that minions make)

There, I've singlehandedly ruined the game for you.

SALMON RUNS YEEEEEEE

>3 people go down in salmon run
>lose because the one guy up from his teammates instead of helping

Sauce

>10 seconds left and 2 eggs still missing from quota
>only 1 guy left alive but two floaters with eggs
>mfw team initiates the final battle plan
>last guy revives one of the floaters and dies immediately
>5 seconds left
>second guy runs to the other floater and saves him
>3 seconds
>they fucking bolt at light speed towards the egg container
>1 second left
>ROUND CLEAR
jesus christ

Yeah the rest are on point, although the tri-bucket has some serious uses against them if you have high ground or are around a corner or just aren't far away.

>Can't figure out how to use Octobrush.
Race war now!

Reminder to draw the line

Merch lets you reroll slots at level 20, right? I just reached level 20 and he's still saying to talk to him about it later.
Do I need to do something else?

Is this an upcoming splatfest?

I like mustard more, but either way I'm voting for whatever side Marina is on.

It's superior Mayo, the only thing that makes fries good.

30 to start adding slots/reroll.

No one can do it yet, they are likely waiting until super sea snails are given out to unlock the feature.

mayo time

Supposedly Judd gives you one at 30, and that unlocks it.

Anyone up for salmon run?

*Notices buldge* owo!!!

The worst thing about it is that it's one of the worst inkers in the entire game. Both 96 and H3 ink more, and they're both better weapons overall.

Did that jellyfish give consent?

it's gonna feel weird in splatoon 2 not just picking marie's choice this time around, gonna pick whichever I like more instead of best girl

Really though, how the fuck do I octobrush? I just barely cleared 500.

Jump and swing.
Move onto the next area.

Ranked. Turf war is aerospray territory.

How is one supposed to avoid using the stick for assisting getting on target with Motion controls? I mean in the sense using up and down to aim with motion and turning the stick left if a target is to the side of you.

Do you really have to play this game like you're driving a car?

Because you grew up? Good.

Run to an uninked area, spam jump while firing around you.

>implying ranked isn't Aerospray territory as well

>being harassed by the tiny salmonids while using a charger

I bet it's frantically muttering

>"Please! I have a wife and kids!"

>"Y-yamete!"

>mayo
>on fucking french fries

Mayo is fucking disgusting as a condiment, and is only decent when used as an ingredient. Like in potato salad, or imperial rice. You may as well be dipping your fries in fucking grease.

Mayo repulses me. I don't really care about ketchup but at least it isn't gross.

nah, because pearl and marina are both shit
lol

Thank you.

You use motion controls for everything. If you're out or about to go out of your comfortable range, you adjust it with the stick and resume only using motion controls but in a different general direction. When you squid, you turn with the stick.

#mayosquids w w @ ?

by Brekkist

reporting in

go away

Can we get the splash-o-matic in game yet?

#MayoMasters
Or
#Ketchkucks
Really boodles my noodle

>people just now realize the Octobrush is actually good

To think it only took getting rid of truly broken weapons from the first game to actually realize it's always been a solid weapon. Shame people are going to bitch about it and get it nerfed.

Ugh, I've been watching streams for the last two days and feel so miserable. I really want to play this game, I have the money and they have them available where I live, but getting a Switch just makes no sense whatsoever for me at the moment.

It's not that good.

level 25
toxic mist+inkjet

>"b-but it requires no skill, you don't have to aim"
>proceeds to complain about the Luna requiring more accuracy

I actually saw someone say that yesterday

I got a Switch with a broken screen for pennies, it's now a permanently docked Splatoon machine. Sure you can find something like that in your area as well.

Go with Marina then. At least she doesn't look like a spoiled rich kid with a massive forehead. Seriously, Pearl looks like a fucking gremlin that'll start screeching if you don't give it what it wants. Meanwhile, Marina actually has freshness AND sass.

The Octobrush is far from overpowered. It's good, but not worthy of being nerfed. Not only does it have counters, but it sucks in Turf War and Tower Control. It's good in Rainmaker and decent in Splat Zones though.

Just give it time, and everyone (including you) will get used to dealing with Octobrush users, and the hype will die out. Just like what happened with the Krak-On Roller in Splatoon 1. It's annoying but it's just flavor of the week/month shit.

HOW THE FUCK CAN I UNLOCK MORE CLOTHES!? IS IT CASE OF EVERY 10 LEVELS?

Also, is there anyway to hack the splatnet app to give some nice looking clothes? LIKE THE FA-01

SW-4720-0489-4216
Feel free to play Salmon Run (or anything else) with me!
please don't bully me if I'm shit

In game stores reset every day. I think around level 15 they have a chance of stocking gear with 3 slots.
The app adds one new clothes every 2 hours.

Luna does have a higher skill floor than Octo if you're not playing recklessly like you did in Splat1 with QRSJ. Its blast can do so much more in terms of terrain abuse, but it's too slow to survive most direct engagements without directs (duh), especially considering semi-regional matchmaking somewhat fixing the lag. You have to have trigger discipline and can't overextend nearly as much as Octo does, and you need to know maps well to know where you can shank someone from outside their line of sight.

Thanks for the Octobrush tip, thought I was supposed to run around holding R2. Doing better now.

Is she one of those types of sea slug who are hermaprhoditic and fire their projectiles penis into each other in battle in order to reproduce?

Asking for a friend

I want to cuttle Flow!

Cum vs blood which side do you choose

>inserting your own head canons into pearl and marina's characters
look at this fag

>went from 60 part timer back to apprentice

i want to kill myself

>not doing the victory squidbag in salmon run
Worse than hitler

I swear. If this splatfest is going to be merged again. It'll be really hard for me to care for any future splatfest.
Even though I considered them to be one of the very best things about the original splatoon.

>head canon

The fuck are you talking about? I'm describing them based on looks and traits. Butthurt Pearlfag detected.

>Tfw I'm a gay vampire

How fresh is my set up?

but what if it's girl's cum

what holds more energy (or whatever)?
blood or cum?

they should hug

I'll be in Japan for a couple of months soon, so if I got one now I would have to get a tv screen and good internet just for that relatively short period of time. Getting one right now and then having to wait about half a year until I could use it again would suck too.

T.straight up making shit up
Pearl is dumb, really really dumb for non specified reasons , and she doesn't take anything serious aside from her music , that's currently what her personality is.

Girls don't cum stupid

The secret is paprika. And actual mayo has mustard in it in addition to tangy vinegar and eggs.

>playing a bunch of killing floor 2 recently
>pick up a switch + splatoon
>mfw salmon run
aw yiss

Anyone want to do Salmon Run?
1418-5835-8201

There's no downside to buying everything from the shop if you've got the money, right?

>Wave start in 10 seconds
>Screen starts to darken

Nope.

Room open for people who want to salmon run

>Water level starts to rise

ye me
i need munie

No blood = I die
No cum = I keel myself

>Usually really bad at video games
>Somehow wrecking in turf war
>Know that the second I glace into ranked I'll just explode

hello drablblelle nation ahm yur host KILLER KEEMSTERHHH and lets get rought into de news

Opening up a room

>full
well fuck me then

Remember that it's better to survive an encounter and not kill anyone than it is to lose and die, and you'll do fine.

Unless you're on tower control. In which case GET ON THE FUCKING TOWER YOU FUCKING SQUIB I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD JUST PUSH THE FUCKING TOWER